Author Topic: How bad is Memorial Day weekend?  (Read 1743 times)

ThemeParkFan

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
How bad is Memorial Day weekend?
« on: April 20, 2019, 08:08:02 PM »
I've wanted to give Bluegrass and BBQ a shot for a long time, and due to my work schedule it looks like the Saturday and Sunday of that weekend are the only days I could go. Obviously it'll be busy, but I have a few questions for anyone who has gone to SDC during that weekend in the past:
1. Should I expect crowds to be on par with or worse than an average OTC Saturday in December? Imagining ride lines are longer of course.
2. Do the evening hours run roughly like Moonlight Madness (at least, the MM of a few years ago) where most things shut down around 7 and it's basically just the rides running until 10 PM?
3. Are there any notable food items for the festival beyond what I would expect (ribs, brisket, etc)?

Any insight is appreciated.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: How bad is Memorial Day weekend?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2019, 10:21:11 AM »
1.  It will be busy, but more than likely not Christmas Saturday busy.  Don't expect it to be to far off, but the rides will help absorb some of those crowds and make it a bit easier to see the shows.
2.  I think this may be the first time they've done later hours at a time other than Christmas and Moonlight Madness, so it's hard to say.  More than likely you're right, but until they release show schedules for that day, we don't know.
3.  They'll release all the food extras right after Festival of Wonder is done, but more than likely it'll be several BBQ booths in Red Gold or something like that, and maybe a BBQ nachos/ fries at one of the food locations and not much more different food wise.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.