Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 129034 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2007, 11:19:36 PM »
Some people just don't like football I guess. I love it though. Anyways, I saw that Joy and Whales got their questions answered in Conductor Sam's blog. You're celebrities now!! I'll put up the debate thread sometime tomorrow. I got to doctor up my elbow and I have a workout tomorrow morning. Then tomorrow night I'm going to Rock the Light in KC. Where should I post the debate thread in Whales?? The Random section or General SDC??
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »
^Depends on what the topics will be about.

I've considered making a forum specifically for debates, but I'd rather keep things light-hearted for now, for the most part.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2007, 11:42:20 PM »
I've already told you what the debates will be about.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2007, 11:47:58 PM »
Oh yeah, Just put it in the General SDC area.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2007, 11:50:33 PM »
Okay, it should be up sometime tomorrow. I gotta go to bed. My elbow hurts really bad. My shoulders and arms are sore. I'm falling apart!!

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2007, 02:26:58 PM »
Yesterday I went to Rock the Light Music Festival at Starlight Theatre in Kansas City. It was a lot of fun. I got to see close to ten bands AND I got to go backstage and get Hawk Nelson's autograph. (Most of you probably don't know who Hawk Nelson is though).

It was weird last night, I woke up at like 2 in the morning with a horrible pain in my leg. Turns out it was a really bad cramp. I don't ever get cramps so this was a new feeling for me. I could even feel the knot in my leg. It hurt so bad. Anybody else ever get cramps??

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2007, 11:25:15 AM »
What is this like a triple post, ahhh well, if other people would post in this thread I wouldn't have to do this, oh well. I think we might have a lurker on this site who just isn't signing up or something. Steve and I have talked about this through PM's and we both think that we have a few lurkers here who are just too lazy to sign up. Anyways here's the evidence:

Clicky

Now, I think this is weird because we were just talking about a BSF remake so it looks like the person just went onto RCT3 and made himself a (not very good) recreation of BSF. I say not very good because if you click on the download link and look at the picture you'll see what I'm talking about. What do you guys think of this.

Or it could just all be a coincedence.  ???

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #37 on: September 03, 2007, 11:30:57 AM »
Interesting, that's really not even a re-creation. Looks like the only thing he took from the original ride was the name.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
I know that's why I said, it wasn't very good.  ;D  I already know he didn't spend very much time on it for two reasons:

1. If he's a lurker and decided to make a recreation because of our topic, then he couldn't have spent very much time on it because our topic just started yesterday.
2. You can just tell he didn't put very much work into it.

Do you think he's a lurker or it's just a coincedence??

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2007, 11:39:17 AM »
It's probably just a coincidence, it's not like that many people come across this site.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2007, 11:40:37 AM »
But I do have the link to this site in my sig on the RCT3 forums so you just never know....

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2007, 12:55:12 PM »
I have a quiz tomorrow in American History I have no idea what about, AND I forgot my book at school. Crap.

EDITED POST:

I'm tired of double posting, so I'm editing this post with good news!! Last night our varsity team won the second game of the year, 22-20.

We are now 2-0 and 1-0 against conference teams.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 12:22:46 PM by Coaster »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 08:21:10 PM »
Congrats! Sounds like your team's really doin' good. That's awesome.

Not much to report on my end. Just had a whole week home alone, which was kinda nice. It was quiet and peaceful.

On Monday, I went with my dad and a couple others to the little waterpark that's down the street from my house. It's the only the second time I've ever been to a waterpark, and it was the first time I've ever been brave enough to go down one of the big water slides. Of course, I only did the one where you ride a tube down, so I guess I took a step up from the Waterboggan (which I've not ridden in YEARS).... Next year, I'll hopefully be thinner and therefore feel more confident in going down one of the slides where it's just you and nothing else.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 09:39:26 PM »
Thanks for the support of our football team Joy. We beat a team that we weren't supposed to beat, and it's a school that's bigger than us so it was a pretty big victory.

What waterpark did you go to?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2007, 10:00:11 AM »
It's a tiny little thing called Adventure Oasis in Independence. It's one of those residential-type places that has a small swimming pool, a couple slides, a kiddie area, and a not-very-long lazy river. It's only $6 for residents, so it's a nice deal for those who can't afford to go to Oceans of Fun.

It just opened a couple years ago, and this was my first time there. It was nice. Thankfully it wasn't quite as hot as it had been here, and they let me wear my t-shirt over my swimsuit so I didn't get sunburned. With my extremely pale skin, I get burned REALLY easily. Luckily, I came away from the park with zero burn! YAY! :)

~ "Becky" Joy ~