Author Topic: Fill the seats  (Read 1656 times)

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Fill the seats
« on: March 22, 2019, 12:24:33 PM »
Why don’t they fill every seat on rides?  When I was a kid, they’d ask for people to fill seats and run them completely full. But today, on a day where there will be over 15,000 people (possibly closer to 20,000 if it’s like yesterday), I’m seeing a total of 12 people on one round of the balloons. I’m seeing empty seats on every ride and it’s frustrating! 

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Fill the seats
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2019, 04:37:19 PM »
I wish I had a good answer for you, but I don't. 

Many of the ops are new at the job and still working at learning everything, so for some it's going to be good that they're running the rides consistently.  Not a good excuse by any means, but a realistic one.  That affects how fast they load, check restraints, etc, and that they will speed up on as they get more comfortable in their jobs.

At that point then they will start pushing more for capacity and getting more people in.  Right now in many places the focus is more on run it safely and according to procedures, but they will very soon start pushing the numbers on the ride as well.  At least they should.

I noticed that it seemed like they were short on running trains on a couple of the coasters as well. I didn't look close as I wasn't planning on riding anything today in the couple of hours I was there.  But it was certainly busy, so hope they get working on getting those rider numbers and ride vehicles up soon.  Tomorrow is going to be nuts.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.