Author Topic: 2019 Daily Attendance  (Read 161354 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Daily Attendance
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2019, 01:27:25 PM »
Now if they run into that 3-4 years in a row without any good explanation other than public perception of the crowd, then they might start to rethink it a little bit.  But I doubt after one year that was off a bit.

Agreed,
it would have to happen for multiple years in a row.  Which is the correct way to do it.  You cant let 1 "odd" year decide things like that,,

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2019, 07:01:19 PM »
I made the mistake one time before I even knew about YCW.  The rudeness of many of the people/kids attending that rival that of the rude people there waiting for the holly jolly parade.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2019, 08:41:22 PM »
I made the mistake one time before I even knew about YCW.  The rudeness of many of the people/kids attending that rival that of the rude people there waiting for the holly jolly parade.

Yes i made that mistake once.. between the regular crowds and the out of control rude kids...  I never made that mistake again.. :( :(

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2019, 09:00:49 PM »
...I know several of the regular contributors weren't there (e.g. Kanakuk camps/ Joe White) which might have had an impact...

He was on the schedule for Sunday morning.

We went to the park on Sunday and had a great day. Short lines and we only saw about 3 people cut the line all day. No problems with any kids at all.

I did notice that they had a special to upgrade the 2-Day YCW ticket to a season pass for only $35. When we walked by there was a line of kids upgrading.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 09:03:14 PM by mg »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2019, 09:05:21 PM »
It's possible that the reputation has finally preceded it. Plus the weather...

But that's a pretty huge drop for an event that almost always packs out the park. I wonder if something fundamentally shifted. Did the price increase much? Did some of the churches have a complaint about something?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2019, 07:29:07 AM »
It's possible that the reputation has finally preceded it. Plus the weather...

But that's a pretty huge drop for an event that almost always packs out the park. I wonder if something fundamentally shifted. Did the price increase much? Did some of the churches have a complaint about something?

All possibilities,

I dont have anyway of verifying how many were YCW affiliated, Or everyday visitors. 

It was for sure a very low number, for both sat and sun.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2019, 03:57:44 PM »
...I know several of the regular contributors weren't there (e.g. Kanakuk camps/ Joe White) which might have had an impact...

You're right, my mistake.  I've a good friend in town who works with Joe who is always out there with him, and who made a post that he was missing it this year, so i figured Joe wasn't there either.  I was wrong on that.

I talked to a few of my "church friends" and youth leaders, and several said that there just wasn't a lot of interest this year.  I think it really came down to it feeling, for some of them or the kids at least, like it was the same old, same old, with nothing "new" or a big name to draw them.  There wasn't an artist/ group this year that would be more than middle of the show at best with Winterjam, not like in the past when they've had Skillet, Lauren Daigle or some of the others.

So at this point that would be my best guest- an uninspiring lineup and a desire for something new.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2019, 05:56:04 PM »
would have been a good day to be at the City today..  5,000 people..!!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2019, 06:04:54 PM »
I am thinking about going up tomorrow and/or Friday/Saturday.  I am thinking crowds will be light.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2019, 07:11:55 PM »
I am thinking about going up tomorrow and/or Friday/Saturday.  I am thinking crowds will be light.

I'm sure it will be,  Schools still in session, supposed to be nice...  GO!!   have a great visit.>!

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2019, 08:44:11 PM »

You're right, my mistake.

I think that we both might be correct. Seeing some posts now that are making me think that he wasn’t actually there, but was originally on the schedule.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2019, 04:16:34 PM »

Did you end up going today?   only about 4,000 people there..   Should have been a good day, 

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2019, 05:35:05 PM »
No, did not go today, but will be going tomorrow early afternoon and Saturday.  It looks like it will be cold and rainy so hopefully will be a good day as far as crowds go

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 12, 2019, 08:51:40 PM »
Went today, arrived about 2pm or so.  There was a lot more people than I thought there would be. Waited about 20 minutes to ride the PK, and maybe 10-15 minutes to ride TT on the way out at about 5pm.  Went to TGS but line was too long.  Looked like some groups of school kids were there.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2019, 06:43:21 AM »
Went today, arrived about 2pm or so.  There was a lot more people than I thought there would be. Waited about 20 minutes to ride the PK, and maybe 10-15 minutes to ride TT on the way out at about 5pm.  Went to TGS but line was too long.  Looked like some groups of school kids were there.

Only 5100 there today,  Must have all came in to ride coasters.. 

hope it was a good day, OKie.