Author Topic: 2019 Trip Reports  (Read 76630 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: 2019 Trip Reports
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2019, 03:05:17 PM »
SDC - FESTIVAL OF WONDER
More Photos at MidwestInfoGuide - Click the Link Above

SWOOSH

Clint F

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • I visit Silver Dollar City every other weekend!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2019, 03:27:29 PM »
Today was our first visit to the park this season!  I knew it was going to be a packed house as soon as we pulled onto Indian Pointe Rd off 76 (we always go through Lakeview (Branson West).  I had been looking forward to going ever since we got our season passes in December!

Once parked, we were going to ride the tram from stop 2, but there were two busses at that stop (one loading, one waiting to load), and I didn't want to ride a bus, so we walked up to the entrance.  I have two strong arms, and two strong legs, so I can walk. 

We made it into the park before the chain drop, so we went into the candy shop to wait for everything to open.

I rode the FiTH first because I saw a report on here from someone who said none of the sound effects were working in the ride.  I can confirm that they still are not.  No gun firing, no ricochet, no Red Flanders, no train whistle, no "Fiiiiire In The Hooooooole!" before the last drop.  I was really disappointed that they have made no attempt to fix that classic SDC ride.

We rode through the Flooded Mine and I didn't even touch my gun because I just wanted to look at everything and see all they work they DID do inside THAT ride!  Everything looked good, but some things were not working properly.  The saw blade did move back and forth, but it was not spinning.  The guy with the jackhammer was not shaking like usual, the guy who was supposed to be turning the pump crank didn't even have his hand attached to the crank, and in fact, the crank handle was in his hand hanging down towards the water. 

The huge marble ball that floats on the water as you enter The Grand Exposition (in front of Red Gold) was not working.

But, despite those things, we had a great time!  The smells of SDC were all there, I got some great photos of #14, and the food was all excellent!  We had luncheon in Crossroads Pizza, and the large pepperoni was tasty, though piping hot! 

I walked through the park with a smile the whole time!  Can't wait to go back!
I Love SDC!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »
Thought I would share my recent trip with updated ride thru videos of The Flooded Mine and the Train ride featuring the new Engine #14  :)

FLOODED MINE:
https://youtu.be/b4h3VUe5OHI

TRAIN RIDE:
https://youtu.be/T6jJkiHqn-0

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 26, 2019, 07:24:55 AM »
Nice report Clint, 

and good videos sdcfan..

pintrader

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2019, 11:24:29 AM »
 It was pretty busy yesterday, but the one thing that almost everyone was suffering from was allergies.  Everywhere you went someone was coughing, sneezing or complaining.  It was windy and you could just see stuff falling from the trees constantly.  We were in the Ozark Marketplace around noon and the clerk said they had sold out of all allergy medication about 5 minutes before.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2019, 12:25:23 PM »
It was pretty busy yesterday, but the one thing that almost everyone was suffering from was allergies.  Everywhere you went someone was coughing, sneezing or complaining.  It was windy and you could just see stuff falling from the trees constantly.  We were in the Ozark Marketplace around noon and the clerk said they had sold out of all allergy medication about 5 minutes before.

Hope you had a good visit..... 

as far as allergies, I was born with Asthma, have bad Bronchial Tubes and Hay Fever!!1   LOL.  I started popping double dose of pills about 3 weeks ago..  Its real BAD this year..... :-\

pintrader

« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2019, 01:25:43 PM »

Hope you had a good visit..... 

as far as allergies, I was born with Asthma, have bad Bronchial Tubes and Hay Fever!!1   LOL.  I started popping double dose of pills about 3 weeks ago..  Its real BAD this year..... :-\

Yes it is bad this year and yesterday at SDC was the worst I had ever seen.  I have a little problem with allergies this time of year so I had took a Claritin that morning (which usually takes care of it) but it did no good yesterday.  Good thing you were not there sanddunerider you probably would have been suffering.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2019, 03:47:38 PM »
Hope to have a new report in a week:  we have a visit planned for BG&BBQ for this Saturday.

