Author Topic: JoDee Herschend  (Read 4270 times)

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
JoDee Herschend
« on: November 26, 2018, 12:01:37 PM »
In case you haven’t heard yet, I hate to be bearer of bad news... JoDee Herschend lost her fight Sunday with cancer.  I don’t know all of the details other than she came home from the Mayo Clinic for Thanksgiving. 

Those who had the privilege of meeting this special lady in person know how big of a loss this is to the SDC family. 

Fly high, JoDee. 

Edited to add link to KY3 article
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Herschend-Entertainment-mourns-the-loss-of-JoDee-Herschend-501271971.html
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 05:05:38 PM by Swoosh »
SWOOSH

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: JoDee Herschend
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 04:05:41 PM »
I think I speak for all members of the SDCFans community when I say that the entire Herschend family holds a special place in our hearts, even though most of us have never met them. I had the good fortune of meeting Peter while in the city a few years ago, and he was very gracious to me when I approached him. My prayers go to him and his family.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 04:32:07 PM by Pudgy Jones »

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2018, 08:34:40 PM »
Sad to hear this news. My thoughts are with the entire Herschend family. I hope the park can do something special to honor her memory.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 01:10:08 AM »
So sad to hear this. Used to run into her and Pete every now and then while visiting the park and chat with them. Anyone who has met her knows that JoDee was very personable. Met with her and Pete with my Father during the reunion they did for the Founders week a couple years ago as he used to work directly with them back in the late 60's at the park. She was a good friend to him.

RIP

cheesehead57

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 10:20:50 AM »
Our heartfelt sympathies to the Herschend  family on the loss of a very special  caring woman.

palallin

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 10:48:34 AM »
I think I speak for all members of the SDCFans community when I say that the entire Herschend family holds a special place in our hearts, even though most of us have never met them.

You definitely speak for me.

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 12:56:43 PM »
Such sad news.  Got to meet her a couple of times while working at SDC, and she was very sweet, very nice.  Never heard a bad thing said about her, but lots and lots of good.  She was well loved by, I think, everyone who knew her or had a chance to meet her.

Her influence and impact goes well beyond SDC and outside of the park, into the communities around.  She did a lot for a lot of people.  She'll be greatly missed.
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

biscuitcreek

• Conductor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 09:18:10 AM »
Here's a free article from Branson Tri-Lakes News about JoDee:

http://bransontrilakesnews.com/news_free/article_e2a1057c-f1be-11e8-8c36-8f6c06567ca5.html

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2018, 01:09:15 AM »
She was a hoot in "Jack & Pete Tell it All". It was obvious how much they were deeply in love.