Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > General Silver Dollar City Talk

BBQ best bang for the buck

(1/5) > >>

Okiebenz:
In all the years I have been going to SDC during the Blue Grass/BBQ festival we have never eaten any of it.  We have strolled thru the red/gold hall and checked it out but thats about it.  Since we will be there tomorrow what/where is the best bang for the buck for food at this deal?   We usually do not eat at the city very often but end up leaving early to mid afternoon when it starts getting busy if we get there pretty close to opening.

JustGoHogs:
several of the vendors in the Red Gold Hall will have different deals and some of them are folks with restaurants fairly nearby (seems like there were folks there from Aurora, MO a couple years ago for example).  Good food and not outrageously priced.  And be sure to try the mason jar desserts.  couple of different size options.

pintrader:

--- Quote from: JustGoHogs on May 11, 2019, 12:58:37 PM ---several of the vendors in the Red Gold Hall will have different deals and some of them are folks with restaurants fairly nearby (seems like there were folks there from Aurora, MO a couple years ago for example).  Good food and not outrageously priced.  And be sure to try the mason jar desserts.  couple of different size options.

--- End quote ---

They don't have the vendors like Hogwild and Dickies anymore, and haven't for a couple of years.  Everything in Red Gold is totally in house and done by SDC.  Like JustGoHogs said it is all very good and reasonable on price.  The large mason jar desserts are a little pricey at around $10.00 but a lot to eat in those big jars  :).

Obviousdramatic:
The mason jar desserts are pricey, but you get to keep the jar. So its not a total bust. I split a nacho with my mom and it was 13.00 with discount. (I opted to use my 1.50 refill mug) The variety is ok. My group all got something different and were all pleased.

Swoosh:

--- Quote from: Obviousdramatic on May 11, 2019, 05:03:42 PM ---The mason jar desserts are pricey, but you get to keep the jar. So its not a total bust. I split a nacho with my mom and it was 13.00 with discount. (I opted to use my 1.50 refill mug) The variety is ok. My group all got something different and were all pleased.

--- End quote ---

You have to return the jar.  There are collection sites around RGHH next to the trash cans

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version