Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 163543 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #495 on: December 27, 2019, 10:24:20 PM »
Budgeted 14000
Final 23538
Friday December 27
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 28, 2019, 06:22:48 PM »
Budgeted 18500
5pm 5000
Saturday December 28
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 28, 2019, 08:44:50 PM »
rains and bad storms.....

sat at 8pm,   6,047,,,   

good thing the last couple of days were good numbers..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 29, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »
Budgeted: 11000
Final: 21507
Sunday December 29
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 10:20:47 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 30, 2019, 09:50:02 AM »
Not a pleasant time to be out there.

You got THAT right!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 30, 2019, 11:29:14 PM »
Budgeted: 7500
Final: 13172
Monday December 30
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 01, 2020, 01:23:33 AM »
Final: 5251
Tuesday Dec 31
SWOOSH

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 01, 2020, 07:58:30 AM »
It is antidotal but all that I have talked to that went during Christmas this year had negative things to say about it. Things like traffic being a nightmare to it just being too crowded. I fear locals like those in NWA will.start to turn away if the infrastructure  getting to the park and the park itself doesn't improve. In fact I had this same conversion with a mother of my daughter's friend that dropped her off for a smallish teen celebration at the house last night.She saw pics of us at SDC and volunteered that she hadn't renewed her season tickets and went on to describe the traffic when she went last week. A mother of 5, that is a lot of season tickets. I will say she thinks it is the best park in America even over Disneyworld. She is a Naples Florida native.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 08:03:43 AM by chittlins »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 01, 2020, 08:39:18 AM »
Good thing it’s not a “local hangout park” then.  The numbers keep coming in each year and even though NWA people might be whining now, they’ll be back.  It’s tradition to go and even though they whine, it just wouldn’t be Christmas or whatever without going

Take Disney for example.  They keep raising prices and the crowd keeps coming.  SDC is the same way.  Dollywood too
SWOOSH

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 01, 2020, 10:08:45 AM »
Happy new year everyone!  This may not be allowed to be answered but how far in advance do they "budget" a day's attendance?   They seem to estimate way low on some days that I would have thought would be budgeted higher.  The week after Christmas seems an extremely popular time to visit.  I know they can't guess the weather accurately far in advance (for that matter neither can the National Weather Service) but it looks like they could guess a best case scenario as far as the weather is concerned (ie larger crowds).
I'm Your Huckleberry

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 01, 2020, 10:47:56 AM »
Happy new year everyone!  This may not be allowed to be answered but how far in advance do they "budget" a day's attendance?   They seem to estimate way low on some days that I would have thought would be budgeted higher.  The week after Christmas seems an extremely popular time to visit.  I know they can't guess the weather accurately far in advance (for that matter neither can the National Weather Service) but it looks like they could guess a best case scenario as far as the weather is concerned (ie larger crowds).

I have posed this question a few times and the best answer I could get is that they do it based off the previous year(s) and that weather is not taken into account. This seems like a VERY poor way to budget and it seems to burn them more than not as it seems that they are often understaffed on the outrageous days...

I've brought up that they should look at things from an engineered or scientific standpoint as this sort of problem is an ideal fit for an industrial or manufacturing engineering standpoint. Just like scheduling shows and placing rides/food stands/etc. should be analyzed. I know this is how the larger parks such as Disney do things... SDC just seems behind on the times on this and I believe their refusal to look at it from this standpoint leads to most of the complaints about the infrastructure problems both with vehicle traffic and parking as well as just general moving through the park issues... I mean, for example, the twisted potato stand near the entrance to Echo Hollow is a clusterf#% as the line blocks egress in all directions. Just putting in a small line queue that forces people into rather than let them line up in a straight line would solve so many issues... It is things like this that SDC is just REALLY bad at... But I don't see them "getting" it although I have seen improvements in some areas where they are enforcing crowd traffic to one side so that it just isn't a mess... But yet they refuse to address the trainwreck that is just past the gates to get in where the stroller and cart area is... people walk in and stop to gather their group and it is just one of the most frustrating sections of the park for me... An industrial engineer would open that area up and move the carts... that area would make more sense near the group relations part...

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 01, 2020, 03:29:09 PM »
But yet they refuse to address the trainwreck that is just past the gates to get in where the stroller and cart area is... people walk in and stop to gather their group and it is just one of the most frustrating sections of the park for me... An industrial engineer would open that area up and move the carts... that area would make more sense near the group relations part...

I think they need to move the bag check and security to the courtyard entrance - so basically from the waterwheel over to the OMP.  Next move the turn styles to the elbow curve - so from the water clock to the wall that separates that courtyard from employee parking.

Next move customer service to where the self serve ticket kiosks are right now.  So enclose that area and then people can take care of that before going through security.  Then move the rental area to the former customer service building.  Move the photo area that is in OMP to where the rental building was - that then opens more floor space for OMP -- also move the trailblazer/show lovers to the old rental building and then remove that building and expand the walkway (as much as you can - considering the cave) to get a wider walkway.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 01, 2020, 03:31:39 PM »
Final: 5554
January 1. 2020
« Last Edit: January 01, 2020, 09:30:52 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 01, 2020, 06:35:57 PM »
Last day of the season.,,,,  First day of the year,,

7500 expected to show up...

as of 6pm..  5451 people..     

About 11000 people the last 2 days..

Now we just have to wait for updated pics from SDC and/or March!!

Keep warm!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 01, 2020, 09:31:22 PM »
Ok Sand. Season is over.  Lock the thread
SWOOSH