Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161383 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2019, 05:44:04 PM »
I was there Sat. early evening; really just for the Echo Hollow concert.  It was finally "mostly" full by the time it started, easy parking up close, and didn't appear crowded at all from Main St. to Echo (the only place I went).  But, the lake was busy, busy!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 13, 2019, 07:15:01 AM »
Thursday the 12th..  only 2900 people.... :-\

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 13, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

Maybe Country Music Days aren't a big draw. We usually go in September but we really didn't want to go to any of the Saturday night concerts and didn't consider the daily entertainment to be a reason to visit, either, since we usually go to SDC on Thursday or Friday.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 13, 2019, 02:58:16 PM »

Maybe Country Music Days aren't a big draw. We usually go in September but we really didn't want to go to any of the Saturday night concerts and didn't consider the daily entertainment to be a reason to visit, either, since we usually go to SDC on Thursday or Friday.

Maybe, maybe not.. I know this year they are using several of the local Branson musicians at the park..   Maybe the names just arent big enough to draw people in,  maybe its just too early to tell..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #304 on: September 13, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »

We were out there for about 3 hours Thursday.  That was as empty as I've seen the park in a long time.  We literally walked onto Time Traveler, which only had a half full train.  Only did it once as we would have had to walk all the way around and that's a long walk with all those stairs.  lol

Only places that really had any people were the shows.  Saloon was full, as well as the Pickers and the Dockside theater had a decent size crowd.  But everything else was just empty.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #305 on: September 13, 2019, 08:06:02 PM »
I was there yesterday too. It was great. lol

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 14, 2019, 09:11:17 PM »
Saturday a little better day,   14,295 people..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 15, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »
sunday - 6400 people..  fair for sunday

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 18, 2019, 08:35:58 PM »
4200 people today, wednesday

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2019, 06:51:08 AM »
Last thursday   9-13   2900 people

this thursdy 9-20        2700 people

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2019, 09:34:25 AM »
Friday - - 2600 people?  wow!!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #311 on: September 21, 2019, 10:29:34 AM »
This is troubling. Big changes will come to the park if the numbers don't improve. It doesn't make sense to me that SDC is struggling while the six flags and cedar fair parks are surging. It's not like SDC is even that much more expensive, or has that fewer rides. I think the older generation that SDC has relied on to fill out it's numbers has finally moved on or been priced out. You guys aren't going to like what they will probably do to pander to the younger generations...

Really hope Pumpkin nights are a success.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #312 on: September 21, 2019, 10:45:25 AM »
This is troubling. Big changes will come to the park if the numbers don't improve. It doesn't make sense to me that SDC is struggling while the six flags and cedar fair parks are surging. It's not like SDC is even that much more expensive, or has that fewer rides. I think the older generation that SDC has relied on to fill out it's numbers has finally moved on or been priced out. You guys aren't going to like what they will probably do to pander to the younger generations...

Do we really know that these are unusual numbers?  This is the first time I've seen daily numbers like this on the forum.  I do know that September is the month of lowest revenue in retail and restaurant business; maybe that has always translated to tourism as well.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 21, 2019, 11:37:16 AM »

Do we really know that these are unusual numbers?  This is the first time I've seen daily numbers like this on the forum.  I do know that September is the month of lowest revenue in retail and restaurant business; maybe that has always translated to tourism as well.

I took some time to look at September 2018 trip reports. How-do Folks said that on Friday the 14th the park was not busy at all. Sirwillow reported on the 15th that the park was "a bit on the crowded side but not overwhelming". Jemmicat went on the 16th and mentioned the traffic. Gilligan reported on the 19th that she was surprised at the number of people there on a Wednesday. On Sunday the 24th Okiebenz reported that the crowds were light and all the rides they rode were walk on but TT had a line.

Last year was the last year of the Cowboy Festival so there were extra activities and crafts during the day in September.  I don't think the entertainment during the day for Country Music Days was a big draw for people this year.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 21, 2019, 05:28:59 PM »

Yes, these are poor numbers... The PTB "expected" 4500 on thursday, and 5500 on friday, and actually only about 1/2 that many showed up.

This summers numbers just seem weak to me.. I dont have the "connection" to find out if numbers are up? down? or WAAYY down?.   

Maybes someone else here can check with the PR dept and verify.. I would like to know.. 

We can only hope for a strong next 3 1/2 months, 

I dont think their country music days drew the crowd they were looking for, however I do know the local artists that played have a good local following and several of the bransonites did come out to watch them..  the artists- Billy Yates, Eastern Heights, The  Missouri Ploughboys and Matt Gumm are all local that either are in shows in town, and in bands after hours or do both..    obviously the local names wont or probalby did not draw people from to far away, since their name wasnt reconized.   Although Billy Yates is a very well country artist local, nationally and worldwide..