Author Topic: WHAT'S NEW on The Flooded Mine Full Ride? FULL RIDE! Silver Dollar City, Branson  (Read 9785 times)

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
After thinking through it, Amy and I can't figure out what we might have missed. We'd love to hear from you all, just for kicks. We only mentioned a few things we thought were new. The rest of the commentary was about stuff we were noticing, but didn't identify it as new.

We talked about a general freshening up, fresh paint, etc. Amy wondered if the guards were new, or possibly dressed differently. We weren't sure. I mentioned the buzz saw. The boards at the end and also the air canon were new. There were some new props too.
Again, we didn't research prior as we just wanted to share our raw first experience from a tourists perspective after the refurb. Definitely didn't expect to notice everything.
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
So, it seems the only thing we got wrong was the guards, right? But, we did admit on the video that we weren't sure if they were new or not. The other stuff just went unnoticed. I don't believe we gave any wrong info. That's where your comments stumped us. We do trust that folks will give us grace if we make a mistake every now and then. We definitely are human and far from perfect.

There are a bunch of travel vlogs out there that aren't meant to be documentaries or require any research. They are basically heading to theme parks, the beach, on cruises, etc with a camera in hand. They just record their adventure and share their experiences. It's super common. No expert analysis, no research, nothing like that at all. That's what we do too with our own personality. We have some Disney World vlogs like that as well. We rode Pirates of the Caribbean and wondered if certain scenes were new or not. It's the same approach we take on most all of our videos, including this one.

It's basically the Burton family out having fun and sharing some stuff we discover along the way. Again, there are TONS of YouTubers who do this as well. There aren't any rules about what you must address in order to upload videos. Creators can focus on pretty much anything they want.

As an example, I'm editing our next SDC video right now. We highlight things that kids like. Our kids are in the video, choosing what they want to go on next. We just follow them around and record the fun. We aren't getting into statistics, changes, etc. We don't feature every kids ride. It's just a raw, casual recording of us enjoying SDC.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 11:08:34 PM by johnburton »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
If Swoosh would do a video, I would expect it to be much different - I'd expect it to be spot on, with each detail described and dated. 

;D I think you hit the nail on the head.  Way back when we started MIG we would give our opinions on things more, but we soon realized that parks don’t always like that - so we switched to a “this is what it is” format and that opened a lot more doors.  Now we don’t do that with SFSTL updates, but they’ve never wanted to play nice with the outside coverage enthusiast sites.  Shoot we can’t even get them to come to Coaster Christmas now. 
SWOOSH

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Going forward, we definitely want to respect this site and it's focus. The content does seem to be more facts and figures than vlog style content. If folks want to subscribe to our YouTube channel, that's great. But, I'll refrain from sharing SDC or Branson videos or other posts on this site. I appreciate what you all have developed here! Thanks everyone!

straightshooter

• View Profile
LOL, so I'm just now getting to this craziness. Calm the freak down Swoosh, no one cares and you're the one coming off as a snide idiot at this point.

It was a nice video. I appreciate getting a fresh look at FM since I haven't been able to get out there yet this year. I love seeing how much attention it has gotten. True, virtually everything called out as "new" isn't actually new, but it has all been given a lot of TLC so that it can certainly look new to someone who isn't a detail hound.

Sometimes I'll spot something I think is "new" at the city when it's actually been there for 50 years and I just never noticed. Something else gets moved and it just jumps out at you even though you've walked down that path for years.

Anyway, what we should all be celebrating is the return of the buzzsaw! I can't believe how many years they let that thing lie dormant! Thanks to everyone who has made the Flooded Mine look so good this year, it is much appreciated!

Shave, appreciate this comment, but will all do respect, your'e the one that continues to allow Swoosh to keep doing this. You decide when you call him out but when anyone else does you or the moderators police and delete. This is all in good fun but it's not worth continuing to let this happen.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Going forward, we definitely want to respect this site and it's focus. The content does seem to be more facts and figures than vlog style content. If folks want to subscribe to our YouTube channel, that's great. But, I'll refrain from sharing SDC or Branson videos or other posts on this site. I appreciate what you all have developed here! Thanks everyone!

