Author Topic: The SDCFans Lounge  (Read 129185 times)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
The SDCFans Lounge
« on: August 18, 2007, 02:03:14 PM »
I got this idea from another forum...

This is the place where you can relax from all your great Silver Dollar City conversations with others and you can just talk about anything you want!! What you did today, what's going on in your life, anything! We don't care!!

I start my high school career on Tuesday. I got my schedule and I've found out I don't have any classes with four of some of my best friends. Quite sad really.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 02:02:30 PM by Coaster »
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: The SDCFans Lounge
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 03:19:18 PM »
I'm thankfully no longer in school, but a girl I know is starting her senior year this year, and boy things are different at my old high school. They're starting this "Small Learning Communities" thing this year where all the students are sorted into five "houses", similar to how it's done in Harry Potter. The sorting is random, and there's no transferring once you've been sorted, so I'm feeling really sad for the seniors who are finding themselves in different "houses" than their friends... I hate the idea of kids being broken up like that.

Now, for the freshmen, that's fine, 'cause we already get split anyway at that point in time because all 8th graders go from one huge 8th grade school to being split into two different high schools. I'm just feeling sorry for the high schoolers who already have made friends and are getting separated from them; the only way they'll have classes together is through electives.

Anyway, I already have my two-year degree, but I'm thinking of going back to my college next year if the rumors are true about that campus getting more art classes next spring. Right now, the only campus of the Metro colleges that has extensive art classes is a 20-30 minute drive from where I live.

I really hope art classes will be coming closer, 'cause I really want to take as many as I can.

I hope high school treats you well, CitW... Whenever things may feel like they're getting out of hand, just think about the fact that you have college to look forward to... Because believe me, college is SO great (well, at least the community college was; don't know much about university atmosphere).

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »
I'm kind of excited but nervous at the same time. I'll survive.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:05:03 PM »
What did you go to college to be Joy?

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:20:17 PM »
Well, I could only afford a two-year community college (by way of Pell Grant and A+ scholarship), so I just went for my general Associate in Arts. So, basically, I didn't get a degree for anything specific.

If I ever can afford it, though, I would love to get a Bachelor's in Illustration.

So, what are you interested in studying?

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:34:40 PM »
I don't really like studying anything. History is okay with me but I don't really enjoy studying. I would love to be one of the higher ups at SDC someday. I also enjoy football. I'd love to be a head coach someday. I've got big dreams I know.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 05:38:40 PM »
Head coach sounds fun!

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Eagle Rider

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 07:02:53 PM »
I teach 7th grade language arts.  I have even started a middle school coaster club and took the kids to Holiday World last spring.  Maybe this year we'll go to SDC.  Tomorrow is the first day of school in my district Yea!   :D

I hope all you students on this forum have a great school year.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 07:23:44 PM »
School starts on Tuesday for me. Orientation is tomorrow. I play football and one of my coaches is one of my teachers this year so it should be fun.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 07:27:12 PM »
I should start a coaster club at my school. In high school I'm wanting to do the Lumberjack Club. The Lumberjack Club gets together once a month in the morning before school and eats pancakes. That's all they do!! It will be fun.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 04:20:03 PM »
Hey guys!! What's up?? I got to go to football practice now, I'll be on later tonight though to hopefully talk to you guys. See ya later!

EDIT: I decided to edit this post instead of double posting. I hate to double post even though I sometimes have to do it. Once we get more members than hopefully I will never have to do it again. ANYWAYS, do any of you guys have Yahoo Messenger names? I would love to talk to you guys sometime on there. If you don't want to post them here for everyone to see then you can PM me. Or if you think I'm the annoying 14 year old SDC wannabe guru (I call myself that after seeing Joy's album) that I am, feel free to not send anything at all. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 08:57:57 PM by Coaster »

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 10:12:41 PM »
Errr, I've got a ton of work to do this week, and it doesn't look like it will lessen up anytime soon. In the mean time I have next to no time for recreation, working on this site, working on my other sites, or doing freelance work which I really need to do for the money.

Again, enjoy high school while you can.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 12:16:12 AM »
I'm glad you're first day was a success. As long as you have good teachers and good friends, high school should be a really good experience. It was high school where I really began to learn how to assert myself as an individual; if I'd stayed stuck in homeschooling, I wouldn't be nearly the person I am today.

I have a Yahoo ID, but I never get on Messenger anymore. I find myself too caught up in all my online surfing that I never use messengers. My friend is always getting after me for never being on the messengers, but I just... forget.

~ "Becky" Joy ~

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 06:36:55 PM »
Well start getting on messenger for me and your friend Joy!! Tomorrow and Friday we are on a heat schedule. Only a few of the rooms in my high school are air conditioned. I only have two air conditioned classes, where in middle school all my classes were air conditioned. So I'm gettin out of school at eleven tomorrow. And the best part---football practice is only an hour and a half!! Yay!

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 10:59:46 PM »
Meh, more work today. I'm started to get burnt-out, I hope it doesn't last much longer.