Author Topic: Food Packages at SDC  (Read 3917 times)

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Food Packages at SDC
« on: December 07, 2018, 07:14:37 AM »
I just came across this on another site I will include the link.  Food package discounts and a perk thrown in, I love this idea and would be one to buy where I otherwise would go back into Branson to eat.  I do think the show perk may be a conflict but a 1 trailblazer ride ( TT excluded) would be a possible and fun addition to this idea.  Thoughts?

https://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/animal-kingdom/news/06dec2018-new-tasting-sampler-offer-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-gets-you-35-of-food-for-30.htm

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Food Packages at SDC
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2018, 07:59:27 AM »
Intersting  idea..  prepaid food basically..

one question from the old guy?  WTH is a "digital wallet"...LOL

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2018, 08:29:18 AM »
one question from the old guy?  WTH is a "digital wallet"...LOL

It's adding it to your phone. On iPhone it would be adding it to the Wallet app. I really wish that SDC would get with the times and start accepting mobile payments (ApplePay, GooglePay, etc.) This is especially true at WW where someone could just pay with their watch instead of carrying around/go back to seats for cash/cards. They really need to add digital passes too. I have to get mine reprinted a few times a year because the ink wears off.

Got a little off topic there. Basically digital wallet = phone.

mhguy77

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2018, 08:31:28 AM »
Disney has a no cash option that you can use.  Load up credits to your account and access them through a plastic watch band you wear that identifies you.    They are offering tastes or samples that are more than a bite and you can choose what you would like to try and also get a perk.  I would love this idea at SDC.  SDC misses the boat when it comes to food I think, its good I enjoy much of what they serve but I don't want to buy an entire pizza, I want a slice, Its like not offering a half rack of ribs, making you buy the entire thing.  Doesn't make sense.  1 pizza $20 1 pizza cut into 6 large pieces, 4.95 each.  I would buy it and SDC would increase the "take" buy a third.   Why not?  much of what they do in this department confuses me, I think they are behind with options of purchasing.  Don't need a whole rack of ribs, don't need a whole pizza, don't WANT to spend $9 on a bowl of potatoes however I would spend $30 on a card that would allow me to "try" things in a smaller portion.  This increases the experience for the guest, brings in more F&B income and creates interest, interaction, and options.  This would bring me to the park if this were wrapped in a festival.  An easy way to create a buzz and sell $30 worth of food, not $10.  I may add that when your only option is a large size this will affect that persons food purchases for the day.  They are full, you can only eat so much.  Smaller portions package price! 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 08:38:46 AM by mhguy77 »

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2018, 03:15:20 PM »
Say I purchased this band. What is stopping me from sharing the benefits with my family? Like I get in line, get the delux sample, give it to my kid. I go to another establishment for myself. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2018, 11:12:38 PM »
Say I purchased this band. What is stopping me from sharing the benefits with my family? Like I get in line, get the delux sample, give it to my kid. I go to another establishment for myself. Lather, rinse, repeat.

It’ll probably have a barcode and a time restriction in between sampling
SWOOSH

Obviousdramatic

• Hatfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
New to me funnel cake deal: a sample plate! I asked about this and was told it was 3 funnel cakes 4 1/4 inches of your choosing. Flavors depend on that stands offerings. I am really excited about this offer and hope that it does catch on. I would like to see sample plate offers at other food stands.

Buddyboy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2019, 04:34:25 PM »

Or  someone steal your watch with your information on it. That would create bigger lines at front gates /  what stopping  silver dollar city  charging you  something you  didn’t buy   I don’t think it be cost effective.