Author Topic: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments  (Read 63460 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments
« on: January 16, 2019, 05:29:27 PM »
This is your official thread to post updates and speculations dealing the 2021 operating season for Silver Dollar City properties in Branson, MO.

Remember to list credits if you post photos that come from a different site and/or are not your own.

Thanks and happy speculating.
SWOOSH

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC’s 2021 Project(s) and Park Developments
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2019, 05:32:23 PM »
We are still a little far out from 2021, but the whispers are getting louder that FITH will be torn out at the end of the 2020 season and will be completely demolished to make way for a brand new version.  Of course things change over time but definitely something to keep an eye and ear on
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2019, 06:56:59 PM »
The rumors sure have been flying lately. But I guess it makes sense. We have always said it was a matter of time, and with the way things have been allowed to slowly degrade over time, it had to give way eventually. Now that they have popped the cork on ride replacements with Lost River, it makes sense to knock the others out one at a time.

FITH will be hard to see go. Even with a "new" version, we all know it won't be the same in spirit. Goodbye baldknobbers.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 07:41:56 PM »
FITH will be hard to see go. Even with a "new" version, we all know it won't be the same in spirit. Goodbye baldknobbers.

Thats what I fear too. It will be a watered down shell of its former self.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 09:39:54 PM »

Blazing Fury does just fine without the Baldknobbers and it’s far from being considered watered down. 
SWOOSH

DollarCityBoy

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan since 1987
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 09:32:23 AM »
Agree, Blazing Fury isn't watered down at all...because...wait for it......

....it has no water.

Sorry, couldn't help myself on that one.  :P
You have a great past just ahead of you.

chittlins

• Craftsman
  • I want a watermelon stand
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 12:29:13 PM »
We are still a little far out from 2021, but the whispers are getting louder that FITH will be torn out at the end of the 2020 season and will be completely demolished to make way for a brand new version.  Of course things change over time but definitely something to keep an eye and ear on

As long as it keeps the core concept and addea a drop track element at the burning bridge followered by a launch, should be a winner

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »

Blazing Fury does just fine without the Baldknobbers and it’s far from being considered watered down.

Blazing Fury has it's own theme... which come to think of it I don't even know what it was about other than a bunch of stuff on fire. FITH tells the story of how Marmaros was terrorized by Baldknobbers. It's part of the original fabric of SDC - telling authentic ozarkan stories in fun and inventive ways. 

I don't doubt their ability to build a cool new indoor coaster with some folksy theming, but we aren't going to see anything like FITH ever again.

JJH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 01:48:40 PM »
It would be interesting if SDC would commit to making the best dark ride ever.  They have made "the best" commitment with the last few roller coasters.  Unfortunately, I'm not sure if SDC would even  be interested in keeping the Baldknobbers.  I would love it, but combining hooded vigilante characters burning a town with family fun is a bit tough in the 21st century. 

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 02:08:43 PM »
Unpopular Opinion Time!   I actually am ok with them doing something with FitH. When I rode it last, it was rough. Nor only that, they zipped through quickly and I didn't feel I was able to actually see the scenes. I get why they zipped thorough.

Yes, seeing another piece of SDC history go is a huge bummer. But at this point it's moot. So much of "my" SDC isn't there. It is someone else's big memory in the making. Its still fun to visit.

It will be something to see if they did replace it. Are indoor dark rides still a thing? I would hope they kept the baldknobber theme.

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
I am for a total tear out and rebuild. If proper preventive maintenance had been practiced it would have been possible to salvage the building but the PTB started the process when they shortened the ride years ago. My hope is that they create a awesome dark ride experience in line with Seven Dwarfs at MK. With the new technology a amazing ride experience could be created. I could care less if it has any drops. Just tell a good story. Hopefully the local history and Baldknobber theme is kept.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2019, 06:11:29 PM »
Dont overlook the good chance that with the all New Water Ride/attraction....  The American Plunge will probably be in line very soon for replacement...

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2019, 06:20:43 PM »
More and more of the things that made it a special place are being torn out and replaced and soon it will be just another theme park

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2019, 07:06:43 PM »
When did they shorten it? What changed?
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2019, 07:23:49 PM »
Dont overlook the good chance that with the all New Water Ride/attraction....  The American Plunge will probably be in line very soon for replacement...

Pretty confident that the order (for now) will be FITH next followed by FM. 
SWOOSH