Author Topic: 2019 SDC Refill Tumbler  (Read 17261 times)

npd652

• Ozark Hillbilly
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
2019 SDC Refill Tumbler
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:54:35 PM »
SDC just announced a 2019 Refill Tumbler for $49.99. With that purchase you get free refills all year long. Seems awful pricey. Thoughts?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 SDC Refill Tumbler
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 02:24:03 PM »
We bought one. When you consider buying the unlimited refill cup at WW, then two of the discounted refill cups at SDC, we can just buy one of these for less. Rarely do we even use both of our refill cups when at SDC.
We are locals so we go quite often. Not sure how great of a deal it would be for out-of-towners. 

DarthYoda

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 04:35:46 PM »
I think that it is a little over priced, and my family uses two of the mugs they sell now and we use them both frequently, but we normally refill ours at the pizza place that is next to the path to enter the farm area with Outlaw Run, you can get free refills because nobody watches at the Freestyle machines there to see if they went through to actually buy refill, so you can get away with free refills there. unless they increase the price of the refills or the price of the current mugs, I don't see any reason why we would get one. Also I'm new to the forum so hi everyone!

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2018, 05:02:45 PM »
We have several of the $1 refill mugs so I do not think I will be buying this, unless they stop honoring the grandfathered mugs.

sdcfan88

• Conductor
  • SDC Fan
    • View Profile
    • Stormdragon Weather Photography
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2018, 05:04:47 PM »
Yeah they need to price it about $15-20 less to be more competitive with Cedar Fair or Six Flags.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 06:20:44 PM »
Pretty sure the WOF one was $25.  IDK about my SF one since it’s included with my meal plan
SWOOSH

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2018, 06:33:56 PM »
Yeah they need to price it about $15-20 less to be more competitive with Cedar Fair or Six Flags.

Speaking of which, I posted this in the other park area too, but I am considering doing Frontier City passes or membership for next year instead of SDC.  It appears their passes now include all or most six flags parks as well, just trying to sort thru all the different options.  As far as memberships go, it looks like they only offer gold from Frontier City, so if you want diamond elite looks like you have to buy it from a different park, if its worth it that is, which it probably isnt

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2018, 07:24:05 PM »
We have several of the $1 refill mugs so I do not think I will be buying this, unless they stop honoring the grandfathered mugs.

They have stopped honoring them.  I was told that this summer and actually shown the memo.

shavethewhales

• Administrator
  • Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
    • SDCFans.com
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2018, 07:59:07 PM »
Woof, that is steep. I guess they know how often people visit and get refills. As we've discussed before, it's tough to do deals like this when so many people come all year long. Not a lot of people visit WOF 10+ times a year unless they are big enthusiasts, but it's not so rare to hear of people doing that at SDC.

More reason to move to cards/membership programs.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2018, 08:02:28 PM »

They have stopped honoring them.  I was told that this summer and actually shown the memo.

I used my Buzz Saw Falls mug a month ago.. No problem..   
I look for them to do a complete shut down on old mugs next year,  Especially with the anouncement abouot the 49.95 mugs next year,
Just tying to get people used to it now, maybe?

Okiebenz

• Blacksmith
  • SDC fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2018, 08:04:09 PM »
We used our Buzz Saw mugs just this past weekend several times, and used them a few weeks ago as well.

pintrader

« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2018, 08:46:09 PM »

We used our Buzz Saw mugs just this past weekend several times, and used them a few weeks ago as well.

I think the question is how are they honoring them.  Are they totally doing away with the grandfathered in mugs and just doing the current year....or are they doing away with the $1.00, $1.50, etc, and just charging current refill price for these mugs?

mg

• Cave Guide
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2018, 10:26:43 PM »
It will be interesting to see how they link the tumbler to a specific pass. The details state that the tumbler is valid for a single pass holder only. When we purchased it, it didn't ask which pass it was being purchased for. Maybe they do that when you redeem the certificate for the actual tumbler next year. I bet that they will scan the pass to verify. I would assume that they will only do this for the more specialty drinks that you have to order and not for fountain drinks.

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 09:38:56 AM »

I think the question is how are they honoring them.  Are they totally doing away with the grandfathered in mugs and just doing the current year....or are they doing away with the $1.00, $1.50, etc, and just charging current refill price for these mugs?

That's true! When I pointed out the $1.25 refill on mine, I was told all mugs must be filled at the current refill price.  If that stays true, I can deal with it.  I seldom refill mine other than an occasional iced tea.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 11:46:11 AM »
Woof, that is steep. I guess they know how often people visit and get refills. As we've discussed before, it's tough to do deals like this when so many people come all year long. Not a lot of people visit WOF 10+ times a year unless they are big enthusiasts, but it's not so rare to hear of people doing that at SDC.

More reason to move to cards/membership programs.

More people than you’d expect.  It and SF are used as cheap babysitting in the summer
SWOOSH