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2019, 07:57:27 PM »
Hope to have a new report in a week:  we have a visit planned for BG&BBQ for this Saturday.

You are braver than most of us!  It’s mercy day Saturday.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2019, 09:15:31 AM »
Ha!

Bravery is not at issue:  it's the only day we can get to the festival.  Pesky jobs, family activities, and other sundry commitments always get in the way.

But thanks for the warning.  We'll get there early (and probably leave early, too).

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2019, 09:37:34 AM »
I looked at the weather for that day. Its going to be super nice. I was hoping for yalls sake it would have been rainy not rainy. You know when they call for rain and it scares everyone off but it doesnt end up raining.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2019, 05:20:27 PM »
I looked at the weather for that day. Its going to be super nice. I was hoping for yalls sake it would have been rainy not rainy. You know when they call for rain and it scares everyone off but it doesnt end up raining.

Depends on which forecast you're looking at.  The ones I was seeing this afternoon are now extending the off and on rain all the way through the weekend.

It'll be interesting to hear if there's any damage from the strong storms that have rolled over the park today.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »
So this Saturday is Mercy day?  I was thinking about going up but I guess not.  What about Sunday?

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 06, 2019, 08:46:53 AM »
We dodged any rain Saturday; by the end of our day, the sun was out strong.

The crowds were still pretty thin throughout the morning, which made for a very pleasant time.  We got there early and were glad because the opening, normally at 9:20 was at 8:20, so we didn't miss it.  We got a very nice show from the Pickers at the Gazebo soon after.

We met the new tenor at the Sons, and their show was also very good. 

I forgot to note that we saw the new Saloon show last month--we didn't like it as much.  It wasn't bad, and I think they are still working it out.

Anyway, we got to do almost everything we wanted to and still leave before 4.  Both the wife and I were celebrating our birthdays, and the numerous greetings were very pleasant.  As the crowds grew, they tightened up the train ride, but that's normal.

As for the crowds, as I said on another thread, the choir kids were pretty well behaved, but the Mercy adults were too often obnoxious, even before the numbers ballooned after 11.  It wasn't the numbers that made their presence all that difficult:  it was the attitude.  I guess they think they own the place because they sure acted like it.

I know Mercy can't police their people away from the office, but they are getting a black eye from the behavior.  Had I a choice, I'd not go to Mercy just because of the way those folks behaved.  Surely that cannot be a situation the Powers That Be at Mercy would be happy about.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 06, 2019, 03:15:22 PM »
We dodged any rain Saturday; by the end of our day, the sun was out strong.

The crowds were still pretty thin throughout the morning, which made for a very pleasant time.  We got there early and were glad because the opening, normally at 9:20 was at 8:20, so we didn't miss it.  We got a very nice show from the Pickers at the Gazebo soon after.

We met the new tenor at the Sons, and their show was also very good. 

I forgot to note that we saw the new Saloon show last month--we didn't like it as much.  It wasn't bad, and I think they are still working it out.

Anyway, we got to do almost everything we wanted to and still leave before 4.  Both the wife and I were celebrating our birthdays, and the numerous greetings were very pleasant.  As the crowds grew, they tightened up the train ride, but that's normal.

As for the crowds, as I said on another thread, the choir kids were pretty well behaved, but the Mercy adults were too often obnoxious, even before the numbers ballooned after 11.  It wasn't the numbers that made their presence all that difficult:  it was the attitude.  I guess they think they own the place because they sure acted like it.

I know Mercy can't police their people away from the office, but they are getting a black eye from the behavior.  Had I a choice, I'd not go to Mercy just because of the way those folks behaved.  Surely that cannot be a situation the Powers That Be at Mercy would be happy about.

SOunds like a nice visit both at SDC and Ozark Valley,  thats great..

I wonder the the Mercy aduls are more spouse or friends, rather than actual employees..??  acting that way os just wrong..