Author Topic: Plans for Ride the Ducks Location  (Read 6775 times)

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Plans for Ride the Ducks Location
« on: March 20, 2019, 10:02:11 PM »
This was posted before their announcement tomorrow.

http://bransontopops.com/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Plans for Ride the Ducks Location
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:12:16 PM »
Yep!  thats just what Branson needs... 

More games. :-\

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 11:18:22 PM »
Seems like an obvious move. People have been saying Branson needs to become less about the shows and more about family attractions.
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »

And butt ugly too. Another Albatross on the landscape.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 07:28:48 AM »
Seems like an obvious move. People have been saying Branson needs to become less about the shows and more about family attractions.

Not sure what people your talking to...

A Recent Poll indicates that Shows are 51% of why people come to town..

In Fact "attractions", go carts, ferris wheel, golf, museum and the rest of it didnt even make it in the top 3 reasons people come to Branson.

Of course that is just a Poll.  I dont know the group that was asked, and how many there were in group..

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2019, 09:10:31 AM »
I have not been following the news.  I assume this announcement means that the Ducks are Dead.  Can anybody point me to some info about what has transpired since last year?

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2019, 09:38:52 AM »
I have not been following the news.  I assume this announcement means that the Ducks are Dead.  Can anybody point me to some info about what has transpired since last year?
Besides a couple of the lawsuits being settled and most of them still pending, nothing.  But I'm sure they've come to the realization that they have no real chance of being able to reopen.  If the financial costs of the settlements don't completely sink them and put them under, then the pretty much destroyed public image will.  Who is going to want to take a ride on them with the thoughts of what happened in the back of their mind?  As much as we loved them, it would be very difficult.  I can't imagine that anyone from out of town would.

This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 09:42:08 AM »

And butt ugly too. Another Albatross on the landscape.

Yeah, the illustration is gaudy.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:26 AM »

Not sure what people your talking to...

A Recent Poll indicates that Shows are 51% of why people come to town..

In Fact "attractions", go carts, ferris wheel, golf, museum and the rest of it didnt even make it in the top 3 reasons people come to Branson.

Because of the YouTube channel, I actually get a decent number of people who contact me about coming to Branson.  Messages usually read something like, "We're going these dates and spending a day at SDC and seeing X (and maybe Y) show.  What else is there to do around Branson?  We'd like to check out and do some other things besides just the park and shows."

It's actually pretty surprising how often I get asked something along those lines.  So while they might not be the main "pull" to town, people are actually very interested in the other options and attractions to fill out their trips, especially families.  The shows have long been the draw of seniors, and the proportion of those to families visiting has been steadily dropping. That's why you're seeing a lot of the theaters struggle and some close up, while all of the other attractions keep popping up.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2019, 11:34:03 AM »
We own a business in town and non-stop we hear people asking what there is to do other than shows. Many aren't interested in the shows at all, but are very interested in new attractions. The Stampede is extremely popular as is Sight and Sound and a few other shows. But, families are looking for Ziplines, hiking, stuff like Fritz's, Wonderworks, the new aquarium, sky coasters, mountain coasters, etc. Of course SDC is often top on people's list. They also are being drawn to nice resorts like Big Cedar and spending much of their time there as opposed to shows and other stuff.
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 12:42:49 PM »
Besides a couple of the lawsuits being settled and most of them still pending, nothing.  But I'm sure they've come to the realization that they have no real chance of being able to reopen.  If the financial costs of the settlements don't completely sink them and put them under, then the pretty much destroyed public image will.  Who is going to want to take a ride on them with the thoughts of what happened in the back of their mind?  As much as we loved them, it would be very difficult.  I can't imagine that anyone from out of town would.

What a pity.

I wonder what will happen to the militaria.  In addition to the whole vehicles up on the hill, there was some really nice small stuff.  Auction block, I guess.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 01:22:34 PM »
We own a business in town and non-stop we hear people asking what there is to do other than shows. Many aren't interested in the shows at all, but are very interested in new attractions. The Stampede is extremely popular as is Sight and Sound and a few other shows. But, families are looking for Ziplines, hiking, stuff like Fritz's, Wonderworks, the new aquarium, sky coasters, mountain coasters, etc. Of course SDC is often top on people's list. They also are being drawn to nice resorts like Big Cedar and spending much of their time there as opposed to shows and other stuff.

You are right about being drawn to nice resorts such as Big Cedar.  It is always crowded at the restaurants, bars, and coffee house there - I mean every time we go; no matter what time of day.  It always surprises me to see the number of families there.  Buzzard Bar has families with kids in there at 10:00 at night.  I haven't been to the new fun house or climbing structure but a friend has, and says there were a lot of people in there doing bumper boats, video games, bowling.  Our friend went in there in the evening with his daughter for a late dinner because they couldn't get into Buzzard Bar for pizza.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2019, 05:50:39 PM »
HFE sure dodged a huge bullet.  IIRC last year was the first year it was opened after they got rid of it.  It seems I have heard something that they might still be on the hook somewhat.

coasterdad

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 06:24:52 PM »

[/quote]

I think about this every time I ride the new Texas giant @SFOT, But I still ride it. As a matter of fact I will be there Sunday and thanks to budgeting(and season passes) I am able to afford flash passes. so I hope to get in at least 5 rides

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2019, 05:48:23 PM »

What a pity.

I wonder what will happen to the militaria.  In addition to the whole vehicles up on the hill, there was some really nice small stuff.  Auction block, I guess.

What if they left all that where it is and keep that part of the tour the same. The Lake part really was small with the most exciting part being the "splashdown." So replace the lake part with an "action" section where the ducks had multiple splash downs in some ponds, creeks, etc.. Build some "off road" type obstacles, bunny hills, mud pits, etc.

The real attraction to this was the "captains" and their interaction with the people. - so keep a form of this attraction with this new militia patriotic theme; repaint the ducks in various Red, White and Blue schemes; add a more exciting "off road section with multiple splash downs in shallow ponds and streams" and you have a new "safer" attraction.

Jay