Author Topic: Jack and Pete Tell It All  (Read 5709 times)

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
Jack and Pete Tell It All
« on: July 23, 2018, 09:38:03 AM »
I was at Dollywood this week and bought a DVD called "Jack and Pete Tell It All". I presume it is the documentary that was shown in Branson earlier this year. It is a fantastic documentary. I highly recommend it to anyone who is as devoted to SDC as we are on this forum. It is money well-spent.

BTW, this was my third visit to Dollywood. I spent my entire time there wishing I was at SDC. It just doesn't have the soul that SDC has, in my opinion.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
Re: Jack and Pete Tell It All
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 12:24:00 PM »
You cannot go in expecting SDC.  DW has its own personality and it works for them.  Took me a few visits to understand that but now it is one of my favorite non-SDC parks to visit
SWOOSH

Pudgy Jones

• Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »
That's fair. I started to enjoy it more once I started to consider it on its own merits.

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 09:35:37 AM »
Is this DVD available for purchase at SDC or anywhere online? Would love to watch it.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

pintrader

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 10:29:02 AM »
I purchased it yesterday from this site and supposedly it is going to be for sale at the park soon if not already.  Very much worth watching, but not a lot of new stuff since most fans know the story of the park anyway.  It is nice to hear the stories from Jack & Pete and the employees who lived it directly.

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/149599

Jemmicat

• McCoy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2018, 01:18:53 PM »
I went to Dollywood for the first time last Thanksgiving. I also could say I was a bit disappointed. I am not much into rides anymore and it just didn't have a lot to fill my time. Shows did not seem as good. I am sure it does have its merits and I am sure if I rode the rides I would probably feel differently. I went because I was driving cross country from Springfield, MO to Charleston, SC and then to St. Augustine, FL and then back. But I will say I probably won't go back at least not soon. Although I would love to hit up their bluegrass festival too.

I will say I was doing all this traveling and all alone so that probably biased it some too.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 07:00:09 PM »

That looks awesome!

I would buy it if they allowed downloads, but since their purchased videos are just lifetime rentals, I'll rent it instead.

KBCraig

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 11:41:49 PM »

That looks awesome!

I would buy it if they allowed downloads, but since their purchased videos are just lifetime rentals, I'll rent it instead.

Whoops, I spoke too soon!

I was looking at their "how to watch" page, I guess. I went back again and saw that I could buy and download, so I did.

I'm enjoying it right now. :)

Coaster

• Global Moderator
  • Craftsman
  • Resident Twenty-Something Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »
Resurrecting an old topic here. I purchased the DVD of the documentary at the park on Saturday, but when I was there in October I did not see it. I watched it on Sunday and I loved it! I learned a couple new things that I did not know before, and the documentary also had some great overhead views of SDC that are somewhat rare to see.

I will definitely be watching this again when I want my SDC fix! $12.99 in the Ozark Marketplace for anyone else interested.
"May there always be a Silver Dollar City..."

sirwillow

• Blacksmith
  • Ralph, you remember that talk we had in the cabin?
    • View Profile
    • Confessions of a Theme Park Worker
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2018, 01:04:10 PM »
Thank you!  I'll be sure to look out for it next time I'm at the park
This is a stick up!  Get it? Stick.... Nevermind, it's a train robbery.  I want everyone to get your hands up and act scared.

okiebluegrass

• Post Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2018, 03:02:21 PM »
I saw it for sale in the hospitality house when I was there for the first weekend of OTC.

Ozark Outlaw

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • Yes, I am on Facebook. :)
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 02:34:42 PM »
Of all places, there were several copies in the candy factory when I was there a couple of weeks ago. I picked up a copy of the DVD while also grabbing some fudge.  ;D

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 06:54:07 PM »
Thanks! I'll look for it, also.