Author Topic: Next new ride, next to go?  (Read 383 times)

colbrocol

• View Profile
Next new ride, next to go?
« on: April 19, 2024, 08:41:29 AM »
Just curious. What's everyone's thoughts on what next new ride is going to be, and which is the next to go?

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
Re: Next new ride, next to go?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 11:23:18 AM »
I am hoping they'll do something completely new for the next attraction, but it's likely that they will continue the theme of refurbishments/replacements. Flooded Mine has long been a candidate for complete refurbishment or replacement. They invested a bunch into Flooded Mine this year though, finally doing what was necessary to get the guns reworked and fixed a bunch of the moving props. Thunderation is needing TLC next. If they want to keep it, they'll need to work on it in a major way sooner rather than later. Sounds like it'll require a bit of ground-up work including support and track replacement.

I know I'd like to see more major indoor attractions, but it may be a long wait for the next one, unless they are blown away by the response to FITH and the lessons learned while building it.

dkparks

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2024, 07:26:42 PM »
Thought I read / heard somewhere recently that rumor was they were going to give Thunderation some serious work.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2024, 07:39:21 AM »
Yes as noted here: https://www.sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3274.msg85113#msg85113

And there were photos posted up a couple years ago showing how they have already been redoing the track and supports for it on the lower turnaround that sits adjacent to Time Traveler.

EDIT: Found it, dates all the way back to 2020: https://www.sdcfans.com/forums/index.php?topic=3977.msg81707#msg81707
« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 07:48:13 AM by sdcfan88 »

Lampie

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2024, 09:05:49 PM »
I’m really hoping for an omnimover ride or a trackless ride. But I don’t know that either of those are very likely.

I think they have 1-2 moderate projects(retracking thunderation could be one) then a resort, then a new area.

Wildfire

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2024, 09:28:17 PM »
I would really like to see them expand beyond Powderkeg or Outlaw Run and build a massive giga coaster. 
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 12:20:57 PM by Wildfire »

Jesus4me

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2024, 09:57:14 AM »
Old FITH building should be either a flying theatre like SOARIN at Epcot or a new Saloon replacing the smaller one next store with a bigger, more seating and a full-service restaurant menu. Then replace the old Saloon with a Flying Scooters ride.

colbrocol

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2024, 04:36:56 PM »
I'd love to see them make use of the big waterboggan tower. Would be nice to use it as an observation deck or somehow make another incarnation of the waterboggan. I think it could be made into ADA compliant if they had an elevator or lift to go to the top in.