Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161361 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #360 on: October 09, 2019, 09:24:17 PM »
It was crowded today!  Talked with a few favorite employees who said attendance was already at 10,000 by morning, and they weren't expecting that many.  It got more crowded toward 5:00. I got there about 2:30, and walked to the main square about 3. It was full, there was a line to get into Echo Hollow shortly after 4:00, and the Pumpkin area was full.  Lots of bubbles and blinky toys everywhere! The lighted pumpkin path was uncomfortably full, so we walked through quickly.  Hubs and I both noticed there were more pumpkins and lights than when we were there opening day.  We're pretty sure the Pumpkin Fest sign was not over the arch by Echo Hollow opening day, either.  It looks nice. It was a quick walk through to get away from acv's, strollers, and running kids.  We had a great day. Exiting at 8:00 with a crowd presented the usual problems - a log jam of people and several employees trying to separate the groups into walkers and tram riders.   

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #361 on: October 09, 2019, 10:03:59 PM »
^today?
They budgeted for 6000 and final count was 8015
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 09, 2019, 10:48:17 PM »
We're pretty sure the Pumpkin Fest sign was not over the arch by Echo Hollow opening day, either.  It looks nice.

It was there opening day. The only thing that we’ve noticed that they have added is more lights along the path between the pizza place and the new bbq rib place. It was way too dark in that area opening night. Noticed the added lighting there that Friday.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 10, 2019, 10:45:50 PM »
We're pretty sure the Pumpkin Fest sign was not over the arch by Echo Hollow opening day, either.  It looks nice.

It was there opening day. The only thing that we’ve noticed that they have added is more lights along the path between the pizza place and the new bbq rib place. It was way too dark in that area opening night. Noticed the added lighting there that Friday.

We came from that direction, so that's probably why I thought I was seeing more lights.  ;D  It was early when we walked in opening night; hubs thought maybe the sign was not lit as we walked in, thus not noticing it. 

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 11, 2019, 10:38:57 AM »
Next week 17th, 18th, and 19th should be a packed week for SDC. Oklahoma schools are out for fall break and we always flock to Branson. We are planning to make it up Wednesday to hit the park (hoping this day is less busy than the others)...then hit it Thursday morning too.

Hoping for good weather........looking good so far with highs in low 70's.

Jay

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 11, 2019, 02:07:00 PM »
Next week 17th, 18th, and 19th should be a packed week for SDC. Oklahoma schools are out for fall break and we always flock to Branson. We are planning to make it up Wednesday to hit the park (hoping this day is less busy than the others)...then hit it Thursday morning too.

Hoping for good weather........looking good so far with highs in low 70's.

Jay

Wed should be a good day. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 12, 2019, 07:13:19 AM »
friday - 7100

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 13, 2019, 01:54:47 PM »
SATURDAY  ---   26, 327 people..!!!    :o :o :o

WOW!!!

Who was there?

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 13, 2019, 02:58:52 PM »
^ A lot of people- LOL!  I'd say Pumpkin Nights is a success.
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 13, 2019, 07:29:10 PM »
^ A lot of people- LOL!  I'd say Pumpkin Nights is a success.

I saw this on another site, about yesterdays crowd.... 

""As a "heads up"...went to SDC at 4:30 this afternoon...could NOT get into the park...all parking lots were full, and they put a sign out saying "Come Back AFTER 6:30 pm"."""

Anybody else have any stories from the busiest day of the year so far??

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 13, 2019, 07:31:24 PM »
We were there this afternoon and it was packed. Got to the park around 3:30 and parked out in Lot 7 which was nearly full by the time we got there. Nice to see PN is bringing in the crowds. We left around 6 and people were still flowing in.

Side note: we saw the Christmas tree in the storage area off 76. Very easy to see as it is not very far off the highway at all.

mbrownx4

• McCoy
  • When can I go back?
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 13, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »
I was there Saturday until 5 ish.  Very, very busy, lines for everything, everywhere.  The busiest I had ever seen.
Vote to end 2020!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2019, 10:07:36 PM »
Hence why I never go on a nice day on a Saturday. lol That's incredible to get Christmas numbers for the fall festival. This likely means Pumpkin Nights is here to stay and will also likely be expanded.

dc_mpa

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2019, 10:33:44 PM »
Was told by many employees today that yesterday (Saturday) was 24,000 in the park. Rides were 45 min average for the main rides.

Today was 15-20 min wait.

First time in 36 years I walked out of that park disappointed. They only had 35 vendors at the harvest festival this year compared to 130 previous years. Come 5:45, we were pushed out of shops and pushed into the pumpkin area where it felt like Times Square in NYC of people.

They’ve ruined the harvest festival and will get a lengthy letter from me on this one. Sad that we had many employees tell us who to contact and asked us to voice our concerns because they too didn’t care for the changes this year.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 14, 2019, 01:18:44 AM »
I'm wondering if Dollywood is managing to grab more of the craftsmen than SDC? I know last year when my friends and I were at DW for Halloween, there were a fair amount of craftsmen there and at least one was from Missouri, which surprised me because I would've expected that person to be at SDC 'cause it'd be closer. So I'm wondering if Dollywood is offering more money/time/etc. to craftspeople and therefore are getting them all, which leaves SDC a bit short since both parks have their crafts festivals at the same time.