Author Topic: Branson Weather 2019  (Read 3972 times)

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Branson Weather 2019
« on: April 30, 2019, 05:27:32 PM »
So, I've got KOLR's stream up on my browser as they follow a bunch of different tornado-warned cells. They got a call from Brad Thomas letting them know that all the employees at SDC are in shelters. Someone just called in a minute or so ago saying they saw a funnel over SotH Expressway.

Anyone who lives in or near Branson, make sure to take shelter and I hope you guys don't end up with any damage!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Branson Weather 2019
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 06:32:57 PM »
Over 5 inches here in the last 24 hours...  NO bad weather though..

Branson be safe tonight

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:51:37 PM »
Yeah I was out storm chasing for the TV station and got this tornado by Wagoner OK, these were part of the same storms that went on up thru NW AR and SW MO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGs0tiZuTo

Timelapsed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXkStAB5VwA
« Last Edit: May 02, 2019, 04:49:07 PM by sdcfan88 »

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
Did you take that sulphur, ok footage?  That was amazing!!!!
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 11:01:49 AM »
Waitaminute. You're Brett Adair? You stream, don't you? I feel like I've seen your name before.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 03:39:05 PM »

LOL wished I could take credit for that but no that was done by a guy out at one of the OKC stations that grabbed that. I agree it was pretty amazing yet crazy to see.

Waitaminute. You're Brett Adair? You stream, don't you? I feel like I've seen your name before.

No we as storm chasers submit videos thru him on his media streaming network. I am Joshua Myers a local storm chaser at KNWA. BUT more than likely yes you have seen both of our names on the air though.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2019, 03:52:50 PM by sdcfan88 »

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:50:13 AM »

LOL wished I could take credit for that but no that was done by a guy out at one of the OKC stations that grabbed that. I agree it was pretty amazing yet crazy to see.

No we as storm chasers submit videos thru him on his media streaming network. I am Joshua Myers a local storm chaser at KNWA. BUT more than likely yes you have seen both of our names on the air though.

Where did that nasty wind come from last night at 10PM in Southeast Fayetteville. Had to be well over 40mph gusts.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2019, 04:48:25 PM »
It was actually gusting up to 58mph, had several trees downed all throughout NWA particularly Rogers/Bentonville with power outages as well. Enough to be severe criteria and that's also tropical storm force winds. What it was is a decaying low pressure system was parked right over the area. That doesn't happen often like that.