Author Topic: WHAT'S NEW on The Flooded Mine Full Ride? FULL RIDE! Silver Dollar City, Branson  (Read 9786 times)

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
WATCH HERE! https://youtu.be/KImZxy-hJWA

WHAT'S NEW on The Flooded Mine Full Ride? FULL RIDE! Silver Dollar City, Branson, Missouri

John and Amy take you into the depths of The Flooded Mine at Silver Dollar City! The ride got some nice upgrades and a fresh coat of paint. Watch as they give you a FULL RIDE, POV TOUR of The Flooded Mine at Silver Dollar City in beautiful Branson, Missouri!

#silverdollarcity #thefloodedmine #pov #travel #family #adventure #vlog #trips #vacation

Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
I think if you’re going to try to pass yourselves off as “experts” you need to do some actual research before pushing off major inaccuracies as facts.  For people who claim to have ridden the ride a zillionith times you sure come off clueless as to what is new.  Sad part is, you could have just cheated and visited my update first http://www.midwestinfoguide.com/2019/03/flooded-mine-sdc.html and gotten the info to use in your video which has an accurate list of things that are new. 

Also what you call playful banter is just coming off as annoying, but maybe I’m not your key demographic you’re catering to.  You’re going for the Playhouse Disney age group right?  That’s what it reminds me of because you’re definitely not trying to be an adult audience news outlet. 

« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 07:58:42 AM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
After thinking about it some, I’d suggest watching Midway Mayhem’s videos and modeling your videos more after his updates in Orlando.  He doesn’t feel the need to be the center of attention and does a great job of updating his audiences on new things in Orlando. 

Again think who you are wanting your audience to be.  Right now you’re treating your viewers like they’re idiots and/or small children. 
SWOOSH

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Hi!
Our goal is to have fun, which we are definitely doing and we'll keep doing! If you are looking for a super serious news source about Branson, you will have to look elsewhere. We are focused on family fun and inviting people along for the ride. In the Flooded Mine video, we had fun noticing some new things on the ride. We had a blast! No need for super serious expert analysis. You are right, that definitely isn't what we are going for. Our target audience is families with kiddos for sure. Since you know you don't prefer this style, that's totally cool. I'd encourage you to hunt for other channels you like better. That's the glory of YouTube. You can upload what you want and also search for what you prefer. No one channel is for everybody. You d be shocked at some of the YouTube channels that other people love that drive me crazy! Whatever works, though! Everyone has different preferences! We don't want to do it like all the others. We'd get bored pretty fast and so would the viewers. I always encourage people to be true to who they are. You do the same. Keep going strong with your site. I hope you have amazing success!
Have an blessed day!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Well when you do have “fun” let’s at least aim for accuracy - which was no where to be found on your “what’s new in the FM” video. 

SWOOSH

tinmann620

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
^What he said. I kept quiet all day. It was a long day.
RIP Chippewa Lake Park

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
For the sake of continuing this entertaining discussion, we'd love to know what inaccuracies you are seeing. We went in without any prior knowledge and simply noted what we noticed might be new.
That being said, you are cracking us up. You realize this is a fun ride on a boat, right?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Wow.  You are unbelievable. 
Just in case you’re as clueless as you’re playing here.  You got called out by the two people that probably know more about FM than anyone else on here.  If you need specifics pointed out, that there is proof enough that you had no business doing the video in the first place. 

If you’d like us to point out what’s new in person, I’m sure tinman and/or myself could make that happen
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
I think they just want to have fun making their videos, guys.  They want to go in fresh and just make some observations.  While they missed some things and maybe didn't hit the nail on this one, it doesn't mean they aren't fans.  If you want to give them some constructive criticism, I think they are open to that.  In fact, they'd probably enjoy meeting the two of you.  Please tone things down in the meantime, though.  No animals are being harmed in the making of their videos.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Blessings to you! This has been a fun conversation!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Blessings to you

Yes.  7 blessings to you.  For the night is dark and full of terrors
SWOOSH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
I enjoyed the video. I watched it knowing that the dialog was lighthearted and fun. Not an actual, factual , cited, documentary of the ride. Keep them coming - they're entertaining.

However, if Swoosh would do a video, I would expect it to be much different - I'd expect it to be spot on, with each detail described and dated.

Two completely different styles and both have a place and audience. This site tends to be your more purist and I'm even shy to share at times because I'm not quite sure if they had already been discussed or not. Like the picture of the warden speaking to the queue line.....that was new to me, but I didn't go last year, so not sure if it was a 2018 or 2019 addition.

I think it's cool that SDC's starting to get some video blogs.....keep them coming!!

Jay

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Thanks very much! We really appreciate that! We are developing a fun community of people who love travel, theme parks, Branson, etc. We really enjoy capturing all the fun!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
My attention span must be too short because your videos are usually way too long for me.  Aside from that, I think Swoosh should make his FM video and we shall compare. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
LOL, so I'm just now getting to this craziness. Calm the freak down Swoosh, no one cares and you're the one coming off as a snide idiot at this point.

It was a nice video. I appreciate getting a fresh look at FM since I haven't been able to get out there yet this year. I love seeing how much attention it has gotten. True, virtually everything called out as "new" isn't actually new, but it has all been given a lot of TLC so that it can certainly look new to someone who isn't a detail hound.

Sometimes I'll spot something I think is "new" at the city when it's actually been there for 50 years and I just never noticed. Something else gets moved and it just jumps out at you even though you've walked down that path for years.

Anyway, what we should all be celebrating is the return of the buzzsaw! I can't believe how many years they let that thing lie dormant! Thanks to everyone who has made the Flooded Mine look so good this year, it is much appreciated!