Author Topic: Orlando vacation vs. Branson, Pigeon Forge & Myrtle Beach  (Read 2811 times)

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
Orlando vacation vs. Branson, Pigeon Forge & Myrtle Beach
« on: January 24, 2019, 12:07:30 AM »
https://youtu.be/_Zk0P8JX3l4

Best Vacation? Orlando vs Branson, Pigeon Forge and Myrtle Beach!

John and Amy share 12 points to consider when deciding whether to take a vacation to Disney World and Universal Studios in Orlando, or to hit one of the popular regional destinations like Branson, Missouri, Pigeon Forge & Gatlinburg, Tennessee or Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

John and Amy are frequent travelers to Orlando, and absolutely love the magic of Disney World and the adventure of Universal Studios, along with all of the other amazing attractions.

They also live in Branson, Missouri and own two attractions there, Escape Code and The Axe Game. They love the smaller regional vacation destinations for several reasons that they will reveal in the video.

Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, amazing shopping, beautiful nature and exciting attractions, along with a lower cost make a smaller regional vacation destination attractive.

Watch and consider just what the best destination for your next vacation might be!
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

fenton04

• View Profile
Re: Orlando vacation vs. Branson, Pigeon Forge & Myrtle Beach
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 10:38:42 AM »
I got to tell this anecdotal story of our visit to Disney world.  My wife (nurse) was going to Orlando for a conference.  She was staying at a Hotel right outside of Disney world.  My teenage Son, and I decided we would share the room and go to Disney world while she was busy learning things.  To date this, the long anticipated opening of animal kingdom was to happen that spring.  It opened while we were there!  But that's not the story. As you know in the high end hotels even a bottle of soda, or a bad of chips can be more pricier that Disney World.  So my solution was to go across the street to a 7 11 quick mart and by a few thing for us to munch on in our room.  I purchased the items and my credit card says (see ID) on signature line and the clerk requested my drivers license.  When she saw I was from Missouri she asked if I have ever been to Branson.  I answered affirmatively and quite frequently.  She exclaimed that we were so lucky (her being a country music fan) and it was here fervent desire to go to Branson. I know, I know but in my soul I believe her to be truthful and I never take our Branson Trips for granted.
may your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow,
may trouble avoid you wherever you go.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 08:32:23 AM »
I will (and do) pay to go to Branson; I wouldn't go to Orlando or WDW for free.  In fact, I would pay to be let out.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:32 AM »
I will (and do) pay to go to Branson; I wouldn't go to Orlando or WDW for free.  In fact, I would pay to be let out.

OH!!  I SO AGREE!!!    ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2019, 10:29:59 AM »

To each his own I guess.  My family visits both frequently
SWOOSH

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2019, 01:37:11 PM »
I prefer Disney or Universal. They just know how to do everything almost to perfection. Totally immersive. My problem with Branson is that it is Branson :)

But, I will take a week in the mountains over all the glitter and lights any day.