Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161406 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #375 on: October 14, 2019, 08:07:49 AM »
Sunday - perfect weather - 20,300 people.. 

Thats a great number for the weekend, I am sure the PTB are thrilled with the weekend.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 15, 2019, 12:46:21 PM »
Terry Sanders reported 26,378 people at the park on Saturday.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 15, 2019, 03:07:57 PM »
Terry Sanders reported 26,378 people at the park on Saturday.

Yes, thats right..  Huge day!

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 16, 2019, 10:00:47 AM »
During the Christmas season, the crowds are all crammed into the park to see the lights at night.

During the Harvest Festival, is it crowded all day (on the busy days) or is there a group that comes during the day for the Craft Days followed by a group that comes later in the day for the Pumpkin Nights?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 16, 2019, 10:34:46 AM »
During the Christmas season, the crowds are all crammed into the park to see the lights at night.

During the Harvest Festival, is it crowded all day (on the busy days) or is there a group that comes during the day for the Craft Days followed by a group that comes later in the day for the Pumpkin Nights?

i dont know if that is how it worked this year,  but I am sure thats what the PTB want to happen. 

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 17, 2019, 09:57:06 PM »

We were there the first Saturday/Sunday of this month.  Saturday's crowd was very light until about 1pm then it started getting crowded.  It got really crowded closer to dark and when we left close to 8 there were still people coming in the turnstiles.  So I'd say yes there is definitely a crowd coming just for Pumpkin Nights
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 19, 2019, 07:45:44 AM »
Friday - 24,300 people!!  WOW!!,       

they were expecting 9,000, BUSY DAY!!! or maybe BUSY EVENING!!! 

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 19, 2019, 08:34:30 AM »
I went yesterday for about an hour and a half about 3PM and it was miserably crowded. I normally go on Fridays during the day as it is usually empty. I left before I yelled at someone because it was just filled with idiots... The drive from Springfield was just as bad with cars in the fast lane that had no business being in the fast lane and long lines of cars not close enough to pass in a group so I was passing a single car at a time on the right... Sadly, SDC does not sell liquor because I needed a drink by the time I got there and several more for dealing with the crowd...

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 19, 2019, 08:57:11 AM »
I went yesterday for about an hour and a half about 3PM and it was miserably crowded. I normally go on Fridays during the day as it is usually empty. I left before I yelled at someone because it was just filled with idiots... The drive from Springfield was just as bad with cars in the fast lane that had no business being in the fast lane and long lines of cars not close enough to pass in a group so I was passing a single car at a time on the right... Sadly, SDC does not sell liquor because I needed a drink by the time I got there and several more for dealing with the crowd...

Harvest Crafts VS Pumpkin Nights!  = Pumpkin Nights is the victor

pintrader

« Reply #384 on: October 19, 2019, 09:52:00 AM »
Attendance of 26,378 and 20,300 last weekend, and 24,300 yesterday is pretty crazy numbers.   With numbers like this they probably are looking at a record attendance year again.   Lets see....next year new Mystic River Falls and probably expansion of Pumpkin Nights with ever expanding Christmas season.   Sounds like our  peaceful, quiet and relaxing 1880's town is going to need some serious infrastructure work.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 19, 2019, 10:35:03 AM »

Harvest Crafts VS Pumpkin Nights!  = Pumpkin Nights is the victor

Aftraid you might be right about that.. , that has to be a record friday attendance..

And I feel a change in the "Force"   :'( :-\

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 19, 2019, 11:13:04 AM »
Maybe next year they'll extend the length of this fest... I got an e-mail yesterday from SDC reminding people that there are only 6 days left for Craft Days/Pumpkin Nights, and it kinda shocked me 'cause it feels as if this fest only just started. Maybe if they extend it next year, the crowds will spread out just enough to be comfortable each day.

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 19, 2019, 01:20:47 PM »
At least they're making enough money to do a bigger longer fire in the hole, fix the thunderation bump, restore the plunge to it's full glory, do the 3D Diving Bell, put in a western themed steakhouse, etc  :D
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 19, 2019, 02:33:18 PM »
At least they're making enough money to do a bigger longer fire in the hole, fix the thunderation bump, restore the plunge to it's full glory, do the 3D Diving Bell, put in a western themed steakhouse, etc  :D

LOL!!  You been hanging out at the saloon again>>>>???

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 19, 2019, 03:05:58 PM »
^ Yes, the Wishful Thinking Saloon- Where the Glass is Always Half-Full"!  (Maybe the PTB are looking at this and saying "Hey Duelist is right- we can do that stuff now! What an insightful guy!"  ;)
I'm Your Huckleberry