Author Topic: Inclement weather plan for echo hollow bluegrass shows?  (Read 5484 times)

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
Inclement weather plan for echo hollow bluegrass shows?
« on: April 30, 2019, 11:51:20 PM »
I love the new change to have the big name bands play in the evening at echo hollow, but what is the plan for it raining? Most are there only one day and if it is raining like now, I am assuming shows will be cancelled. But is there a fallback plan?

I plan to leave from work every night to get there for the headliner... so if the show id definitely not going in would bd good to know before wasting time/gas
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 06:29:47 AM by Jemmicat »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Inclement weather plan for echo hollow bluegrass shows?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 12:53:26 PM »
I would imagine it's going to greatly depend on how much/ how hard it's raining, is the stage wet, and how it would affect the electrical/ sound cords that are out there.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

JustGoHogs

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 03:08:44 PM »
LB and I saw The Spinners a couple of years ago in Echo Hollow.  It poured until almost show time.  Not sure what would have happened if it hadn't stopped raining but the show for The Spinners went on as scheduled,

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 04:51:44 PM »
I love the new change to have the big name bands play in the evening at echo hollow, but what is the plan for it raining? Most are there only one day and if it is raining like now, I am assuming shows will be cancelled. But is there a fallback plan?

I plan to leave from work every night to get there for the headliner... so if the show id definitely not going in would bd good to know before wasting time/gas

THe best bet is to check the social media pages of SDC. Twitter or Facebook and Instagram. They would definitely have better and more up to date info before it filtered down to this site.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 01:45:23 PM »
I was at that Spinners concert, also.  I asked about cancellations - both by calling and asking one of the docents working at the show,  and the answer was unless it's lightning, the show goes on.

gzieglermo

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2019, 06:34:03 PM »
Looks like tonight's Echo Hollow show got moved inside - Red Gold?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2019, 07:05:09 PM »

Might be hard to do it in Red Gold since they've got all of the BBQ stuff in there.  Opera House maybe?  I'd be interested to hear where they did it and how it worked out.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 08:37:30 PM »

Might be hard to do it in Red Gold since they've got all of the BBQ stuff in there.  Opera House maybe?  I'd be interested to hear where they did it and how it worked out.

I haven't been in there during the BBQ fest for a couple years, but they used to have bands playing in there on the stage.  Wouldn't it be easy to stage if it's already set up for that?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 10:12:17 AM »

I haven't been in there during the BBQ fest for a couple years, but they used to have bands playing in there on the stage.  Wouldn't it be easy to stage if it's already set up for that?

You're right.  I saw a video later in the day after I posted, and there is a stage in there.  Lots of benches set up for people to eat at, so seating isn't the best, but depending on how large the crowds were (and with the rain they probably weren't huge) it probably could be made to work.  And be a lot closer than Opera House.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2019, 09:07:25 AM »
Did anyone find out what they did for Friday night's show? Twitter and all said nothing.

Pretty much the long range forecast past Monday in Springfield/Branson is rain every day for at least 2 weeks. Trying to plan for whether to drive down if raining after work.

gzieglermo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2019, 01:31:37 PM »
I am pretty sure they moved to Red Gold.   Picture I saw had the red and blue "quilt" backdrop that I remember being at Red Gold.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 09:36:30 PM »
Weather was very pleasant Sunday night for the Grascals (and for the 3rd time right before the group's appearance at SDC a member left the group and was replaced).

From the amount of people in attendance we could have fit in Red Gold or the Opera House in case of inclement weather.

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2019, 10:50:56 AM »
Ok so does anyone know where the shirts are this year? I looked in hospitality house and didn’t see them

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2019, 05:33:23 PM »
Ok. So i just got here and even though it was not supposed to rain it has poured. They said that if weather forecast says rain they make a call early and move to red gold. If like today that said 0% chance of rain and it started pouring around 4, they cannot move it and the show will go on in echo hollow. Rain has stopped for the moment. But I guess that is the plan

So I guess look at forecast and if it is definitely forecast to rain during showtime it will be in the red gold hall. Otherwise it is gonna be in echo hollow no matter if raining or not. Probably would cancel if lightning