Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.  (Read 12484 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2019, 03:10:58 PM »
What I am wondering is why everyone is still going to the place?! Is it strictly the "deal" they are (or sometimes are) offering? It's certainly not the service...so why keep going back? KD isn't even there any more...so why give business to a place that obviously sucks and who's owners don't care??

My family gave Homestay Inn/Eagles Lodge a lot of business over the years for two reasons. 1. It was a great deal, and 2. Paige was a wonderful host who CARED about her facility AND her guest.

Anyway...just my 2 cents on Classic Motor Inn.

That is kind of what was going through my head also. But, I prefer a Condo or Air BNB so I never stayed there anyway. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2019, 04:11:00 PM »
What I am wondering is why everyone is still going to the place?! Is it strictly the "deal" they are (or sometimes are) offering? It's certainly not the service...so why keep going back? KD isn't even there any more...so why give business to a place that obviously sucks and who's owners don't care??

My family gave Homestay Inn/Eagles Lodge a lot of business over the years for two reasons. 1. It was a great deal, and 2. Paige was a wonderful host who CARED about her facility AND her guest.

Anyway...just my 2 cents on Classic Motor Inn.

Agreed with all the above..

But The rate is good, I like the location of motel. ( of course that is just of the reasons I chose it initially).   I dont like the owner/manager, BUT as long as rooms stay "clean", and the rates dont change, I will be staying there..  UNTIL I can find another location,
BUT with the season already started now,
I dont see that happening until next fall.. 
But maybe with some of K.D's help, we will find/figure something out

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 06:39:12 PM »
The last couple of times we have not stayed at one of the Hilton properties we stayed at the Honeysuckle Inn which is right next door to the Imax.  Price is just a few bucks more than the classic rate was supposed to be but the place is a lot nicer.  They have a much better breakfast and they have a nice indoor pool and hot tub area.  I think it was about $60 with tax and everything Saturday night.  I wonder if those folks would be open to a group deal for us.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 09:31:53 AM »
The last couple of times we have not stayed at one of the Hilton properties we stayed at the Honeysuckle Inn which is right next door to the Imax.  Price is just a few bucks more than the classic rate was supposed to be but the place is a lot nicer.  They have a much better breakfast and they have a nice indoor pool and hot tub area.  I think it was about $60 with tax and everything Saturday night.  I wonder if those folks would be open to a group deal for us.

I dont know, Maybe?    I didnt talk to them when we made the move from homestay to Classic..

I used to stay there also, Great Breakast, INdoor pool is nice, rates were comparable, but then they become owned by "other " people, thats when I moved to Homestay..

But now since about 90% of the lodging there is no longer American Owned,   Maybe I should talk to them. ?? :o :o

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 09:53:01 AM »
Check with Ozark Valley Inn, just a couple of doors closer to the zoo.  Still American owned, not far off of the price range already, and we really liked it the last time we stayed.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 11:10:54 AM »
Check with Ozark Valley Inn, just a couple of doors closer to the zoo.  Still American owned, not far off of the price range already, and we really liked it the last time we stayed.

Thats correct,
KD knows that manager and is supposed to get us in the front door.. 
I will send her a message abotu that.. 
I know she has been busy with new job...

thanks, sirwillow

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 06:16:13 PM »
While we were driving over there last week the wife was on her phone and somehow came across a website or something that has several of the motels in Branson were for sale. Since I was curious I googled and came up with this.  I wonder if any of these are currently American owned and may soon not be.  Maybe we should all chip in and by one of them

https://www.loopnet.com/missouri/branson_hotels-for-sale/

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2019, 07:32:09 PM »
While we were driving over there last week the wife was on her phone and somehow came across a website or something that has several of the motels in Branson were for sale. Since I was curious I googled and came up with this.  I wonder if any of these are currently American owned and may soon not be.  Maybe we should all chip in and by one of them

https://www.loopnet.com/missouri/branson_hotels-for-sale/

There is a little motel on 265, I thought would always be a nice palce to won.. 
IF you really wanted to,
good location, quiet, 20-25 rooms it looks like.. easy to maintain and handle...
IF you really wanted to..  LOL

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:17 PM »
Why the concern for "American owned"? And how do you define "American"?