No. That was not the intent of my replies and my PM to you.  As Jay pointed out, there are people here that are interested in your videos.  Might I suggest making one thread for your videos so people that do want to see them can find them easier.
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
No. That was not the intent of my replies and my PM to you.  As Jay pointed out, there are people here that are interested in your videos.  Might I suggest making one thread for your videos so people that do want to see them can find them easier.

Good for the Goose

Continuing with the respect that John seems to be leading us with his modified video posting plan......   IF we are going to keep all Johns outside links to a standard thread then should your updates go there as well Swoosh?  I happen to enjoy them but if we are going to treat Johns videos like second class posts shouldn't all links be treated the same  " So those that are interested can find them easier?"  So not to prioritize any links over another.......all links should be kept to one thread.  Is this not fair?  I assume so as you suggested it for John. 

So who would like to start the outside link thread?     What a great suggestion, this will help me find all the photo links very easily!               

UNLESS THIS ISN'T FAIR ............................................
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 07:47:46 AM by mhguy77 »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
^Let's not make this complicated. Post whatever Branson/SDC content you want. Ignore anyone who gripes.  This isn't a big or active enough site to get too wrapped up in content policy ;)

After thinking through it, Amy and I can't figure out what we might have missed. We'd love to hear from you all, just for kicks. We only mentioned a few things we thought were new. The rest of the commentary was about stuff we were noticing, but didn't identify it as new.

We talked about a general freshening up, fresh paint, etc. Amy wondered if the guards were new, or possibly dressed differently. We weren't sure. I mentioned the buzz saw. The boards at the end and also the air canon were new. There were some new props too.
Again, we didn't research prior as we just wanted to share our raw first experience from a tourists perspective after the refurb. Definitely didn't expect to notice everything.

Like I said, it's a fine video John. Some of the die hard nerds may point out little "inaccuracies" like something that was just finally fixed or repainted or whatever, but who cares? You accomplished your goal of a nice family vlog that showcases a one of our favorite attractions. Don't take anything here too seriously and I hope you keep posting videos and content.

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Right on. I'll post some future vids then. Appreciate it!
Blessings all!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
Right on. I'll post some future vids then. Appreciate it!
Blessings all!

Dynomite!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
If we all got free passes to the escape room we would shut up.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile

Good for the Goose

Continuing with the respect that John seems to be leading us with his modified video posting plan......   IF we are going to keep all Johns outside links to a standard thread then should your updates go there as well Swoosh?  I happen to enjoy them but if we are going to treat Johns videos like second class posts shouldn't all links be treated the same  " So those that are interested can find them easier?"  So not to prioritize any links over another.......all links should be kept to one thread.  Is this not fair?  I assume so as you suggested it for John. 

So who would like to start the outside link thread?     What a great suggestion, this will help me find all the photo links very easily!               

UNLESS THIS ISN'T FAIR ............................................

I could do that - though I post the links in the appropriate threads right now as in Trip Reports in the “Where You Going “ thread.  2019 project updates in that thread. 2020 in that thread. Trip Reports for SDC in that thread, etc
SWOOSH

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
I feel so out of the loop that I completely missed this drama.  LOL  to much working my real job I guess.

Most of what I think though, I'll refrain from saying as it wouldn't add to anything.  But I very much enjoy seeing other people's stuff- videos, photos, etc.  There may be a couple I don't visit, but when I have time I love checking out what other people are doing.  And getting inspiration for my own things.

It's interesting to see the thoughts about posting links up.  I used to post mine in one thread so it wouldn't come across as spammy, and don't often post them on the board anymore as I figure most people interested in them likely are subbed to the channel already.  The couple of recent construction ones were pretty much the exceptions to that.  But seeing a couple of the comments on here I might rethink that a little bit and share the links a bit more often.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
^Even though we don’t always see eye to eye, please do share your content on here.  I guarantee there’s an audience for it. 
SWOOSH

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
But seeing a couple of the comments on here I might rethink that a little bit and share the links a bit more often.

Adding user content helps us to learn about other members and what they enjoy. Sometimes we get new idea from others posts.   I have watched your videos and they are great, a good mix from other parks, thanks for your additions to SDCFans.