Author Topic: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 63440 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2019, 09:13:54 PM »
This is absolutely based on nothing - but what if new FITH was placed over by FL?

The Fire in the Hole theme relates to FL...

Fires happen away from the fire station, so I'd rather keep it where it is.  They could, however, put a fireboat, in the lake to use as a shuttle from one side to the other.  The audio on the boat could be firefighters headed to Marmaros to fight the fire.

FITH is Fire Station 2.  So it’s not technically away from the fire station.  ???

I suppose that's true, but it wouldn't have to be if it were rebuilt.  The problem could be that the department can't get to the fire in time.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2019, 11:14:01 PM »
I’m visualizing a combo of Fire Chaser Express, FITH and Verbolten for the new FITH
SWOOSH

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2019, 06:21:20 PM »
I’m visualizing a combo of Fire Chaser Express, FITH and Verbolten for the new FITH

YES PLEASE. I finally got to go to DW on Halloween last year and rode Firechaser twice.... IT IS SO FUN! I would be VERY happy to have a version of that themed for a new FITH

cowboy

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
I may be in the minority, but I wouldn't wanted it changed significantly. It's a great ride and one that people talk about no matter their age. If I was a power to be, it would still be a rebuild but these are the things I would do:

1: Update the building and bring it into code (if it's out of code now).
2. Expand the building to include an indoor queue section. It's one of the only rides that can operate in any weather, but you have to stand out in the weather to get to the ride.
3. Update the ride system so you can have longer trains and increase the capacity.
4. Keep the main story and layout, but update all the effects and scenery.
5. At the burning bridge, update with a track drop.
6. Return the broken bridge effect, but add a decent drop (precursor to finale).
7. Update the train with a realistic train effect (not just a light).
8. Update the final drop to include a slightly longer coaster section.

Just keep it mainly a dark ride with some coaster sections, not just another indoor roller coaster in the dark. Also if you wanted a backwards section, instead of dropping under the train, maybe you could come to a stop right before hitting the train, then shoot backwards....

Jay

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2019, 02:21:13 PM »
Just keep it mainly a dark ride with some coaster sections, not just another indoor roller coaster in the dark.

I agree Cowboy.
FITH is NOT an indoor roller coaster...it is a DARK RIDE with coaster elements. I truly hope that when it gets rebuilt it will not be an indoor roller coaster.

To the PTB: PLEASE DO FITH JUSTICE AND DO NOT RIP IT OF ITS SOUL!
You have a great past just ahead of you.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2019, 02:29:15 PM »
Just keep it mainly a dark ride with some coaster sections, not just another indoor roller coaster in the dark.

I agree Cowboy.
FITH is NOT an indoor roller coaster...it is a DARK RIDE with coaster elements. I truly hope that when it gets rebuilt it will not be an indoor roller coaster.

I totally agree. Just to drop in another outdoor coaster and give it the  FITH name would be a injustice. Keep it a dark ride totally using modern technology.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2019, 03:35:55 PM »

I agree Cowboy.

I totally agree. Just to drop in another outdoor coaster and give it the  FITH name would be a injustice. Keep it a dark ride totally using modern technology.

This!
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2019, 08:19:48 AM »

I agree Cowboy.

This!

No VR and I really don't want to see 3D glasses

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2019, 08:20:26 AM »

I agree Cowboy.

Nailed it!

This!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2019, 08:42:01 AM »

I agree Cowboy.

This!

No VR and I really don't want to see 3D glasses

you guys are getting all worked up a project that hasnt even been announced yet.. :) 
But I am sure thay whatever they do, whenever they do it..

there wont be any 3D glasses invloled!!  LOL
they wont build a new coaster and name it FITH.
Will it be a Dark ride?  Maybe..

But it wont happen for what i would guess ninmum3-5 years..   lets finish the new ride first, then finish the boardwalk area,  and Riverfront Theatre

I think the AP will be the next ride we lose..   

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2019, 02:58:17 PM »
^actual time table is 2 years before its demise.  AP isn’t scheduled to go anywhere anytime soon

SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2019, 06:58:12 PM »
Personally I'd like a dark ride and a new coaster with indoor elements seperately. If we get something along the lines of Verbolten/Firechaser, that's not really a FITH replacement per-se, though it would be cool and a good addition.

The PTB are aware of the sentiment that FITH holds. The question is where they see ROI, and as we know ROI seems to come from doing something extravagant and marketable... So I'm not holding out hope that we will see anything like FITH return when it inevitably goes. It will be the end of one era and the beginning of another.

Then again, they could surprise us with an awesome Sally dark ride that tells the story of Marmaros in a fun and highly thematic way. Fingers crossed.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2019, 12:29:08 PM »
My one warning here is don't everyone jump all over this rumor too quickly.  All it is at this point is a rumor, with no verification of it.  For now I'm putting this in the same place as their scrapping Echo Hollow and building a completely new amphitheater over near the homestead, and scrapping the whole entrance area and building a new one. 

yes, we would all like something done with FiTH, for it to be refurbished/ restored, just like Flooded Mine.  But that doesn't mean that it's in the radar of the park at the moment.

Fine to dream a bit, but some seem to be taking this like it's going to happen and in the works, and that isn't necessarily so.  They may be looking at something, may be brainstorming and tossing around ideas, or they may not care in the least, which seems to have been much of pattern with it the last few years.  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2019, 02:24:11 AM »
« Last Edit: April 21, 2019, 09:20:10 PM by sdcfan88 »

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2019, 07:54:36 AM »
Starting to hear a lot more rumblings that the FITH rumor might actually have some traction.  Now there are about 5 different rumors out there right now, but the loudest is that current FITH will be open during 2020 season while new FITH is being built in FL for s 2021 opening.  Sounded like it would go in the Shad parking lot behind current FL. 

Again RUMOR but multiple sources this time so who knows.  We’ll keep an ear out for more. 
SWOOSH