Author Topic: New Hotel/Motel to stay in?  (Read 4721 times)

marolinesdad

• Conductor
    • View Profile
New Hotel/Motel to stay in?
« on: March 31, 2019, 09:08:28 AM »
Ok.  We are heading to Branson next weekend.  Several of my friends have tried in the last 2weeks to get our prize from Classic and were told it is no longer available.   I called yesterday to make a reservation for next weekend and was told that they know nothing about a special price.  So with this being said I would like to know if anyone knows of any other inexpensive options.   Thanks for your time. 
“May there always be a Silver Dollar City.” – Paul Harvey

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: New Hotel/Motel to stay in?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 11:16:15 AM »
Go to google maps to Branson Mo., search hotels and type in your dates and several options will be given. Looks like you can get a Day's Inn for $43 a night and Castle Rock is listed at $53.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/hotels/@36.6478071,-93.2983095,13z/data=!4m6!2m5!5m3!5m2!1s2019-04-05!2i2!6e3

you might also check Airbnb there are whole condos listed for $74 bucks, Surrey Inn is listed on Airbnb for $49.00 night.

https://www.airbnb.com/s/Branson--MO--United-States/homes?adults=2&children=0&checkin=2019-04-05&checkout=2019-04-07&refinement_paths%5B%5D=%2Fhomes&allow_override%5B%5D=&s_tag=qMo7_XfQ

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 04:57:52 PM »
I cant tell you all how sorry I am that I have not been able to put together another motel.  I guess they just dont want our groups money..... >:(  I mean it is only 35-40,000 dollars annually..!! :o :o

It is really frustrating to me.

I did call today. talked to one of the morons there, made reservations for 3 weeks from now just because, and verified room rate..   
When He stuttered,  I told him it was the SDC discount and it should be 40.00 per night....  He jumped right in and said yes, thats right, 40 + tax..

I was very firm with him, and told him the rate.  he did agree..

I really do not know what to do at this point.. I am going to talk to Ozark just up the road next time in town..

Econo lodge has nice rooms, BUT they did not want to deal with us..  As well as I like the rooms at Willow Tree, BUT again, didnt want to deal with us, AND went through 4 General managers in about 5 months...

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »
We stayed at Ozark Valley Inn on Shepherd of the Hills last weekend for one night- the Friday night of the state archery tournament- and booked a room for $42 including tax.  I don't know what their regular rate it- I booked on hotels.com, but that sounds like it's right in the ballpark.

It's right next door to the Promised Land zoo and while it's older we really enjoyed the stay.  You couldn't ask for better for that price, honestly, and they did have a small breakfast as well; almost all gluten things- waffles, cereal, muffins, etc, so I had to take my wife out elsewhere, but still it was nice.  We had no complaints.

I've stayed in a few places in Branson where we paid more that weren't as nice.  It IS a cheap motel, but it was quiet, comfortable, a little older, but A/C and heat worked well and we had no complaints.  So maybe something to look at.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:56:24 PM »
I personally do not care if it an older motel as long as it is clean and bed bug free.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »
I booked our stay at Classic for May29-June11 and got the SDC rate of $40.00 a night. Told him that was the price he quoted  before we left last Novenber. He said no problem and we got the room we wanted.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2019, 07:40:50 AM »
I booked our stay at Classic for May29-June11 and got the SDC rate of $40.00 a night. Told him that was the price he quoted  before we left last Novenber. He said no problem and we got the room we wanted.

Good to hear cheese,  it almost seems that you can tell them the price and they agree.. :(.   

Too bad they dont know how to run a business >:(

Will miss you that trip, we will be there memorial day weekend, but leave on monday.   

Safe travels,  have a good trip...  cya next time.

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2019, 08:40:47 AM »
Twelve Oaks Inn is an older motel with great rates. I have been staying there for years, and it is typically cleaner than a pen. You can generally get rooms for around $50 per night.

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2019, 01:20:54 PM »
Sanddune... This has been a rough Winter for Bob...2 operations and maybe another coming after our SDC vusit. We have to weave our stays between doctor stuff. We are hoping to be back to Branson later Sept or early October.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2019, 08:52:38 AM »
I cant tell you all how sorry I am that I have not been able to put together another motel.

Man, don't be sorry.  You are already going above and beyond; that the business aren't cooperating isn't your fault.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2019, 01:25:31 PM »
Sanddune... This has been a rough Winter for Bob...2 operations and maybe another coming after our SDC vusit. We have to weave our stays between doctor stuff. We are hoping to be back to Branson later Sept or early October.

Im sorry to hear that..  You really should take it easy on him... ,  We are getting older..  LOL...  give him my regards, hope to see you in the fall..