Author Topic: Branson in January and February  (Read 12920 times)

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: Branson in January and February
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2019, 04:02:08 PM »
We'll give anybody on here our local discount at Escape Code or The Axe Game. Just visit www.escapecode.tv/local or www.theaxegame.com/local. Have fun!

I have always wanted to do a escape room and now Axe throwing is getting big. Hopefully I can get my entire crew to Branson in the early spring to try your business out.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2019, 04:18:29 PM »
Of course you have all the indoor stuff at Grand Country...  36 holes mini golf,laser tag, golf carts, arcade and so on..

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2019, 09:56:23 PM »
We'll give anybody on here our local discount at Escape Code or The Axe Game. Just visit www.escapecode.tv/local or www.theaxegame.com/local. Have fun!

So how do we fill out the form on your website to get the discount if we are on "here" but do not live local?

johnburton

• Hatfield
  • Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2019, 11:28:44 PM »
Oops. I forgot the form asked questions about living or working in Branson. You can use this code when checking out instead: UNLOCKED

That will save you $5 each at Escape Code.

To save $5 each at The Axe Game, use code BULLSEYE

That's the same as the local discount.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 09:43:16 AM by johnburton »
Owner of Escape Code and The Axe Game in Branson, Missouri.

Co-host of TPF! Trips, Places and Fun

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »
I sent a few replies to a personal message sirwillow sent me, but I'm not seeing my replies...soooo, I'm not sure they are making it to him. If you didn't hear from me, just shoot me an email at john@escapecode.tv. Thanks!!

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
I sent a few replies to a personal message sirwillow sent me, but I'm not seeing my replies...soooo, I'm not sure they are making it to him. If you didn't hear from me, just shoot me an email at john@escapecode.tv. Thanks!!

There’s a glitch with the PM system.  You have to check a box if you want a receipt of what you sent.  It’s weird. 
SWOOSH

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2019, 10:44:58 AM »
Ahhhh...ok! I thought they were just disappearing. Thanks!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »

I got them!  Thanks so much John!!  :-)
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2019, 08:12:19 PM »
Great! I received your reply. We'll connect soon!

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2019, 09:18:18 PM »
A NEW TPF! TRAVEL VIDEO IS HERE!

Branson, Missouri in January and February: Vacationing in Branson in the off season is great!

John shares some tips on how to have an amazing vacation when it's slow, peaceful and quiet in Branson, Missouri!

Many attractions, restaurants, shows and resorts are open in January and February, and you will most probably save a lot of money during the off season.

https://youtu.be/UNR99R4Onqg

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2019, 06:46:36 PM »
I was in the area today for work so I decided to take a little detour and cruise the strip.  It was a ghost town, but even at that, still got stuck behind somebody going about 20mpg.  I dont know why people suddenly forget how to drive once they get out there.  I ate lunch at the Grand Country and there were about 2 other people in there with me.

johnburton

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
    • TPF! Travel
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2019, 06:54:39 PM »
I don't know what's worse, sitting in traffic when a thousand people are creeping along 76 or when the road is WIDE OPEN and someone is going 20mph, like you said. Brutal!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2019, 07:45:43 PM »
I was in the area today for work so I decided to take a little detour and cruise the strip.  It was a ghost town, but even at that, still got stuck behind somebody going about 20mpg.  I dont know why people suddenly forget how to drive once they get out there.  I ate lunch at the Grand Country and there were about 2 other people in there with me.

LOL..!!  ;D ;D 
Sounds like a great visit... 
You know traffic is ALWAYS vicious on 76.. ::) ::)

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2019, 08:37:57 PM »

That happens to me quite frequently this time of year, getting stuck behind someone going slow on the strip. I've had it happen multiple times going home from work at 10 or 11 at night even. Drives me crazy

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2019, 06:00:05 PM »
I was only in town for less than an hour, long enough to pull into Grand Country and eat my lunch alone then cruise up and down the strip.  It was interesting to see what restaurants were open and which were closed.  One thing that surprised me was there appeared to be quite a few cars at the Titanic.  Lot was not packed but certainly more than I expected.  By contrast there were no cars at the wax museum.  Not even sure if it was open or not.  While I was in the GC, I heard one of the workers talking to somebody saying that they had shows going in there all year long while other shows are shut down this time of the year.  I thought about driving out to the City and cruising thru but figured all I would see was an empty parking lot, so I didn't.  I put in quite a few miles yesterday driving from Nowata, OK up to Springfield, down to Harrison with the quick stop in Branson, then back up to Springfield, then to Bixby OK (south of Tulsa) then back to Nowata (1 hour north of Tulsa)  560 miles total.