Author Topic: SDC Ride Timeline review  (Read 4872 times)

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
SDC Ride Timeline review
« on: March 23, 2019, 10:10:04 AM »
Branson Tri-Lakes just published an article (free reading)  about the removal of the Lost River. The article also has a timeline of the rides at SDC plus mentions some that have come and gone such as BuzzSaw Falls.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_ec581ee2-4a75-11e9-b7b6-3fe61bad9d43.html

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: SDC Ride Timeline review
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2019, 11:52:50 AM »
Great article.  But I have to admit that I am very impressed with this bit mentioned in the article:

Silver Dollar City unveiled the Grand Exposition expansion in 2006 at a cost of $8. In what was the park’s biggest expansion for kids, the Grand Exposition features 10 family rides of all shapes and sizes.

They only spent $8 on all of Grand Expo!!  That's incredible!  I'd spend that to put it in my backyard as well.  :-P

Gotta love when editors miss obvious mistakes like that.  hehe
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2019, 02:43:31 PM »
Great article.  But I have to admit that I am very impressed with this bit mentioned in the article:

Silver Dollar City unveiled the Grand Exposition expansion in 2006 at a cost of $8. In what was the park’s biggest expansion for kids, the Grand Exposition features 10 family rides of all shapes and sizes.

They only spent $8 on all of Grand Expo!!  That's incredible!  I'd spend that to put it in my backyard as well.  :-P

"And two bits!"
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2019, 02:49:27 PM »
Branson Tri-Lakes just published an article (free reading)  about the removal of the Lost River. The article also has a timeline of the rides at SDC plus mentions some that have come and gone such as BuzzSaw Falls.

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_ec581ee2-4a75-11e9-b7b6-3fe61bad9d43.html

Who in the world would compare the Diving Bell with Disney's 20,000 Leagues???  Only someone who doesn't know anything about the Diving Bell!   :o :P
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »

Who in the world would compare the Diving Bell with Disney's 20,000 Leagues???  Only someone who doesn't know anything about the Diving Bell!   :o :P

That caused me to read the article.   ;D

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 06:52:29 PM »

Yes, so imagine what all different variety of things they could have added with the price tag of TT, not that TT is not nice but....

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »

Did Celebration City contribute to the Grand Exposition?  Rides I mean?