Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161419 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #345 on: September 28, 2019, 05:50:27 PM »
Another good strong day so far.. warm 80 degrees and no rain in sight...

As of 5 pm,  12,300 people.. and still coming in the gate,!!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 28, 2019, 11:16:31 PM »
Finally a Decent day for the PTB,.,  I am sure they are thrilled with today group..

16,300 people.     

Over 4,000 came in after 5 in the evening.. 

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #347 on: September 29, 2019, 10:52:30 AM »
I think it's safe to say that the pumpkin nights will be greatly expanded next year, both in terms of scale and the length. I'll bet they start by mid-September at the latest. Keep in mind Disneyworld was already doing a trick-or-treat even in mid August when I was there.

Glad that they are getting some decent numbers again. This season looks like it has largely been a wash, but at least they always finish out strong. Hopefully next year will be much stronger.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 29, 2019, 04:43:03 PM »
I think it's safe to say that the pumpkin nights will be greatly expanded next year, both in terms of scale and the length. I'll bet they start by mid-September at the latest. Keep in mind Disneyworld was already doing a trick-or-treat even in mid August when I was there.

Glad that they are getting some decent numbers again. This season looks like it has largely been a wash, but at least they always finish out strong. Hopefully next year will be much stronger.

I agree for sure, next year i would expect it to expand both in displays and goodies, as well as start earlier in the season..

I just hope, I really hope they put a little more emphasis on more crafters..
If they loose or do away with the crafter/craft season they will lose a whole demographic of people..
I for one, If there are no Crafts, and as previously mentioned they have done away with the "cowboy Festival", there would be no reason for me to visit in the fall.   After all The Fall Festival was a big deal, but apparantly it is going to the wayside, or in fact already gone :'(.. too bad.

Unless the PTB think by getting the kids in for the Pumpkin Nights Event, they will maybe not get more people, But in fact more poeple (kids and family) that will spend money on site for food and such..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 30, 2019, 06:20:52 AM »
Sunday - 9600 people,  good number for a sunday

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 03, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
wed - 4900 people

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2019, 08:18:42 AM »
My family will not attend the Pumpkin Nights deal. We love fall and pumpkins and all things of that nature. But we dont go to SDC for 20.00 bubble wands and to listen to hip cool dance music. It is just not us. I hope they do not get rid of the craft portion, its my fave.

Its great they are trying to draw in the youths. I think its great more memories are being made for others. Shoot when I was a youth they had Nickelodeon there during Kids Fest and that was amazing!! (NOT on brand, much like dance parties at PN) So I get it. They drew me in with shiny cool things. I am a life long visitor now because of the memories I made then.

Maybe next year they will expand the PN to include something besides black lights and dance parties?

I still love the craft/cowboy part better though. :)

woodgrain

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 03, 2019, 09:39:25 AM »
My family will not attend the Pumpkin Nights deal. We love fall and pumpkins and all things of that nature. But we dont go to SDC for 20.00 bubble wands and to listen to hip cool dance music. It is just not us. I hope they do not get rid of the craft portion, its my fave.

Its great they are trying to draw in the youths. I think its great more memories are being made for others. Shoot when I was a youth they had Nickelodeon there during Kids Fest and that was amazing!! (NOT on brand, much like dance parties at PN) So I get it. They drew me in with shiny cool things. I am a life long visitor now because of the memories I made then.

Maybe next year they will expand the PN to include something besides black lights and dance parties?

I totally understand where you're coming from, but I would still say it's worth checking out. There's definitely a charm to everything that they've put together for this festival. Great attention to detail and fun atmosphere. The dance party is fairly well sequestered in the back of the park. It is definitely not at the center of everything and can be completely skipped if desired. I don't really remember being able to hear it much beyond that area. There are pumpkin figures at each of the shops along the way that mimic the art/craft at each shop (e.g. a blacksmith pumpkin and a glass blower pumpkin, etc.). Plus it's finally getting cooler and there's just something about being at SDC in the fall. All that to say, consider giving it a shot!

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 03, 2019, 02:55:07 PM »

This post is obviously overdramatic
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 02:00:18 PM by chittlins »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 04, 2019, 07:21:59 AM »
thursday,  6470 today

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2019, 11:32:06 AM »
I will be heading up this afternoon.  Will probably get there around 3-4pm and stay until dark.  I am assuming it being a Friday night it will be busier later in the day.  We will then get there at opening tomorrow and stay until it gets too busy then head back home.  On a Saturday with the evening hours, are the crowds usually light early in the day and it shifts to later in the day so people can do the pumpkin nights stuff?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2019, 03:29:42 PM »
I will be heading up this afternoon.  Will probably get there around 3-4pm and stay until dark.  I am assuming it being a Friday night it will be busier later in the day.  We will then get there at opening tomorrow and stay until it gets too busy then head back home.  On a Saturday with the evening hours, are the crowds usually light early in the day and it shifts to later in the day so people can do the pumpkin nights stuff?

Should be a good day today,,,

last sat they had 12,000 at 5 in the afternoon,  ended up at 16..    so probably will start off slow.. hope you have a good visit.!!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2019, 11:08:05 PM »
Shoot when I was a youth they had Nickelodeon there during Kids Fest and that was amazing!!
When I was a youth they had the Beverly Hillbillies there. ;)

I also prefer the crafts and such. But if I lived nearby, I would go for this and the other festivals (all the while grumbling about "NOT IN MISS MARY'S TIME!", because I'm old coot and entitled.)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2019, 11:09:41 PM »
18200 today.  It was packed.  It felt like Christmas crowds in the bottleneck areas. 
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2019, 04:41:33 PM »
Can you say RAIN!!!????

Sunday 2000 people..