Author Topic: 2019 Trip Reports  (Read 76567 times)

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 Trip Reports
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2019, 06:25:31 PM »
So what was their attitude?  Were they just rude or what?  Just curious.  Was it worse than a typical YCW?

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2019, 08:48:26 AM »
What we saw was cutting in line and/or saving spots for large groups, groups blocking pathways and not moving to let traffic flow, and other groups pushing into already crowded areas.  I am not saying, of course, that other folks don't so these things.  It's just that every example we saw that day was Mercy.  Also, it is true that it's not just the employees but their families/guests.  But the image remains.

I should pint out that I know a several Mercy employees, and all are great people (none was there Saturday).

We did not see any real examples of bad behavior among the choir kids.  Once, there was a moving group taking up a lot of room in a walkway, but there was no actual impediment to traffic.  I know as well as anyone that choir groups can behave poorly (I could tell ya stories!), but we just didn't see any examples of it Saturday.

YMMV.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2019, 06:43:40 PM »
The problem with "XYZ Day" at any venue, is that it gets filled with people who think it's all for them and theirs. They've probably never been there before, but they think that just being a member or affiliated with XYZ means they have special privileges.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2019, 11:43:54 AM »
I’m happy to report almost all of the sound effects are back working on FITH
SWOOSH

MCLFLN

• Jr. Citizen
  • Going since 1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2019, 02:37:41 PM »

That's great news! Do you know what was wrong?

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2019, 05:42:36 PM »

That's great news! Do you know what was wrong?

Gremlins.  Just like at FM, sometimes they just start working without anything being done.  Over at FM, the “Hurry Up Fred” is back. 
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2019, 09:40:37 PM »
We were there today but by the time we got to the FITH the line was too long.  We ended up NOT riding FITH, PK, TGS, and WF, and OR because the lines were too long.  Actually, we got in TT within about 5 minutes after we arrived at around 11am and then did FM and went down to the GE area taking our time.  Sat on the back porch at the cooking school looking at the new stage where my 10 year old commented he did not like the new stage, it was just plain and generic.  Nothing special like the old one.  Then had lunch at Red/Gold and after that lines started getting too long for rides.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2019, 11:24:56 AM »
At the park today. Arrived maybe twenty minutes ago. As we pulled up to the tram unloading area there was a Mercy ambulance there with it’s lights on. We were told to to stay on the tram but several people got off so they released the rest of us. As we walked towards the entrance it appeared as if EMTs were performing chest compressions and CPR on a guest. No idea what happened but hopefully they’re ok.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 07:48:05 PM »
So other than that, how busy was it today?

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2019, 08:58:12 PM »
So other than that, how busy was it today?

Pretty good, even with all the school groups that were there today. My brother and I waited longer for our calzones at Crossroads than we did for any ride. Longest wait we had was on PK, and that was because a kid pulled out his phone as they were pulling out of the station which caused them to immediately shut it down. Since we were next in line we decided to wait it out and were on it about 15 minutes. On FitH we were given handwritten passes to skip the line on any ride in the park because we allowed a group with a handicapped passenger to go ahead of us. Never seen that before anywhere. Most of the effects on FitH seemed to be in working order as well. Everything was working on FM, except my gun weirdly reset in the middle of the ride but no one else's did. Overall it was a really good visit today with just a couple of unusual incidents.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2019, 07:56:11 AM »
On FitH we were given handwritten passes to skip the line on any ride in the park because we allowed a group with a handicapped passenger to go ahead of us. Never seen that before anywhere.

I like this idea, keeps good cheer and reminds people to do the right thing.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2019, 04:13:52 PM »
I asked one of the workers that I often talk with what was going on with Echo Hollow.  The story is that Sherry Herschend was in the green room last season and was appalled at the condition and size of it.  She wanted it brought up to speed so they can attract big name bands.  Thus, the new Echol Hollow!  Will it remain as is, very plain and unassuming?  I was told that yes, it would remain as is.  New equipment and staging was purchased to improve sound and performance.  I hoped they would bring back the old look, but it appears that it's not going to happen.

Citydweller84

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »
On FitH we were given handwritten passes to skip the line on any ride in the park because we allowed a group with a handicapped passenger to go ahead of us. Never seen that before anywhere.

I like this idea, keeps good cheer and reminds people to do the right thing.

I agree, I like the idea of this. Didn't end up using them because at that point in the day almost everything was a walk on, but its nice to do the right thing.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »
I asked one of the workers that I often talk with what was going on with Echo Hollow.  The story is that Sherry Herschend was in the green room last season and was appalled at the condition and size of it.  She wanted it brought up to speed so they can attract big name bands.  Thus, the new Echol Hollow!  Will it remain as is, very plain and unassuming?  I was told that yes, it would remain as is.  New equipment and staging was purchased to improve sound and performance.  I hoped they would bring back the old look, but it appears that it's not going to happen.

I dont think you will see the "hillbilly" look come back to Echo Hollow, 
If they are indeed trying to get in some big names. 
It will need to be more modern look, or in this case...... A very neutral look,
Just needs to be updated in size and "mechanics"..  as it is now.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 16, 2019, 06:33:21 AM »
I dont think you will see the "hillbilly" look come back to Echo Hollow, 
If they are indeed trying to get in some big names. 
It will need to be more modern look, or in this case...... A very neutral look,
Just needs to be updated in size and "mechanics"..  as it is now.

I cant make an honest excuse for it.  Hillbilly was not the only way they could have gone with a theme.  I believe this was a big mistake.