Author Topic: SDC Closed 5 years ago today  (Read 2344 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
SDC Closed 5 years ago today
« on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:16 PM »
I had forgotten that...  But it came up on my FB "memories">..

I have the announcemnt , but not smart enough to share here, or on the SDCFans page on FB,,,

somebody walk me through it, I will try to post the notice..

runner1960

• Conductor
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Closed 5 years ago today
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 02:28:28 PM »
I had forgotten that...  But it came up on my FB "memories">..

I have the announcemnt , but not smart enough to share here, or on the SDCFans page on FB,,,

somebody walk me through it, I will try to post the notice..

Not sure if its the same thing you are talking about but we were at the park about 2 PM and it was snowing heavy. It was a Saturday and they announced the park would be closing. Not sure what time they ran us all out though. It was after dark but I think 5 PM.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: SDC Closed 5 years ago today
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 02:53:39 PM »
This was on a friday.. It stated this..:

""Silver Dollar City Attractions
December 6, 2013 ·
For the safety of our employees and our guests, Silver Dollar City will not open today (Friday, December 6) due to the accumulation of ice and snow within the park and surrounding areas. Previously purchased tickets are valid for the remainder of the 2013 season. For more information or to request a refund, please contact our reservation center at 800-888-7277 tomorrow after 10am (CST) as it will be closed today. You may also purchase your 2014 season passes online.

The Showboat Branson Belle 4 pm cruise for today, (Friday, December 6) is still on at this time, but updates will be provided if a cancellation is necessary.

We apologize for the inconveniences and hope you will have another opportunity to visit us during An Old Time Christmas scheduled through December 30.""

Along with a picture/poster saying "closed today"