Author Topic: Schlitterbahn Kansas City not reopening this year  (Read 3382 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Schlitterbahn Kansas City not reopening this year
« on: May 09, 2019, 07:21:27 AM »
Looks like Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City will not reopen this year, and it sounds as though it may be sold.

https://www.ktlo.com/2019/05/08/kansas-water-park-where-boy-died-appears-unlikely-to-open/

Did the slide ever get torn down after that terrible accident?

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: Schlitterbahn Kansas City not reopening this year
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 08:01:00 AM »
I drove by a couple months ago and do not recall seeing the slide - I always look for it, so I'm going to say yes it has been removed (but I am getting old and my memory could be failing me).

I don't understand why they didn't just take the slide out but leave the tower, they could have added other slides to that structure. I guess they could have sold the whole slide to some other park in Spain or somewhere....

Jay

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2019, 10:05:58 AM »
The slide was torn down last year.

I'm not surprised the park isn't opening this year.  After what happened, it's almost going to require it being sold and rebranded for it to have much of a chance of being profitable.  Right now it has an image and reputation that people don't want to touch when they are trying to figure out where to go.  Especially when there is another decent waterpark in the same city over at Worlds of Fun.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2019, 11:25:44 PM »
The park in KCK will never open again.  For 6mill they’ll strip the place of value and flip the property for profit
SWOOSH