Author Topic: Early preview for you: 3 Changes on the SDC Train I Like (and 3 I Don't)  (Read 2250 times)

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
My newest video will post tomorrow, and it should be fun to hear some of the feedback from some of those on the boards, so I'm giving you something normally only my patrons would get: early access!
Things constantly change, sometimes for the better, sometimes not. The train at SDC is no exception.  So here's 3 Changes on the SDC Train I Like (and 3 I Don't)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3fgWq0oec
I'd embed a preview box for it, but I can't seem to remember what the codes are for the life of me.  And there's no help box for it.  lol
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 08:30:48 PM by sirwillow »
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Great video, and I agree on all points.

I have seen Ma recently, however, once this year and once last Fall.  It's rare, and maybe the crews are going a little rogue--which I applaud!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Great video, and I agree on all points.

I have seen Ma recently, however, once this year and once last Fall.  It's rare, and maybe the crews are going a little rogue--which I applaud!

that's good to hear that it at least occaisionally pops up.  I wonder if it was a weekend when Kevin Huffman was robbing.  He doesn't get to rob often, but when he does he likes to be creative and do some of the other stuff as well
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
Thanks for the video and insights, I agree it sucks they have been removing more and more stuff from the Train (and elsewhere in the city) to be politically correct, just because a select few get offended.

The last time I saw the Ma performance was (I believe) back in 2016 on a slow day in the fall.
Maybe I never noticed until recently but in the past couple years they have eliminated the screaming in the tunnel and "Shake your fist and call em' UGLY! at the crossing and robbery and "A woman knows how to put her foot down" joke regarding needing the brakes on the train.

But yes the most disappointing aspect is that the guns appear to have been further reduced to nothing more than plastic toy cap gun pistols as you can even see the plastic orange tips on them from time to time on some of them. Very anti-climatic when they shoot them off too.

And of course as it was already discussed, but Hobo Junction has been gone for years and the whole shooting at the boat on the lake that was stolen from the conductor scene. Another prime example elsewhere is the scene changed in FITH with the hanging scene where they had guns aimed at guests as you pass by after the bridge segment which you no longer hear "explode" as you drop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6jJkiHqn-0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 06:23:06 PM by sdcfan88 »