Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 128220 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #240 on: November 26, 2008, 03:56:38 PM »
I hope so too, but first we have to win the Border War trophy (Lamar Hunt trophy) this coming weekend at Arrowhead against kU
SWOOSH

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44:12 PM »
WOW!  Just returned from a great hunting trip.  Saw Mizzou whip up on Iowa State, shot a ten-point buck, great time all-around.

MU vrs. ISU  11/15/08  with Kurtis Gregory #78 & Chase Daniel #10

Chase Daniel & I

Kurtis Gregory & I

10 Pointer

Another shot

View at sunrise from the front door of the camper

The Killing Fields

"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 26, 2008, 10:36:18 PM »
We were at the MU-ISU game as well

SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #243 on: November 27, 2008, 11:15:27 AM »
Great pics Zephon and Swoosh!  Thanks for sharing!

What a great trip, Zephon.  Glad you had a blast!  Hey, and Albert won the NL MVP while you were gone.  Could it get any better? ;)

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 29, 2008, 09:13:42 AM »
Some great college football this weekend. Yesterday was the only time all year I got to watch a Razorback game on TV, and wow, was it a good one!

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 29, 2008, 09:23:02 AM »
Hey Zephon, is that a Browning lever gun?

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 29, 2008, 06:57:24 PM »
I hope so too, but first we have to win the Border War trophy (Lamar Hunt trophy) this coming weekend at Arrowhead against kU

That didn't go so well.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 29, 2008, 09:25:42 PM »
Oh well.  I meant nothing.  The Beaker fans still have to go home to kansass... and I'm pretty sure we all know who will be back at Arrowhead (MU) next week and who will be at home (kU) watching the game on tv.

Rock Choke on that Gheyhawks.
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #248 on: November 30, 2008, 12:20:28 PM »
I hope OU doesn't leap Texas in the BCS.  Coaches keep calling for a playoff, then they ignore the head-to-head result of Texas beating OU earlier in the year.  I was not all that impressed with OU yesterday either.  That game was a lot closer than the final score reflected.  And I'm sure OU/Texas/Tech are scared of playing MU in the title game, huh? ::)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 30, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
They are probably more scared of the fact that they will play outdoors in Missouri at night in December exposed to the elements and on natural grass which none of them have done this year.

Missouri should not be underestimated.  I am hoping for an upset, as Missouri has nothing to lose and everything to gain. 
SWOOSH

sdcforever

« Reply #250 on: November 30, 2008, 04:13:34 PM »
Well, it'll be Mizzou vs. OU Saturday night.  I'm hoping for an upset as well; at least we'll have experience playing on that field.  If we can upset OU that could push Texas into the national championship game; I think they would better represent the Big 12.  We all know how OU chokes in BCS games.  I say "could" push Texas into the national championship game because 'Bama needs to take care of business against Florida.  If 'Bama does and we beat OU then Texas should play 'Bama in the national championship game.  Honestly, Florida vs. 'Bama is the game I'm most intrigued by this coming weekend.

On a side note, I'd love to see what USC's defense can do against the likes of OU, Tech, or Texas.  That would be exciting!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »
Swoosh-

We had to be sitting relatively close, judging from where your pics were shot from.  You got there in time to see the warmups and whatnot.  We lingered in the parking lot for awhile.  Great game.  Too bad they lost against KU.  No telling what bowl game they'll get now, unless they can pull a monstrous upset against OU in the title game.

The Gregory's and Dan (my hunting buddy).

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 11:28:20 PM by Zephon »

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2008, 10:51:57 PM »
KBCraig-

Yes, it is a Browning lever action, 30-06, with a Nikon scope.  Pretty nice rig.  I've had it about 11 years and have killed a lot of deer with it.  Shot a Marlin 30-30 before that, so, being used to a lever, that's what I looked for in a higher power gun.  I could have gotten it in any number of calibers, but 30-06 is pretty standard so I picked that.  Got it for an elk hunt trip, which ultimately fell through so I'm still looking forward to my first one, someday. 

sdcforever

« Reply #253 on: December 07, 2008, 09:13:56 PM »
Well...Mizzou got smoked in the Big 12 title game 62-21, setting up a BCS "National Championship" game between Florida and Oklahoma.  Who do you like?  I'm giving the edge to Florida.  I don't know why.  It just feels right. :)

As for Mizzou, we get the Alamo Bowl on Dec. 29 against 9-3 Northwestern.  I know we can beat Northwestern, but if we play the way we have the past two games we definitely won't beat them.  Chase Daniel needs to step up big time.  His mistakes really let the game get away against Oklahoma.  I think Mizzou will be fired up for this game and will win.  Who do you like--Northwestern or Mizzou?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 07, 2008, 11:30:54 PM »
From what I have been hearing there is a lot of animosity on the team right now -- between players and other players and also between the players and coaches... this is not the time for stuff like this to be happening.

Chase Daniel has looked like crap the last two games ... and actually I will say he has played like crap ever since the Buffalo game.  I'm not sure if the boy was busy believing his own press or what, but he is not the same player that he was last year.

I sure hope we do something about our defense before next year.
SWOOSH