Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.  (Read 12491 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2019, 02:35:13 PM »
Do we have any hard data on the amount of revenue our little group brings to one of those hotels on an annual basis?  Even the $42 rate seems like a great deal to each individual but I would think when you multiply that over all of our members that take advantage of it, it would add up to quite a sum over the year.

In past years our "little" group has stayed up to and over 700 nights in a year, which of course would indicate over 28,000.00 dollars a year..  and then if you add in your friends you send, or my friends, or Mhguy's friends and so on. The room count could easily exceed the 900-1000 rooms a night. 35-40,000.00 a year in potential "income/Earnings". 
quite a number, considering all the motel has to do is take care of us..  LOL.  we do all the advertising and so on for them.
Thus my frustration when trying to pick another motel for us. Of course we have our "needs" also..  BUT for that kind of money.......  Pretty simple deal to me..

Thankfully I finally was able to talk to Ozark, and they agreed to work with us, They are very happy we are coming their way, and the meet our "qualifications"...

This is quite a bit of revenue for sure. But, I have to wonder at 40 bucks a night if any real money was actually made ? If you add up all costs of a room, supplies, manpower, electricity, towels, marketing I doubt the owners are making a killing off a cheap rate. More likely they are just turning dollars over. I would gladly pay a extra 5 or 10 if it would help a local business stay a local business.  Motel rates are stagnant and probably why most places do not upgrade their facilities or cut services to survive.
I tend to stay in condos when I go so I do not take advantage of it anyway. Just asking the question or starting a conversation.
Whatever , The hard work you put into it is appreciated.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2019, 07:31:29 PM »
Unless it is a busy weekend or something and the whole town is booked, the rooms we book on our special rate would most likely go unsold anyway so our $42 is better than $0

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2019, 07:43:46 PM »

This is quite a bit of revenue for sure. But, I have to wonder at 40 bucks a night if any real money was actually made ? If you add up all costs of a room, supplies, manpower, electricity, towels, marketing I doubt the owners are making a killing off a cheap rate. More likely they are just turning dollars over. I would gladly pay a extra 5 or 10 if it would help a local business stay a local business.  Motel rates are stagnant and probably why most places do not upgrade their facilities or cut services to survive.
I tend to stay in condos when I go so I do not take advantage of it anyway. Just asking the question or starting a conversation.
Whatever , The hard work you put into it is appreciated.
[/quote]

I was told a long time ago by a motel manager...  The MOST expensive rooms.... are the "Empty" rooms..,

Likewise at the shows in town,  Most expensive seats.... are the empty ones..