Author Topic: Headed to Branson..  (Read 9859 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Headed to Branson..
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2019, 06:54:46 AM »
Maybe you can check out on what's going on with the remodeling at the Cascades Inn and what's going on with the
destruction of the old Ramada Inn by Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater?

OK, I will do that,,,

Cascades, not much to see, they are getting all new front facade, you dont even reconize the old building,  has been kind of a long project..

will get pics of Ramada,,

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2019, 09:35:48 AM »
 Made my trip,  was good to see a couple of my favorite shows in town...  as you all know I am friends with and really like their show, The Haygoods.  It was good to see them all after there winter break..  was able to work in the afternooon show at Grand country, always a good time with that group too...

Pictures..?? >:( >:(

Took several pics, and when I got home I have a "Corrupted" disc message!!  So NO pics..... >:( >:(.

Here is what I saw...
The new pool at The tracks next to Hughes, NO progress..  Bad weather
The New ride at the other Tracks next to Tanger- No noticable progree there.. They are saving the old track for sure as we discussed.
The Wonderworks they have the one Elevator shaft done, working on a second now, not much else.
Still working on the interior of THE Starlite for the new National Enquirers museum, not a lot of progress there.
Ramada Inn--  The Main building is leveled and gone, the other two buildings have been gutted and and look like will come down soon. Wont take long there are 3 or 4 big pieces of equipment, and these guys look like they are being serious about it!!!!  LOL   This is really going to chnage the way that area looks.. Ramada has been there a long time...

Be back in 4 weeks, try to get updated pics then with a "good" disc,,,, ::)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2019, 05:12:31 PM »
We are headed up tomorrow and are going to the Stampede.  While watching the news for the last week or so about every other commercial is theirs so I finally gave in.  In fact, 2 commercials just played on the TV in the time it took me to post this.  They must be spending a fortune in advertising.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2019, 06:41:12 PM »
We are headed up tomorrow and are going to the Stampede.  While watching the news for the last week or so about every other commercial is theirs so I finally gave in.  In fact, 2 commercials just played on the TV in the time it took me to post this.  They must be spending a fortune in advertising.

Never been,,   I think you get a "big" 5.00 discount if you have SDC season passes.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2019, 05:22:31 AM »
The best thing about Stampede is the food. It is AMAZING.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2019, 06:59:42 AM »
Yea we got our huge $5 discount.  We have been a couple of times before but not since they changed the name.  It is too expensive.  Actually, I guess after you factor in dinner and a show, its probably not that bad.  And yes, the food is good.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2019, 12:29:42 PM »
There was an $8 off coupon in the season pass packet but it has to be used at the Stampede between February 22 and sometime in May. The coupon was good for up to 4 people.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2019, 08:27:10 PM »
There was an $8 off coupon in the season pass packet but it has to be used at the Stampede between February 22 and sometime in May. The coupon was good for up to 4 people.

Dang it, I guess I missed that.  Oh well.  Show was good, food was good.  First time being there since they changed it to be politically correct.  Appears to me they just removed the plantation background and reference to the old south and replaced with indians being driven out by white man.  That was my perception anyway.

On another note, it looked like there were still some duck boats sitting down at ride the ducks but it looked like half or more of them that used to sit there were gone.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2019, 08:10:08 AM »
Appears to me they just removed the plantation background and reference to the old south and replaced with indians being driven out by white man.  That was my perception anyway.

Unfortunate that "The Stampede" has fallen victim to the self flogging the rest of the nation seems to be infatuated with.  I will skip paying for a show that sounds like a lesson in guilt.  Thats my "last call" for the stampede.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2019, 10:45:19 AM by mhguy77 »

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 11:29:27 AM »
Glad to hear Stampede has become a bit more historically correct. It was so weird last time I went watching them present a fantasy version of Native Americans and not once mentioning what our ancestors did to them. This new version sounds like a good step in the right direction.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2019, 06:51:59 PM »
Glad to hear Stampede has become a bit more historically correct. It was so weird last time I went watching them present a fantasy version of Native Americans and not once mentioning what our ancestors did to them. This new version sounds like a good step in the right direction.

No they never really mentioned anything about what may or may not have happened to the natives.  They just had a part of the show with them in there, then the next part was settlers so it was sort of draw your own conclusion.  I do not remember anything about Native Americans in the show before they changed the name but maybe I just forgot.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2019, 04:39:51 PM »
I am going to Branson this weekend..  I will have a "Good" media card for camera this time...

Any pic requests>???

I will cruise SDC parking lot,
pics of the Skyscraper,
I will check on new work by the coaster across from Price chopper,
Ramada Inn demo...

what else?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:36 PM »
OK.   Here we go...  See link for pics... 

https://www.facebook.com/lorrie.crumb/media_set?set=a.10216376988328807&type=3

Here is brief description of what pics are..

No pics at The Startlite, lots of interior metal and walls going on, But dont see how this is going to be open this year very soon..

First 4 pics, parking lot behind Red Gold at SDC, getting elevation raised, new retaining wall, I didnt see any new equipemnt for the new ride.. I can tell you they had a full crew at work today. (sunday).  Lots of cars and employees.

Next 4- New pool at the Tracks, next to The Hughes Brothers, looks like more work left.....

Next 10- Wonderworks,  More concrete, looks like 2 elevators..  Lots of work left to go..

Next 8- Sky scraper,  you can see the new structure going in for the que line, along with another new building, maybe for tickets.  pics of some of the ride itself, all painted and ready.  BUT no way all the parts is onsite..

Next 4 - New addition for Aline Coaster on 76. Small area, just west of main building, you can see fence, and the area where the new ride will be bolted down.

Next 6-  Ramada Inn Demo

Final pics,  New construction and concrete footings along wiht poles, this is at the Mountain Coaster on 165. I dont know what this is going to be yet.  I had not heard anything about this..

Shave - Swosh - If you guys want to use these pics go updates go ahead..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2019, 08:38:40 PM »
Are they building a mountain glider, like what’s at Rowdy Bear, there at the mountain coaster on 165?
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2019, 09:02:46 AM »
Are they building a mountain glider, like what’s at Rowdy Bear, there at the mountain coaster on 165?

I dont know.. 
I did notice cables running to the south from the new structure area...   I am hoping NOT another little Zip Line.
the poles and concrete could be a landing spot for Zip line.. 

We will hear something in the next week or 2 for sure..