Author Topic: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?  (Read 19847 times)

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?
« on: May 20, 2019, 08:12:30 AM »
Any word on when it will be opening?

Also, anyone ever been to another of her restaurants? If so, what did you think?

https://pauladeensfamilykitchen.com/location/paula-deens-family-kitchen-in-branson-mo/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Paula Deen's Restaurant Opening Day?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:28:59 AM »
will be a while yet,  they are working on hiring staff very soon..   But a ways to go on building..

Never have been to one of hers, But seems way overated.
good food is good food
A good Buffet is a good Buffet.

I will continue eating at locally owned places.. Try to keep the money in town.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 10:42:07 AM »
will be a while yet,  they are working on hiring staff very soon..   But a ways to go on building..

Never have been to one of hers, But seems way overated.
good food is good food
A good Buffet is a good Buffet.

I will continue eating at locally owned places.. Try to keep the money in town.

I would like to try the restaurant but when looking at the menus from other locations I noted no dinner prices and limited menu choices, less than cracker barrel but same format.  Video from the website makes dining experience (facilities) look very standard almost Ihop, generic look.  We will see, it would be great to have another viable dinner choice.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 11:31:23 AM »
From what I understand, its something like 17.99 a person. You get to choose ONE protein for a table of 4 with 4 (??) sides. Thats it. I believe its all you can eat. NOT a buffet. NOT a menu. It is what it is. I wont eat there. That is a ton of cash for my family. Especially per person.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2019, 12:18:18 PM »
From what I understand, its something like 17.99 a person. You get to choose ONE protein for a table of 4 with 4 (??) sides. Thats it. I believe its all you can eat. NOT a buffet. NOT a menu. It is what it is. I wont eat there. That is a ton of cash for my family. Especially per person.

Ouch!  Thats higher than Golden Coral without the selection ( I said nothing about quality).
This is a bitter pill, maybe they will adjust the prices for the area.  I think thats a little high for the off season dont you think?  Maybe catch the tourists but on the landing they have to keep cranking during the winter.  They are going to have a hard time.  I wish them well

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2019, 04:09:51 PM »

Ouch!  Thats higher than Golden Coral without the selection ( I said nothing about quality).
This is a bitter pill, maybe they will adjust the prices for the area.  I think thats a little high for the off season dont you think?  Maybe catch the tourists but on the landing they have to keep cranking during the winter.  They are going to have a hard time.  I wish them well

Its a major Corp.  they wont adjust prices according to season, 
they dont care about locals.. 
They are building it at that location to get tourist money.. 
if the locals buy thats ok too..     
The company will get a big shock next jan-march.   LOL

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 07:44:35 PM »
Didn't she get fired from some show due to her racist comments? 

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 08:47:32 PM »
We were just hoping for another dinner location.
Anything new this season that is worth checking out?

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 07:38:26 AM »

For something she said 30-40 years ago apparently.  As far as that goes I say racist things! if you are using the modern barometer to measure that.  In this world of "taking offence" none of us are safe.  I choose to ignore that stuff less I become one of the crowd, a minion.  I am not worried about PC culture.  Paula should worry about her prices but that racist crap is old news.

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 08:16:03 AM »
I hear good things about the Mellow Mushroom coming to the Landing. I have never been to any of the locations so I would not know first hand. I am excited to at least try it......unless its a PD cost.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 08:38:09 AM »
I hear good things about the Mellow Mushroom coming to the Landing. I have never been to any of the locations so I would not know first hand. I am excited to at least try it......unless its a PD cost.

I was at Mellow Mushroom in Gatlinburg,  I was there during the afternoon and found it to be Pizza Hut like.  The atmosphere seemed to be a little "House of Blues "  with pop art and a groovy vibe.  It may have been more about the beer than the pizza or thats how it felt.  Might be a great little meeting place for Branson.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2019, 09:41:36 AM »

I was at Mellow Mushroom in Gatlinburg,  I was there during the afternoon and found it to be Pizza Hut like.  The atmosphere seemed to be a little "House of Blues "  with pop art and a groovy vibe.  It may have been more about the beer than the pizza or thats how it felt.  Might be a great little meeting place for Branson.

MMM...??.  Beer and Pizza, (hold the shrooms please)..  count me in..!!

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2019, 03:11:37 PM »

MMM...??.  Beer and Pizza, (hold the shrooms please)..  count me in..!!

Mellow mushroom is OK. Nothing extraordinary. Just another pizza chain. Lots of good beer choices though which is good. Ill keep my business at Reeds Springs for Pizza.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2019, 05:52:54 PM »

Its a major Corp.  they wont adjust prices according to season, 
they dont care about locals.. 
They are building it at that location to get tourist money.. 
if the locals buy thats ok too..     
The company will get a big shock next jan-march.   LOL

It’s called Family Style Dining - think Lamberts.  Also they have a restaurant already in Pigeon Forge so they know what they’re doing. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2019, 08:03:42 PM »

For something she said 30-40 years ago apparently.  As far as that goes I say racist things! if you are using the modern barometer to measure that.  In this world of "taking offence" none of us are safe.  I choose to ignore that stuff less I become one of the crowd, a minion.  I am not worried about PC culture.  Paula should worry about her prices but that racist crap is old news.

yea, well I am sure half of what I say would be considered racist or what not in this day of age.