Author Topic: Starlite Theatre - No more  (Read 11762 times)

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
Re: Starlite Theatre - No more
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2018, 07:48:40 PM »
What is a "flying theater"?  Is that a standard name for a particular type of attraction?

Think Soarin’ at Epcot

That's what I had in mind.  I wonder what kind of stuff we're going to fly over...

Hillary's Secret Alien Baby?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2018, 09:09:38 AM »
I wonder if there will be a Donald Trump/Michael Cohen/David Pecker exhibit?  ;D ;D ;D

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2018, 02:20:34 PM »
https://nationalenquirerlive.com

Pigeon Forge and Branson both listed

Well that just rolled my stomach and turned it sour.  Yuck on so many levels.

It certainly won't be on my list of places I'll want to see.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 03:36:10 PM »
https://nationalenquirerlive.com

Pigeon Forge and Branson both listed

Well that just rolled my stomach and turned it sour.  Yuck on so many levels.

It certainly won't be on my list of places I'll want to see.

LOL..   It will be on my list for sure!   Top 10 list of things NOT to do!! ;D

(unless I hear some very high praises and good reviews). ::)

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 02:47:05 PM »
While I am not going to board the smut train to the Trashville, I can halfway see a place for this attraction. If done correctly,  it could potentially be borderline tasteful. I mean, there are some exhibits that I don't care to see at Ripleys. Am I going to get bent out of shape? No. I just don't go. I hope it does well and draws in the masses?? It's not for me and my family.

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 04:29:06 PM »
Of the "museums" that Branson has/will have, the only one that is of particular interest to me is Wonderworks; I've watched many walk-throughs of various Ripleys and Wonderworks locations, and I am really excited that Branson is getting a Wonderworks! Not at all interested in Ripleys (although their aquariums are pretty cool) and definitely not National Enquirer.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 08:03:39 PM »
Of the "museums" that Branson has/will have, the only one that is of particular interest to me is Wonderworks; I've watched many walk-throughs of various Ripleys and Wonderworks locations, and I am really excited that Branson is getting a Wonderworks! Not at all interested in Ripleys (although their aquariums are pretty cool) and definitely not National Enquirer.

Im surprised to hear you say that..  I like the Titanic, But since it basically doesnt change once every couple of years or so is plenty to visit..

I also very much like the Harry Foster Museum at the college, but there again, once every couple of years is fine..

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 11:15:56 AM »
Oh, I didn't even think about the Titanic... I should've maybe used a different word for what I was talking about. I view Ripleys, Wonderworks, and the NE "museums" as a different category than, say, Titanic or other places... Just not sure what word to use for them. Maybe "Interactive Eclectic Collections"? lol I dunno.

But, no, I actually do wanna check out the Titanic museum, and the Ralph Foster Museum, and the Toy Museum, and definitely the Harold Bell Wright museum. I just wasn't too clear on how I categorize the various places.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 05:02:32 PM »
I have never been in the toy museum, or that car museum.  Are they worth going to?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2018, 05:43:26 PM »
I have never been in the toy museum, or that car museum.  Are they worth going to?

Which car musuem?  I have been told the new one (new from tornado) is around 25 to get in,.

Not sure about the one at Dick Clarks..

I stopped at the toy museum once, I thought it was very pricey and decided not to go.. dont rememebr the price. but it scared me off..  BUT if you like that kind of stuff ALOT, I have heard it is very nice with lots of displays., So it might be worth the money to you..

Joy

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2018, 09:39:45 PM »
One of the YouTubers I follow did the Celebrity Car Museum (which is the one at Dick Clark's theater) a couple weeks ago... It looked interesting, but not really my thing; I'm just not much of a car person. But I think people who like cars, especially if they also like movies/TV, would find it rather fun.

SDC-BMW

• Ozark Hillbilly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2018, 09:58:36 PM »
The Veterans museum is a must see also. My dad was blown away.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »

Which car musuem?  I have been told the new one (new from tornado) is around 25 to get in,.

Petit Jean is $10, but it's out of the way unless you're coming up from Arkansas.

http://museumofautos.com

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 09:09:12 AM »
The interior demo continues...
restauraunt and upper offices all gone

hope to have some pics later....

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 06:47:52 PM »
The only car museum I can think of is the one across from stampede.  Unless the toy museum was cheap, I would probably not be interested.

On another note, has anybody been to that free Johnny Cash show that us up next to the Hampton I believe?