Author Topic: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.  (Read 12483 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.
« on: February 07, 2019, 08:48:05 AM »
I will be staying with KD again this weekend..

I have not been able to lock down another motel yet.. The previous one I had made "arrangements" with went through 3 managers in 4 months, Now I cant get the newest one pinned down..

I am meeting with A rep from Elliot Lodging this weekend.  They are locally owned out of Springfield, and ised to own Home Stay, where we started..

KD obviously has not decided to move on yet..  I will be talking to her about that this weekend also.

The current owners have extended our discounted rate to us for 2019. So for now, since KD is still there, until I can get different arrangements made. I will be there with her.

Sorry for the delay/confusion.  But it is amazing how many motels in Branson, are NOT Local American Owned, and that is what I am trying to get us back to..

Hopefully more info next week...

But for now call KD, I am dealing only with her and I am ignoring the owners..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Motor Inn - 2019 - K.D.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2019, 05:33:30 PM »
Have you talked to Liberty Lodge that is right across the street?  We stayed there once last year and in talking to the owner I recall I think they bought it recently at that time and the guy was a veteran.  It seemed to be clean and a decent place.  Anyway, that is all I know just thought I would pass it along.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2019, 07:14:15 PM »
Thanks for the update!

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 10:06:41 AM »
I overlooked this thread so posted in the other one. K.D.'s last day at Classic was March 8. She is going to work at the Hughes Brothers Music Show.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 02:30:46 PM »
Good for her!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2019, 06:57:39 PM »
Good news for her, she does indeed start working with the Hughes Brothers on Monday.. 

In fact, her new position is Mrs. Hughes Personal Assistant ;D.   

Shes gets regular hours, vacations, personal days, time off, you know, real benefits..!!!... like a regular job...!!   

CONGRATS TO HER!!!...

As you all know, I have been trying (with little success) to get us set up at a new motel, since Classic was purchased last JUly..   Lots of fake promises, dodged emails and meetings...  In a nutshell here is what I have found....

American Eagle and Inn.  Met with them, positive response  then no answers to email or phones..! :(

Willow Tree Inn,  Not interetsed, they have been through 4 general manages and 2 assistant mgrs in the last 4 months... :o

Econo Lodge-  seemed initally interested, but follow up through emails with distrct and meetings with the general manager, nobody will make a decision..!! ::) VERY frustrating to me

Hall of Fame, although they will work with us throughout the year, They cant commit to having rooms available through the summer due to contracts with other groups.  BUT we can call them..

Classic has agreed to honor our price rate. I have serious concerns about the overall servcie we may get without her "controlling" them.
For now, we will be staying with Classic.....
Suggestions:  Call ahead and verify your reservations...
                     When verifying your room, and/or checking in,  MAKE SURE YOU VERIFY YOUR ROOM RATE..!!!
                     I know it is a pain. !!  BUT i gaurantee these guys will screw it up.!!
                     If you need coffee pot, you will need to remind them.. :-\

I am sorry we have to put up with this nonsense, but the rate is good, and we all like the location... So just stay on them, and make sure they do what they are supposed to be doing...

I will continue to look for a different motel.

In fact K.D. did tell me that after she leaves Classic, she will help me with another possible location on SOTH.  They are still American Owned, and K.D. knows them fairly well....

So maybe that will work out...

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2019, 09:04:12 AM »
Hooray for KD!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up.  We have a room this Friday; I'll get my wife to call and check up on them to verify all is well.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2019, 10:12:04 AM »
Well.

On the way down last Friday, my wife called to confirm our reservation.  Surprise:  it didn't exist.  Blame placed on KD.

SDC fans special rate?  What's that?  Is that the AARP?

*sigh* 

My wife was able to secure a room--they were NOT busy and at a rate not too much higher than the previous one, but I can make NO promises to anyone else at any other time.   I get the distinct impression that our rate will be based entirely on projected rooms available. 

And, if you had a reservation made prior to 3/8, I strongly suggest that you give them a call before arriving so that you can negotiate some kind of room.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 08:43:13 AM »
FYI -- if you have been using the 1-800 number to make reservations, it has been disconnected. The number is 417-334-6991.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 09:10:25 AM »
Monday, my wife set up a reservation for this Friday.  It took her a while to get the person on the phone to understand what she was talking about with the rate, and I don't think we  actually got the rate we did just a few weeks ago, but it's still not bad.

It has been said elsewhere that the actual charge seems to vary quite a bit--probably dependent upon who is on the line.  I think we are paying $57 (w/ tax) for the three of us this time.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 01:44:18 PM »
They tried to charge a higher rate when my husband made a reservation last week. He said, no, that's not what I have been paying. He gave them the rate we had been paying, and they honored it.

In the whatever category, we were watching TV there Thursday night, and the cable went out around 11:15 and was still off the next morning. The message on the screen said no signal. The person at the desk was not concerned when we reported it when we checked out.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 03:59:07 PM »
He said, no, that's not what I have been paying. He gave them the rate we had been paying, and they honored it.

The person at the desk was not concerned when we reported it when we checked out.

Yes, I know.. if you tell them the rate they will honor it.. OR has so far.

"not concerned",  yep! That seems to be the problem... >:( >:(

We were told today that the lower room out back would not be available Memorial weekend,  Remodel or something... >:(

Question?   Who in the Hell closes down a third of their Motel for remodel on 1 of the 4 or 5 biggest weekedn of the year... >:( >:(   

THE Morons!!!!!!...

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 09:24:10 AM »
What I am wondering is why everyone is still going to the place?! Is it strictly the "deal" they are (or sometimes are) offering? It's certainly not the service...so why keep going back? KD isn't even there any more...so why give business to a place that obviously sucks and who's owners don't care??

My family gave Homestay Inn/Eagles Lodge a lot of business over the years for two reasons. 1. It was a great deal, and 2. Paige was a wonderful host who CARED about her facility AND her guest.

Anyway...just my 2 cents on Classic Motor Inn.
You have a great past just ahead of you.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 09:46:03 AM »
Things went smoothly enough for us on Friday; with taxes and al, the charge was $56.04, which I think was a little higher than it used to be, but my memory may be failing. 

Since we like to eat at Mollies, we haven't tried the breakfast this year yet.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2019, 09:50:29 AM »
Why stay?

Good question!  I am not at all committed to CMI; however, I do like the location, and I am familiar with it.  We rarely get to Branson much before 10 pm, ad we leave the motel by 8 am.  I don't have time to fish for a new to fish for a new place to stay.  I have been VERY grateful to the groundwork that has been laid for that reason.

Rate and location are more important to me than just about anything else (assuming we're talking clean and safe).  So we return out of convenience, but I will happily move my business (such as it is), but I don't have anywhere to move to yet.