Author Topic: Snow-weather in Branson area..  (Read 4096 times)

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Snow-weather in Branson area..
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:14:53 PM »
With possiblilty of snow coming this weekend....

yes Branson streets are a lot of fun,  BUT if it snows on I-44 east and west of springfield??  I-44 is almost indriveable.. I have been caught downt there a couple of times.. 

What did Schultz used to say on Hogans Heroes.......  "Very Interesting"

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Snow-weather in Branson area..
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2018, 07:37:40 AM »
Starts friday evening, through the night, saturday too.. 
warm enough supposedly for snow only, no ice..
another 24 hour will tell it they have it right or not..'

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2018, 07:41:09 AM »
It's Missouri- it's going to be changing up until it starts.  2 days ago we were looking at up to a foot of snow in Northern Stone County.  Now it's dropped to maybe an inch while Branson could have 3-6 inches.  However that line has moved a lot already and that can easily change again.  The storm that is bringing it is just moving in off the coast of California, so it's still a ways about and things can change a lot as far as who gets what.
As always, keep an eye on the radar and don't expect anything to stay the same.  Watch Saturday turn out to be a perfect day to visit SDC.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 08:21:49 AM »
It's Missouri- it's going to be changing up until it starts.  2 days ago we were looking at up to a foot of snow in Northern Stone County.  Now it's dropped to maybe an inch while Branson could have 3-6 inches.  However that line has moved a lot already and that can easily change again.  The storm that is bringing it is just moving in off the coast of California, so it's still a ways about and things can change a lot as far as who gets what.
As always, keep an eye on the radar and don't expect anything to stay the same.  Watch Saturday turn out to be a perfect day to visit SDC.

Yepm Missouri / Kansas. 

looks it's sunny.....  wait a minute, no its not.....  yes it is... LOL..

Time will tell... 

I prepped the 4x4 suburban, I will be headed south either late friday, or early sat morning..

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2018, 10:24:49 AM »
On the day we moved there, we hit an ice storm and slid down the hill backward at Saddlebrooke. Scariest experience in my life.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2018, 11:16:11 AM »
I am a storm chaser for KNWA down in NW Arkansas. Here is some of the Forecast Models as of right now. Without getting too technical, I will also post some from the past couple days to show contrast on how this stuff is hard to forecast. However just because of the pattern from the past few years I am betting this winds up being a dud or we get more ice than anything. (I prefer snow tho)

The bottom two are from this morning versus the snowpocalypse from last night & yesterday afternoon.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 11:17:59 AM by sdcfan88 »

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2018, 11:04:56 AM »

This is almost starting to look prophetic.  Now they're talking a trace to an inch of snow.  It may well turn out to be a great day to visit the park
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 11:41:56 AM »
what storm?  Who's Stormdar?

Suburban is fueled and serviced,  coming down tomorrow (maybe tonight) to see a couple of Christmas shows in town..!!

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 12:39:51 PM »
Yeah this storm turned out to be a complete joke. But its been the typical scenario for the past 5 years.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 02:34:11 PM »
Yeah this storm turned out to be a complete joke. But its been the typical scenario for the past 5 years.

Yep.. Kind of like the Royals..... Swing....and a miss!!..    LOL..

The governor of Oklahoma even declared State of Emergency yesterday ( I saw on FB)..