Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161393 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2019, 03:47:08 PM »
So while eating at the Mine today I mentioned how it was slow and she said they had figured the mine/mill would be slow because everyone would be down at the barn for the festival foods.  She said that and the rain kept people away today.  I told her I like coming when its going to rain then said something about I heard last weekend was slow for YCW.  She said it was way slower than they had planned.  She said many of the regulars have told her they stay away that weekend so maybe our theory is correct.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2019, 07:29:39 AM »
Another poor weather related saturday...

only 4400 people...

Okie- You should have had a good couple of days!!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2019, 08:02:53 AM »
Another poor weather related saturday...

only 4400 people...

Okie- You should have had a good couple of days!!

Yes, it was downright pleasant yesterday except for the trip being ruined over losing my phone.  I am going back today to hopefully retrieve my phone.  Looks like the rain is about done up here now but it is still cold and wet so I bet it is slow today as well.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2019, 08:06:59 PM »
It was absolutely wonderful today from a guest's perspective.  Crowds were light. Time Traveler was about a 10 minute wait, train was running every 30 minutes with plenty of room left on each one.  Outlaw Run, Flooded Mine, and TNT were walk ons.  Looked like much of FL was as well when we walked by.  And lots of seats left in the couple of shows we attended.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2019, 08:22:16 PM »
It was absolutely wonderful today from a guest's perspective.  Crowds were light. Time Traveler was about a 10 minute wait, train was running every 30 minutes with plenty of room left on each one.  Outlaw Run, Flooded Mine, and TNT were walk ons.  Looked like much of FL was as well when we walked by.  And lots of seats left in the couple of shows we attended.

Cold and wet....

3900 people..!!!

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2019, 09:55:26 AM »
I have never been in the City when it was less crowded than Saturday.  We had a very good time partly because we were never crowded.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »

Cold and wet....

3900 people..!!!

When we got there just after noon the wet was long gone and cleared out.  Turned into a beautiful day.
But what little wet there was I'm sure contributed to those numbers being low.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2019, 04:06:00 PM »
Cold and wet....

3900 people..!!!
When we got there just after noon the wet was long gone and cleared out.  Turned into a beautiful day.
But what little wet there was I'm sure contributed to those numbers being low.
[/quote]

That AND it was a Sunday, AND school is still in session..   Along with I am sure people are planning on trips next weekend, rather than this weekend..

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2019, 08:46:49 PM »
That AND it was a Sunday, AND school is still in session..   Along with I am sure people are planning on trips next weekend, rather than this weekend..

Hopefully, people aren't planning on this Sunday since they are closed for Easter. We've almost made that mistake before, but luckily we checked the hours before heading out. We know a few people that have actually driven to the park and then realized that they were closed.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2019, 11:29:38 AM »

Hopefully, people aren't planning on this Sunday since they are closed for Easter. We've almost made that mistake before, but luckily we checked the hours before heading out. We know a few people that have actually driven to the park and then realized that they were closed.

Good Point.!!  Glad you mentioned it.! 
I am sure there are several carloads drive out there to visit and figure out that the City is closed..

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 18, 2019, 11:12:01 AM »
Good Point.!!  Glad you mentioned it.! 
I am sure there are several carloads drive out there to visit and figure out that the City is closed..

When I was a young lad my Mom took us to the city on this "plan"  It was really disappointing to pull in and see that its not just slow, its empty!  We learned to enjoy what was in Branson and had a good time going to all the places we had noticed and wondered about.   Your day is what you make of it.  Many of the stores in Branson will be open, I saw signs this past week.  Many however will be closed as they had signs up as well.

Happy Easter Members!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2019, 07:50:48 AM by mhguy77 »

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2019, 11:04:13 PM »
The moose out front should tell people they're closed.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2019, 06:41:59 PM »
^ LOL!!!  Good one HB!
I'm Your Huckleberry

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »
A little over 12,000 people today...  Would have been a beautiful day to be there today..

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2019, 08:45:20 PM »
A little over 12,000 people today...  Would have been a beautiful day to be there today..

We were there. In general lines were quite long. But we were able to see the shows we wanted to see by giving up rides. The temp was good but the wind was quite chilly.