Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 129150 times)

sdcforever

Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #195 on: September 25, 2008, 10:55:27 PM »
^The unfortunate thing is, by being the best team in Missouri that means we're the second worst in the entire NFL!

I was just sickened by the home loss to the Raiders.  That was beyond pathetic!  They've lost now, what, 10 games in a row dating back to last year?  I have a feeling wins will be hard to find.  The game against the Broncos this weekend could be very, very ugly.  We don't have much of a defense, and we certainly can't keep up with the Broncos offensively.  I really don't like Brodie very much.  I feel like we don't really have a quarterback, someone who can really lead the team.  We also don't have much of a GM, either.  We've been on the 5 year Super Bowl plan for 20 years now!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: September 27, 2008, 02:03:10 PM »
We've lost 12 in a row  :-[. I feel Brodie hasn't been given a fair chance yet. We'll see what he can do when he gets back. But, if he can't stay healthy then I think KC is done with him.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

saladdays

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2008, 11:15:51 PM »
Well, I never would have guessed that KC would have beaten Denver.

sdcforever

« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2008, 11:48:50 PM »
^We should've seen it coming.  Denver, under coach Mike Shanahan, is 3-11 at Arrowhead.  They just can't win at Arrowhead.  I still don't have hope, despite the win.  This season is a lost cause. :'(

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 01, 2008, 08:53:35 PM »
^I disagree. I'm biased but I think the Chiefs learned what they have to do to win. We won't make a playoff run but I'll guarantee we'll be better than everyone thinks we are.

Remember the phrase, "Any given Sunday?"  ;)

sdcforever

« Reply #200 on: October 01, 2008, 10:04:09 PM »
^Looking at the remaining schedule I see (perhaps) four or five more good chances for a win.  And next week at Carolina isn't one of them.

sdcforever

« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2008, 09:43:28 PM »
Enough football.  Let's talk MLB baseball!  I'm sad that the Cards aren't in it, but I must say I'm proud of them.  86-76 is a good record for a good team (and a team that overachieved IMO).  And finishing the year on a 6 game winning streak really makes me feel good!  If there is any justice in this world here's how I think the individual hardware should be handed out for the NL:  MVP:  Albert Pujols, Cardinals (no one is more valuable or talented all around than El Hombre)  Player of the Year (as voted by players):  Pujols again  Cy Young:  Tim Lincecum, Giants  Rookie of the Year:  Geovany Soto, Cubs

As for the playoffs, I'm rooting for the Dodgers and Phillies in the NL and the Angels and Rays in the AL.

Anyone else have any thoughts?  Who do you think should win the individual awards?  Who are you rooting for?   

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 04, 2008, 07:04:56 PM »
As for the playoffs, I'm rooting for the Dodgers and Phillies in the NL and the Angels and Rays in the AL.

I thought a cross-town Series in Chicago would be great, but it doesn't look like either team is going to make it. I really hate the CWS, but it would make for a great Series. I'm a Cards fan, but just for the sake of baseball history, I'd like to see the Cubs win it all. Once every hundred years is just about right for them.  ;)

My second choice would be the Dodgers, just to show the Steinbrenners that Joe Torre is better at baseball than they are.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 05, 2008, 12:33:57 AM »
Well, the Cubs are out. Brewers hang on to play another day.

Go Dodgers!

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 05, 2008, 10:46:31 PM »
I was rooting for the Cubs to show up at the LDS, but I guess that was too much to ask.  Like the last Halley's Comet, they were a dud, so if it's another hundred years, so be it.  I'll have to pull for the Dodgers also, and anybody but Boston from the AL.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

Zephon

• Conductor
  • RedBirdFever
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 05, 2008, 10:58:05 PM »
On the other hand, I am totally into MIZZOU football.  Chase Daniels is phenomenal, with a huge supporting cast.  They blew Nebraska away on Saturday and I look for them to do the same with every Big 12 team except for Oklahoma which ain't too shabby themselves.  OU is ranked No. 1 and it wouldn't surprise me to see MU at No. 2 this week, but more likely No. 3.
"Why do they call them Wild Women?"

sdcforever

« Reply #206 on: October 05, 2008, 11:02:35 PM »
^I like Mizzou football as well.  Daniel is the leading Heisman candidate right now.  The next two weeks will be a true test for them, playing OSU and then at Texas.  They don't play Oklahoma in the regular season, so the only time they would meet is the Big 12 Championship (if both teams get there).  I would not be surprised if Oklahoma lost at least one game this year.  That's the way it's been going for teams ranked no. 1 the past couple of years.

Mizzou is ranked no. 3 in the AP poll, and no. 2 in the coaches' poll.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 12:20:50 AM by sdcforever »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2008, 07:40:21 PM »
^That's awesome! I hadn't seen the rankings for this week yet. Been too busy with homecoming stuff. Anyhow, I'll be going to the Mizzou vs. K-State game in Columbia. It'd be exciting if we were ranked number 1 or 2 at that point.

At least one of my Missouri teams are doing well.

sdcforever

« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2008, 08:45:42 PM »
^I'm really rooting for Mizzou.  These next two games vs. Oklahoma State and at Texas are going to be really tough.  If they can get past those unbeaten I'll feel a lot better.  The "experts" (aka talking heads) seem to think they'll be able to win these next two pretty easily.  I feel a little nervous, but we'll see how it goes.

sdcforever

« Reply #209 on: October 18, 2008, 09:08:15 PM »
Am I prophet, or what?  (Though I wish I was wrong).  Not only are these last two games tough for Mizzou, but they're both losses!  IMO, it all started with our first drive against Oklahoma State.  Why in the world did Pinkel call for a field goal on fourth and goal from the 1/2 yard line?!?  We're at home and have a chance to go up 7-0 and flex some muscle against a talented and upset-minded team.  Instead we kick a field goal and Oklahoma State gains confidence, holding us to 3 points.  You can't tell me that Pinkel didn't have confidence in his offense (that averaged over 50 points a game at that time) picking up a 1/2 yard for a touchdown.  After that questionable decision, it's been all downhill.  We gave Oklahoma State confidence and faltered, losing by 6.  We obviously haven't recovered, showing the same timid, tight offense and porous defense.  And against Texas, that leads to a blowout of monstrous proportions. :o  Losing like this on the national stage sets back our program years when it comes to recruiting.