Silver Dollar City & Celebration City Discussion > Construction/Rumors

Fire in the Hole changes coming?

(1/3) > >>

dkparks:
Was in the City this past weekend and talked to a couple employees who stated that management is looking at FITH. Good news was that one option was to completely rehab it. Bad news was one option was to demolish it. Anyone hear any concrete information?

shavethewhales:
It's definitely been an on-going discussion on here for years now, both FITH and Flooded Mine. Almost every year we ask if they are finally going to re-do one of them, but they keep them chugging along as-is.

It's only a matter of time really. Both are having trouble with basic wood rot and issues that haven't been kept on top of like they should have been. At this point I fear the park will want to gut or tear down both and rebuild with new versions. I wouldn't mind the "new" so much if they could keep some of the old theming and keep the same basic "feel" of the ride.

The current big rumor is that Lost River is being re-done for 2020 (based on tram announcements that it will be closed next year). I guess the earliest they could even start on one of the classics would be that year unless something really breaks or fails a major inspection.

sdcfan88:
Best Case scenario would be they copy what was done at Dollywoods version. (Blazing Fury) It was apparently retracked a while back. Only concern is if they retheme it to be more PC friendly as it has already been done with a couple scenes. (gun shooting/hanging scenes)

Swoosh:

--- Quote from: sdcfan88 on November 12, 2018, 08:22:38 PM ---Best Case scenario would be they copy what was done at Dollywoods version. (Blazing Fury) It was apparently retracked a while back. Only concern is if they retheme it to be more PC friendly as it has already been done with a couple scenes. (gun shooting/hanging scenes)

--- End quote ---

We’ve long passed best case scenario.  The building is the real issue, not the ride itself. I’d be surprised if they DON’T bulldoze it and build new.  There are a lot of new tricks they could incorporate and I’m not sold that the PTB would see the value in renovations vs new.  The ROI is better with new hence why so much of the old park keeps being leveled for newer versions. 

sanddunerider:

--- Quote from: sdcfan88 on November 12, 2018, 08:22:38 PM --- Only concern is if they retheme it to be more PC friendly as it has already been done with a couple scenes. (gun shooting/hanging scenes)

--- End quote ---

I sure hope they do!  :o :o

I am quite offended by some of the scenes...  ??? ???

And they need to change the "headlight" at the end.. It hurts my eyes...  ::) ::)

And what about the poor canaries.. all caged up and never fed?  Someone call PITA!!!! ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version