Author Topic: Your Travels Thread (2019)  (Read 1051 times)

Gilligan

• Craftsman
    • View Profile
Re: Your Travels Thread (2019)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 01:19:48 PM »
We booked a cabin at Yellowstone late August.  This will be the first time we've gone and not camped. We'll end with a couple nights camping in Bridger Natl Forest. Yay for the cabin, warmth, hot showers, internet...  but I already miss the camping experience.

Joy

• Administrator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 01:53:43 PM »
What was the comment about the "silly" rules?

You have to have a kid with you to get entry into Lego Discovery Center; they have adult-only nights once or twice a month where that rule is suspended, but for the most part, if you're an adult, you gotta have a kid with you to go there.

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 08:48:16 PM »
What was the comment about the "silly" rules?

You have to have a kid with you to get entry into Lego Discovery Center; they have adult-only nights once or twice a month where that rule is suspended, but for the most part, if you're an adult, you gotta have a kid with you to go there.

Kid must be 12 or under as well.  I mean I get the rule, because of their target demographic but itís also a pain for us adults that enjoy Legos that donít have kids.  For me Iím more interested in the Mini-Land and the rides, Theatre and model builder school than the little kid stuff.  Oh well.  Iíve done it before with a media pass
SWOOSH

Joy

• Administrator
  • Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2019, 09:52:36 AM »
Yeah, I understand their reasoning. Thankfully, I've got four niblings under age 12, so I should be able to go at some point. I really wanna see the Mini-Land most of all. Someday I wanna be able to go to an actual Legoland, too.

sanddunerider

• Master Craftsman
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2019, 02:08:36 PM »

Kid must be 12 or under as well.  I mean I get the rule, because of their target demographic but itís also a pain for us adults that enjoy Legos that donít have kids.  For me Iím more interested in the Mini-Land and the rides, Theatre and model builder school than the little kid stuff.  Oh well.  Iíve done it before with a media pass
[/quote]

Yes, I figured as much..  does make sense, in a off balance sort of way.   LOL

Swoosh

• Master Craftsman
  • Editor
    • View Profile
    • THE Midwest Info Guide (MiG)
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2019, 10:51:13 PM »
Yeah, I understand their reasoning. Thankfully, I've got four niblings under age 12, so I should be able to go at some point. I really wanna see the Mini-Land most of all. Someday I wanna be able to go to an actual Legoland, too.

Itís really well done.  Iíll see if I canít fund an old PTR of it.  It wasnít any problem for me getting in when it first opened because the Master Model Builder was a fraternity brother of mine and Iíd get to go up and watch/help him build in the lab.  Unfortunately he left a couple years ago to go back into teaching (much less stressful)
SWOOSH