Author Topic: BBQ best bang for the buck  (Read 7881 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: BBQ best bang for the buck
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2019, 07:22:53 PM »
Well with that being said hopefully the PTB will take note and either make some vast improvements or do something different altogether.

I dont know the Logistics or problems with planning a "competition",  but that would be a bid draw.. 
Always GOOD food if there is competition for number 1..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »
Why can't they just go back to how it used to be done with the outside vendors doing the BBQ? 

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2019, 10:25:31 AM »
We have gone to SDC the last 2 Sundays. We were going to buy BBQ nachos last Sunday but after seeing what was being served and the small amount of being served, we decided not to buy. For 12.99, it was less than half the size of the BBQ nachos served at Danna's.

I really miss the big displays of BBQ sauces. We used to buy 2 or 3 bottles every year.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2019, 11:52:36 AM »
What’s interesting is that while SDC’s BBQ has diminished in quality, WOF’s has really stepped up its game this year.  In fact overall, I’d put WOF’s quickserve food as a higher quality this season
SWOOSH

fenton04

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 08:45:02 PM »
I got to tell you that we went to the BBQ buffet at reunion hall last Saturday.  Prime rib was over done, the tri tip was pretty good. But as we are rib lovers and by that meaning that the rib meat has to be pulled off the bone.  The buffet nailed it and the best ribs ever.  Pappy's and Sugar Fire would have been a close second.  We went expecting dubious BBQ. We walked away glad that we gave the a chance.  Money well spent.
may your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
may trouble avoid you wherever you go.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2019, 09:11:42 PM »
I got to tell you that we went to the BBQ buffet at reunion hall last Saturday.  Prime rib was over done, the tri tip was pretty good. But as we are rib lovers and by that meaning that the rib meat has to be pulled off the bone.  The buffet nailed it and the best ribs ever.  Pappy's and Sugar Fire would have been a close second.  We went expecting dubious BBQ. We walked away glad that we gave the a chance.  Money well spent.

So do they only have this certain days?  How much are they charging for it?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2019, 11:14:15 PM »
So do they only have this certain days?  How much are they charging for it?

I don't see a price, but looks like this Friday, Saturday & Sunday are the last days for it.

https://www.silverdollarcity.com/theme-park/Attractions/Dining/Reunion-Hall-BBQ-Buffet

fenton04

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2019, 04:55:06 PM »
It was a little over twenty dollars include drinks.  OBTW the mason jars desserts that were pints and half pints at red gold they were available at reunion hall in 1/4 pints (4 of those little puppies equal one pint just saying)  They too were all you could eat.  I had one strawberry, and one apple which I preferred but due to an overstock of ribs that I ate alas there was no more room at the inn.
may your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
may trouble avoid you wherever you go.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2019, 06:51:14 PM »
Well I would not mind trying that but it does not look like we will be able to get up there.  Both the exits out of our road are completely flooded and probably will be for days.