Author Topic: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 63423 times)

pintrader

Re: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2019, 07:55:34 PM »
When did they shorten it? What changed?

Believe it was shortened in 1982.   The first dip (collapsing bridge) goes around to the left, and heads toward the train today.   Well before they changed it at the bottom of the first dip you would head to the right and thru a tunnel.   You would then read a sign that said "Danger track out ahead" and the track looked like it was mangled and going out over the cliff to the left.  As you came up upon the mangled track it would jerk a little toward it like you were going to follow the track over the cliff.   Then it would jerk back to the right at the last second (sparing your life) and continue down where it would hook up to the track just before the train and second dip today.

legoerosion

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 09:17:21 PM »
I don't think SDC would change that much if they completely redo the ride from the ground up. I think they know that it's so beloved by the GP and that they wouldn't remove the Baldknobbers from the ride.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
I don't think SDC would change that much if they completely redo the ride from the ground up. I think they know that it's so beloved by the GP and that they wouldn't remove the Baldknobbers from the ride.

In this PC driven world, there’s not a chance they return. People already refer to them as Klan members.  I’m honestly surprised they are still present in the current ride. 
SWOOSH

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
I hope that they keep the minimum height at 36” on the new version. Our son has been riding it since he was 2. It’s also the only 36” height coaster/bigger ride that is reliably open in cooler/wet weather.
However, I’m guessing that it will go up to at least 40” if it’s more of a true indoor coaster.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 07:36:45 AM by mg »

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2019, 09:38:45 AM »
I hope they keep the Baldknobbers. It is the reason for the ride in the first place. I could be completely wrong, but I have to believe that there are enough level-headed people in decision-making roles at SDC to understand the value of keeping the current theme. It is such an iconic part of SDC and the SDC story.

I also hope they keep the artwork in the queue area. Those paintings are priceless as far as I'm concerned. And they HAVE to keep the Red Flanders gag!

While a lot of things have changed over the years, SDC does have a track record of maintaining some of its most iconic symbols. Most people don't realize that the Wilderness Church was completely rebuilt with new logs several years ago. They did it so seamlessly and accurately that people don't even notice. While there's a big difference between a log church and a ride, someone in the PTB recognizes the value of the City's most treasured icons. Those things are what gives SDC a soul that other theme parks don't have.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2019, 02:52:07 PM »
We can only hope those level headed people are still employees.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2019, 06:42:47 PM »
This is absolutely based on nothing - but what if new FITH was placed over by FL?
SWOOSH

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2019, 12:22:13 PM »
This is absolutely based on nothing - but what if new FITH was placed over by FL?

The Fire in the Hole theme relates to FL...

Preachin_Bill

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2019, 12:30:24 PM »
We can only hope those level headed people are still employees.
Good point, sure hope so.

They had better keep the Baldknobbers theme and the art from the que.
If they get rid of it, may as well not even have a Fire in the Hole or even an SDC for that matter.

Its turning out just like places like towns in Montana...people come in because of how great it is, then go anout trying as hard as they can to change it to be just like where they came from, in their case the cities of california, and in SDCs case other generic theme parks.

Hopefully this is all just a rumor, but if they do tear it out, it better be done right and with original theme, etc.
Just think about those old buildings, firemans audio outside, town and creek props...theyre about to be gone forever. Nothing lasts forever but its still sad.
If youre doin this PTB, do it right by the history of the ride and park.
Small wonder our lives have so little of God in them, when we come in touch with so little that God has made.

HumphreyHawk

• Cave Guide
  • I do not think it means what you think it means
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2019, 01:18:20 PM »

Thats actually a great idea....build on the waterboggen land or behind the current restrooms in the back.  If FiTH's building has to go....why not?

Freeing up it's current location opens up a lot of possiblities on the side of the park too.  They could close the path back to Wilsons farm and open a new one through the FiTH area (bridge or tunnel over the RR track?).  Widen the path around the saloon and back to PK and the OH....plus have room for shops and/or some small flats.  Could really theme up the area into a more comprehensive western town?
"If with women don't find you handsome....maybe they'll find you handy"

Duelist

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2019, 02:33:16 PM »
Then what should replace the old FITH building?  Wow Swoosh you can get a thread going quicker than fire moving through a quaint 1880s Ozark Village  :)
I'm Your Huckleberry

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2019, 03:14:28 PM »
Then what should replace the old FITH building?  Wow Swoosh you can get a thread going quicker than fire moving through a quaint 1880s Ozark Village  :)

I would personally like them build a new lobby area for the Opera House on the East side of OH.  Then you could have people wait for the shows there.  Once “capacity” for the Theatre is met they close the doors to that waiting lobby.  You could have restrooms and a small concession stand in there too. 

As far as where FITH is currently, I’d like to move Lumbercamp over there (the concept not necessarily the theme).  Then you can remove Lumbercsmp and repurpose that area maybe even a new American Plunge
SWOOSH

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2019, 04:54:09 PM »

Fires happen away from the fire station, so I'd rather keep it where it is.  They could, however, put a fireboat, in the lake to use as a shuttle from one side to the other.  The audio on the boat could be firefighters headed to Marmaros to fight the fire.
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
If any of the theming from Fire In the Hole gets thrown away (ever!), I'll be dumpster diving after dark for it!!  ;D

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2019, 07:39:43 PM »

Fires happen away from the fire station, so I'd rather keep it where it is.  They could, however, put a fireboat, in the lake to use as a shuttle from one side to the other.  The audio on the boat could be firefighters headed to Marmaros to fight the fire.

FITH is Fire Station 2.  So it’s not technically away from the fire station.  ???
SWOOSH