Author Topic: Galaxy's Edge Review and discussion on Theming in parks.......good read.  (Read 3646 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
I have watched the building of Galaxy s Edge in Disney parks.  It opened last night for select guests and the online folks have reported in.    The article covers opinions and theming in  parks, why and how it is important and how it effects the guests.  Interesting little read.
We are often discussing changes in theming at SDC and what is being retired or left in the past.  Read and see if you dont agree with some of Disneys assertions.  Some are direct comments on the new land but they also cover what they believe makes the customer respond to the efforts they have put out. 

https://www.micechat.com/226535-opinion-first-impressions-of-star-wars-galaxys-edge-review/
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:04:09 AM by mhguy77 »

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
That's a great article!

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Interesting insights

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Very interesting article. I cannot wait to experience SW:GE someday. Interesting thoughts on not including the score within the land. At WWoHP, the score is used throughout the land and it does not make me feel as if I am not in a "real place." So, it is interesting that Disney chose to omit such an iconic piece of Star Wars.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Very interesting article. I cannot wait to experience SW:GE someday. Interesting thoughts on not including the score within the land. At WWoHP, the score is used throughout the land and it does not make me feel as if I am not in a "real place." So, it is interesting that Disney chose to omit such an iconic piece of Star Wars.

When I was a young man the sounds of Silver Dollar were much louder than they are today.  Ride music, background music through the speakers, live performers scattered in the park ect.   Maybe its just my old ears but I dont feel as much of this is still around.  Maybe they dont want to play bluegrass anymore?  I get the points of this article as music really effects me.  Seems like a big misstep for Disney.  Wondering if they are waiting for the new ride?  Maybe they will bring in the music for the unveiling of the masterpiece they claim they have built.  I also look forward to seeing this in person.  I am not the target audience but I really enjoy the atmospheres Disney excels at creating. 

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)

As most of you know, I’m the Director of Bands for my school district so I have an emotional connection to music and honestly even if WWOHP didn’t have the scores playing, they’d still be playing in my head (lol).  I think it’s a missed opportunity for Disney to not play the scores in SW:GE.  Music just finishes the product.  I was shocked that they didn’t play the Avatar scores in Pandora too, so I guess this is just a continuation
SWOOSH