Author Topic: Starlite Theatre - No more  (Read 11772 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Starlite Theatre - No more
« on: December 12, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet.  But another project going on in Branson, is The Starlite theatre is closed for good..  most of their shows transfered to The Americana.

The word on the street is They are going to put a  National Inquirer Museum in its place..

I dont know if they are going to rebuild existing structure or demo and rebuild, But they did start interior demo in the Atrium area this week. 

Its  too Bad I always like that theatre, altough the Atrium had to very costly to maintain and didnt earn a single dollar, all wasted space..

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
Re: Starlite Theatre - No more
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2018, 12:20:56 PM »
 :o :o :o :o
Have to admit, that one caught me by surprise.  We really liked that theater.  The atrium was a really neat atmosphere- and they did have the restaurants and eating available in it all day long.  Ate there a couple of times.  That's really to bad.
Are all of the acts going to Americana?  Any ideas about Buckets and Boards?  That's such a step down in the quality of the theater.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2018, 12:27:11 PM »
:o :o :o :o
Have to admit, that one caught me by surprise.  We really liked that theater.  The atrium was a really neat atmosphere- and they did have the restaurants and eating available in it all day long.  Ate there a couple of times.  That's really to bad.
Are all of the acts going to Americana?  Any ideas about Buckets and Boards?  That's such a step down in the quality of the theater.

I think Buckets is going to appear at The Andy Williams theatre,,,  or whatever its called now....

The other 2 Mainliners - Country Vault, Janice Martin, will be at The Americana.

Hard to tell if The Prophecy or Rock Vault will be back next year at all or not..

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 02:10:10 PM »
I dont know if this has been mentioned yet.  But another project going on in Branson, is The Starlite theatre is closed for good..  most of their shows transfered to The Americana.

The word on the street is They are going to put a  National Inquirer Museum in its place..

I dont know if they are going to rebuild existing structure or demo and rebuild, But they did start interior demo in the Atrium area this week. 

Its  too Bad I always like that theatre, altough the Atrium had to very costly to maintain and didnt earn a single dollar, all wasted space..

A National Enquirer  Museum. LMAO thinking about what this might include.  UFO's , 95 year old Elvis, This is a step down in Klitch even for Branson , MO. 

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
A National Enquirer  Museum. LMAO thinking about what this might include.  UFO's , 95 year old Elvis, This is a step down in Klitch even for Branson , MO.

I dont know.. I have been thinking about too, but cant imagine the stuff they might have.. I first heard about this about a month ago,  but the demo just started,,

NOW keep in mind, there has been NO "official" announcement yet..

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2018, 09:52:28 AM »
Demo has started at Starlite, and apparantly they are gutting the restaurant, and office space above there.. clearing it all out,  BUT keeping the Atrium area intact.. probably for displays..   (IF it is a museum),,

IASTClone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2018, 12:05:48 PM »
https://nationalenquirerlive.com

Pigeon Forge and Branson both listed

DianaGail

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2018, 12:31:33 PM »
This news has given my family more laughs and puns than anything in a long time. Thanks for the merriment!

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2018, 02:04:22 PM »
https://nationalenquirerlive.com

Pigeon Forge and Branson both listed

I saw that the other day,  But I am still waiting for the "official" word.,,.,    :)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2018, 02:07:20 PM »
This news has given my family more laughs and puns than anything in a long time. Thanks for the merriment!

@ Diana .?    Laughs and puns?     

unfortunately this is true... :(

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2018, 03:42:52 PM »

Unfortunately this is true. It just reinforces some peoples perception of Branson and the people who visit. I LMAO at the news. I cannot imagine what would be in there to see. No thank you.

History Buff

• School Master, Circuit Rider, and Novelist
  • Global Moderator
  • Master Craftsman
  • We're History!
    • View Profile
    • CHECK OUT MY AUTHOR SITE!
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2018, 05:08:55 PM »
What is a "flying theater"?  Is that a standard name for a particular type of attraction?
Always SEEKING Memories Worth Repeating

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2018, 05:35:48 PM »
Unfortunately this is true. It just reinforces some peoples perception of Branson and the people who visit. I LMAO at the news. I cannot imagine what would be in there to see. No thank you.

I agree.. I just SMH at this project..   

I Liked the Starlite theatre, hate to see it changed and done away with. There are other theatre/buildigs in town that would have worked..  but as we have said before....
Location......Location...... Location..

I just hope they done run out of money doing 2 of these at the same time.  That would be par for Branson, tear up something on the main drag, and run out of money... :(

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2018, 06:31:35 PM »
What is a "flying theater"?  Is that a standard name for a particular type of attraction?

Think Soarin’ at Epcot
SWOOSH

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2018, 07:28:26 PM »
Interesting... like the idea of a flying theatre, hate National Enquirer...

Starlite looked like a cool place. Out of all the theaters in Branson, it's surprising that the bigger and better ones seem to have the most trouble.