General Category > Branson Talk

Branson Losing its Attraction to Younger Generations

(1/6) > >>

johnburton:
What do you think?
Here's the text from an article. Link below.

BRANSON, Mo - The number one reason people love Branson are the shows, but Branson's Chamber of Commerce says new research shows it's getting harder to impress millennials.

Despite 2018 having the second highest number of visitors, with 2016 being number one, fewer millennials are visiting the family-friendly destination. A majority of visitors are still looking for discounts.

Gray Lawry with the Miles Partnership Marketing Agency says they really want to watch how the economy changes and if consumer confidence is going to maintain at the rates it previously has.

The city is looking to social media and digital marketing to try to target new demographics it hasn't in the past.

https://www.nwahomepage.com/news/branson-losing-its-attraction-to-younger-generations/1880390163

sirwillow:
Sure seems like a lot of what has been added the last few years should be appealing directly to that generation.  Maybe they need to rethink how they are marketing and advertising a bit?

palallin:
Here's an idea:  remove the stage from all venues.  Issue "devices" as people walk into the auditoriums.  Deliver the show on the tiny little screens.  Collect the "devices" as they leave.

Millennials will love it!

sanddunerider:

--- Quote from: palallin on March 27, 2019, 11:55:10 AM ---Here's an idea:  remove the stage from all venues.  Issue "devices" as people walk into the auditoriums.  Deliver the show on the tiny little screens.  Collect the "devices" as they leave.

Millennials will love it!

--- End quote ---

If that happened.......,

There would be no reason for me to go to Branson! >:( Me and thousands of "non-millenials" would stay home or find someplace else to go))...

There would be fewer trips to SDC for sure also.
..   ,

Swoosh:
Try bringing in names that people have heard of.  Most of the permanent shows have headliners that Millennials could not care less about.  The show might be good, but that doesn’t change the fact that they don’t know/care who they are.  I’ve long said they need a Broadway theatre that brings in shows each month.  They need a place that can house big name concerts.  Etc. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version