If the service is good, the citizenship or national origin of the owner shouldn't matter. And if it's not good, it still shouldn't matter.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2019, 08:18:46 AM »

If the service is good, the citizenship or national origin of the owner shouldn't matter. And if it's not good, it still shouldn't matter.

I could recommend (but will not) some hotels that would make you change your mind.  In Branson!
Its a culture thing, most of the time other cultures are not practiced in maintaining the standards we are used to in our hotels.  It is what it is.   If you ask if its American owned and they lie to you you have a good idea what you are in for.  I believe they often buy businesses without the proper capital it takes to maintain, they are milked for every bit of life they have in them and end up like the hotels along 76.   When you have been burned for good money you begin to distrust the situation.  You cant complain, comment or try to work out a problem when the person you are arguing with doesn't understand what our standards are.  Please take a moment to consider what has occurred at the Classic....We were standing customers there and probably pretty permissive with errors and shortcomings with the owners because of our special deal.  Now we are unable to secure a room and trust we are being charged the proper rate without earning it through extended debate.  They are unable to play by western business standards like a verbal agreement that netted the previous owners 40-50000 a year!!   This is why people dont want to bother, when you are on a trip it is for enjoyment and this type situation is in conflict with my relaxation.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:59:48 AM by mhguy77 »

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2019, 10:14:12 AM »

I could recommend (but will not) some hotels that would make you change your mind.  In Branson!
Its a culture thing, most of the time other cultures are not practiced in maintaining the standards we are used to in our hotels.  It is what it is.   If you ask if its American owned and they lie to you you have a good idea what you are in for.  I believe they often buy businesses without the proper capital it takes to maintain, they are milked for every bit of life they have in them and end up like the hotels along 76.   When you have been burned for good money you begin to distrust the situation.  You cant complain, comment or try to work out a problem when the person you are arguing with doesn't understand what our standards are.  Please take a moment to consider what has occurred at the Classic....We were standing customers there and probably pretty permissive with errors and shortcomings with the owners because of our special deal.  Now we are unable to secure a room and trust we are being charged the proper rate without earning it through extended debate.  They are unable to play by western business standards like a verbal agreement that netted the previous owners 40-50000 a year!!   This is why people dont want to bother, when you are on a trip it is for enjoyment and this type situation is in conflict with my relaxation.

Overlooking the Cultural differences, since MH pretty well stated the obvious. :D

How about the Economics of the situations?.. ::).

IF a company or facility is owned by " non americans", then the Profit from that company is going somewhere overseas, this is a plain and simple fact.

Yes, I realize, you have local employees (maybe), and their wages. taxes, living expenses stay here. (in theory).

Thats assuming they are doing there taxes legit and keeping everything current,

I have heard of stories of overtime with no compensation, now worker comp, no insurance, and nothing is done because of foreign ownership.  If it gets too bad for the current owner, business is simply closed or resold to another Non american , then reopened under a different name/entity and it starts all over again..

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2019, 01:34:57 PM »
^ what they said - and for the same reasons I'd prefer to buy American made products - I want my fellow countrymen to make the product and benefit from it.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2019, 06:24:57 PM »
Do we have any hard data on the amount of revenue our little group brings to one of those hotels on an annual basis?  Even the $42 rate seems like a great deal to each individual but I would think when you multiply that over all of our members that take advantage of it, it would add up to quite a sum over the year.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2019, 08:40:10 PM »
42.00 x 400 = 16800.00

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2019, 07:02:05 AM »
Do we have any hard data on the amount of revenue our little group brings to one of those hotels on an annual basis?  Even the $42 rate seems like a great deal to each individual but I would think when you multiply that over all of our members that take advantage of it, it would add up to quite a sum over the year.

In past years our "little" group has stayed up to and over 700 nights in a year, which of course would indicate over 28,000.00 dollars a year..  and then if you add in your friends you send, or my friends, or Mhguy's friends and so on. The room count could easily exceed the 900-1000 rooms a night. 35-40,000.00 a year in potential "income/Earnings". 
quite a number, considering all the motel has to do is take care of us..  LOL.  we do all the advertising and so on for them.
Thus my frustration when trying to pick another motel for us. Of course we have our "needs" also..  BUT for that kind of money.......  Pretty simple deal to me..

Thankfully I finally was able to talk to Ozark, and they agreed to work with us, They are very happy we are coming their way, and the meet our "qualifications"...