Author Topic: RFD sells again- NO Hatfields and McCoys Dinner Show..  (Read 12288 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
RFD sells again- NO Hatfields and McCoys Dinner Show..
« on: December 09, 2018, 02:48:06 PM »
I posted this on another site, but since HFEC would be invlolved, I thought would post it here also...

While I was in town this weekend, eating lunch at Get'n Basted (of course), talking to my friends that live in the area..  I was very surprised to be told the RFD had been resold again!!

Yep sold this year, recently.   The buyer? none other than Dolly's Dixie Stampede!  Yep, bough the building and all the land adjoining..  Nothing like buying out the competition before they even start up..

Of course my questions was what now? Acrobats staying? doing a differnet show there? what?

I was told they were planning on leveling the building.!!  I dont know about that detail!,  WOW!!  Thats a lot of expense, just to level the property and not to worry about return on your money..   Stampede must be making a FORTUNE!!!.

I also am wondering, IF Stampeded did indeed purchase this, since they are managed by HFEC..  who actually bought it?  Stampeded? or HFEC..

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: RFD sells again- NO Hatfields and McCoys Dinner Show..
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 02:57:54 PM »
Pirates might be coming instead (like what’s coming to Pigeon Forge)  Waiting on confirmation
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 03:02:51 PM »
Pirates might be coming instead (like what’s coming to Pigeon Forge)  Waiting on confirmation

That would make way more sense than demoing the building..  BUT something for sure is going to happen, AND it WONT be The Hatfields and McCoys..!

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2018, 03:35:17 PM »
Not sure what Dolly will do, but there's no way the acrobats were going to be able to stay.  It was a fun, neat show, but they had absolutely no crowds.  Not a chance they were able to cover their bills with the empty theaters they had, so I'm not surprised at all that it sold again.
It will be interesting to see what happens.  I surprised there hasn't been something much more visible and successful there in the last few years, as it seems a pretty high profile location.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:27:02 PM »
So was something going to open up there that would have competed with Dixie Stampede?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 06:53:47 PM »
So was something going to open up there that would have competed with Dixie Stampede?

A group of investors out of Pigeon Forge bought the facility and was going to remodel and put in a large Dinner and a Show...

The Hatfields and The McCoys..

https://hatfieldmccoydinnerfeud.com/

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 11:35:16 PM »
Don’t forget the Shoji Theatre is for sale now too ... and the Kirby VB Theatre is still unsold and rotting away
SWOOSH

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 09:37:46 AM »
Don’t forget the Shoji Theatre is for sale now too ... and the Kirby VB Theatre is still unsold and rotting away

Yes, they are,  But Shoji's wont sell anytime soon... too many 0000's..      LOL..

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2018, 10:57:25 AM »
That's a very interesting development. Hate to see a good modern theatre go to waste, but it's prime real estate. Hopefully they got the corner as well.

Stampede isn't really "under" HFEC, it's a partnership with Dolly's company. Speculation about building a new theatre for one of the other big shows under her umbrella makes sense. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't just do an internal sale for some of the CC property though... unless they still have plans for it down the road.

Shoji's theatre is smaller and on a smaller/worse lot. Isn't the Kirby theatre way out on the red route or something?

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 11:08:41 AM »
That's a very interesting development. Hate to see a good modern theatre go to waste, but it's prime real estate. Hopefully they got the corner as well.

Stampede isn't really "under" HFEC, it's a partnership with Dolly's company. Speculation about building a new theatre for one of the other big shows under her umbrella makes sense. Makes you wonder why they wouldn't just do an internal sale for some of the CC property though... unless they still have plans for it down the road.

Shoji's theatre is smaller and on a smaller/worse lot. Isn't the Kirby theatre way out on the red route or something?

If they did an internal sale.. they would still have competition at the RFD in a prime spot... This way, they get prime location and eliminate the competition...

I am sure the corner lot and the old Quilt shop did NOT go with the sale.

kbosch1

• McCoy
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2018, 09:29:18 AM »
Not sure of the relation, other than WCI seems to have many "Assumed Names" of all of the "shows" that HFE owns?  So, is it a subsidiary of HFE for the purpose of holding their shows?  Here are some screenshots from the Tennessee S.O.S. website. and the link.

https://tnbear.tn.gov/Ecommerce/FilingDetail.aspx?CN=180254247179039140187206172085202116087018066229

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2018, 01:25:49 PM »
I think they might be Dolly's subsidiary. You'd be surprised how many different entities are under/connected to HFEC.

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2018, 09:25:08 PM »

Yes, they are,  But Shoji's wont sell anytime soon... too many 0000's..      LOL..

Speaking of which, last time we were there I believe Shoji had a show going at one of the other theaters in town, which I thought was odd since he has his own theater.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2018, 09:40:03 PM »

Speaking of which, last time we were there I believe Shoji had a show going at one of the other theaters in town, which I thought was odd since he has his own theater.

Yes, Shoji is doing his 2018 christmas show at the clay cooper's theatre for some reason..??   

I have heard the reasoning behind it, except his theatre isnt repaired yet from the fire and water damage from 2 years ago..  Ha to be more to that story than that.....   LOL